Ross a Fin fan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross a Fin fan

Well , the only goal in football is to win a Super Bowl so if you want to be extreme about your logic then , 31 coaches should have been fired last year

And therefor 31 owners don't do everything they can to win.

Also , since you want to bash him for extending philbin .

You tell me , what coach would YOU have hired this offseason and then when that coach fails I'll come back to show you his record in 3 years .

Let me know so we keep track of how great an Owner YOU would be.

He is the owner that has given extensions to two coaches that have not got the job done

.. Not sure what point your missing

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

So that forces him to extend subpar coaches. Don't get that logic. He extended Philbin just recently

Teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Giants, Packers are always competitive because they keep their coaching staffs intact with Belichick, Tomlinson, Coughlin and McCarthy. They don't panic if they miss the playoffs and don't fire coaches all the time. We have had a merry go round of coaches since Shula retired, and mediocrity. Some of the blame is flat out lack of talent, but we cannot keep firing the head coach every 2-3 years. Philbin is on the hot seat, but he has no excuses if Miami cannot make the playoffs in 2015.

Teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Giants, Packers are always competitive because they keep their coaching staffs intact with Belichick, Tomlinson, Coughlin and McCarthy. They don't panic if they miss the playoffs and don't fire coaches all the time. We have had a merry go round of coaches since Shula retired, and mediocrity. Some of the blame is flat out lack of talent, but we cannot keep firing the head coach every 2-3 years. Philbin is on the hot seat, but he has no excuses if Miami cannot make the playoffs in 2015.

Continuity only makes sense when they have success. Not many examples of coaches that were kept after three non winning seasons that have led to success. I'm sure if you keep any coach long enough u might make playoffs once.

There's some interesting stuff in that article, apparently Ross started thinking about selling the team when he couldn't get public money for the stadium renovations.

There's some interesting stuff in that article, apparently Ross started thinking about selling the team when he couldn't get public money for the stadium renovations.
I wish he had sold.

The Dolphins didn't even exist until he was in college. To say he "grew up" a Dolphins fan is patently false...

Continuity only makes sense when they have success. Not many examples of coaches that were kept after three non winning seasons that have led to success. I'm sure if you keep any coach long enough u might make playoffs once.

I hear you, but it's not like Philbin is going 3-13 or 4-12......we always seem stuck on 7 to 9 wins....not great, but not horrible. It is what it is, but I think the talent is finally here on both sides of the ball for us to be a real contender.

I wish he had sold.

Right. I mean he's such an awful owner. He's the type of owner that won't give his team and their fans a quality stadium to play in. He's the type of owner that refuses to spend on FA players, because he's too cheap. I mean he has his players practice and spend there days day in day out in a crappy work facility.

Some ppl are just freaking spoiled IMO!

Right. I mean he's such an awful owner. He's the type of owner that won't give his team and their fans a quality stadium to play in. He's the type of owner that refuses to spend on FA players, because he's too cheap. I mean he has his players practice and spend there days day in day out in a crappy work facility.

I will admit, I think he has improved as an owner this year. As much as it was a questionable love at the time, I think hiring a czar (even if it was Tannenbaum) to oversee football operations was the best thing he could have done. A lot of his problems as an owner stemmed from being absentee. Tannenbaum serves as his conduit into Davie and I think it makes the whole football operation a lot less rudderless as it was in the past.

I still think he is a goofball, but at least he is one who I can bear a little more now.

Spoiled six straight non winning seasons and counting, yea if that's spoiling I guess I should look up definition

8-8

You make it seem like were 3-13 and so far way from a playoff birth that everyone should be fired and the stadium should be blown in .smh

Yea let's fire everyone because we didn't go 14-2 guys ! Smh

he isn't giving the fans anything, that's the cost of doing business and he expects money to be contributed through tax payer money to fund his quite profitable business.
Im sure if an owner decides to not upgrade his stadium just like if a movie theater decides to not do renovations at some point people will not spend their money.

8-8

You make it seem like were 3-13 and so far way from a playoff birth that everyone should be fired and the stadium should be blown in .smh

Yea let's fire everyone because we didn't go 14-2 guys ! Smh

If we go 7-9 for six straight years does that signify good ownership lol.
Your example is idiotic no one is complaining about not going 14-2 Im complaining about not one winning season in his six years of ownership, there is a pretty big difference.
Sorry that you think they are the same things. So in your mind they are the same ok

I've got no problem with Ross. In my opinion, he is doing everything he can to make the Dolphins a winner.

His support for Philbin irritates some......but unfortunately/fortunately Ross believes that Philbin can get the job done and as long as that is the case, Philbin will be the head coach.

However, like a good manager (owner in this case), Ross is tearing down the obstacles for Philbin not being successful. You tear down enough of them, and then there is no excuse for a lack of results. I think that is where the 2015 Dolphins are and Philbin definitely needs to produce the results with this team or he will be gone.

I view Ross as a good owner and hope his enthusiasm for producing a winner in Miami doesn't change.

Back
Top Bottom