Ross a Fin fan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross a Fin fan

He only attended UF for a short time to allow him to get his grades up to transfer to Michigan. The only reason he graduated HS in Florida is because his father moved to the south Florida his freshman year of HS to help his grandfather running a hotel. The guy is from Detroit, he has not been a lifelong Dolphin Fan. The only reason he says he is one now is because he is making millions from an NFL franchise. I do not buy that this is the team he grew up loving. I think the only team he has an affinity for is Michigan.

The Dolphins didn't even exist until he was in college. To say he "grew up" a Dolphins fan is patently false...

I just wanted to write that. Maybe this is why this world is so screwed up. People take stuff like that face value without even thinking twice about it.

Ross was midd 20s when the Dophins were founded. He grew up in Michigan and NY and always lived in those areas. His companies were always headquartered in NYC. His main residence today is still NYC. The closest he ever got to the Dolphins was when he bought a house in Palm Beach County a few years back.

It also should be noted that he was a Jets fan since they play in NY/NJ and he actually tried to purchase the Jets in 2000 before Johnson got the gig. The Dolphins were definitely an investment only at the time when he purchased minor shares from Huizengah (stadium and franchise) and later took full control. I am not sure if he has a higher liking of the Dolphins now (from a fan point of view) than he did back then but I doubt that he is as engaged (from a fan point) as a fan should be otherwise he would have never made a game trade like the Dolphins/Jets rivalry. If you have to trade away a home game Houston or Baltimore should have been the games on a possible London schedule.

he isn't giving the fans anything, that's the cost of doing business and he expects money to be contributed through tax payer money to fund his quite profitable business.
Im sure if an owner decides to not upgrade his stadium just like if a movie theater decides to not do renovations at some point people will not spend their money.

Really? So now because he is a billionaire he has to go full throttle for the team he owns no matter what?

I understand most would think this to be a natural course of action, as do I, however, it is still his choice to do it or not. He most certainly could not have taken on the burden of pre-funding for the stadium. He most certainly didn't have to do as many things as he is doing to the stadium. He simply could have redone the bones of the stadium, slapped on some paint and said, there you go, renovated. He also doesn't have to approve his front office ppl to go full throttle in FA, and pay w/e it takes to get the players they want.

Again, some fans are simply spoiled!

Be honest, you simply hate him because his bank account is bigger than yours, and prob all of us posting here combined?

For me, I'm glad we have an owner that appears to be so willing to fund the team we all are supposed to love to root for.

Now his support for Philbin, well I don't like that! :)

Really? So now because he is a billionaire he has to go full throttle for the team he owns no matter what?

I understand most would think this to be a natural course of action, as do I, however, it is still his choice to do it or not. He most certainly could not have taken on the burden of pre-funding for the stadium. He most certainly didn't have to do as many things as he is doing to the stadium. He simply could have redone the bones of the stadium, slapped on some paint and said, there you go, renovated. He also doesn't have to approve his front office ppl to go full throttle in FA, and pay w/e it takes to get the players they want.

Again, some fans are simply spoiled!

Be honest, you simply hate him because his bank account is bigger than yours, and prob all of us posting here combined?

For me, I'm glad we have an owner that appears to be so willing to fund the team we all are supposed to love to root for.

Now his support for Philbin, well I don't like that! :)

There are richer people to hate lol. I don't like him as an owner because he continually keeps subpar people and extends them.
I don't hate anybody for being rich. If I want something I earn it, I don't have any of my needs not met. Are there things I would like to have, of course but I don't go around being pissed off at people that have more money. I dislike ross because of his ineptitude in hiring and deciding to retain coaches it's that simple.

There are richer people to hate lol. I don't like him as an owner because he continually keeps subpar people and extends them.
I don't hate anybody for being rich. If I want something I earn it, I don't have any of my needs not met. Are there things I would like to have, of course but I don't go around being pissed off at people that have more money. I dislike ross because of his ineptitude in hiring and deciding to retain coaches it's that simple.

If it didn't effect me, I wish you could understand just how spoiled you are when it comes NFL owners.

If it didn't effect me, I wish you could understand just how spoiled you are when it comes NFL owners.

Not many owners who are zero for six in his ownership seasons. Ross is nothing special as an owner and can't seem to let go of subpar employees, he'll he even extends them

Not many owners who are zero for six in his ownership seasons. Ross is nothing special as an owner and can't seem to let go of subpar employees, he'll he even extends them

And, what does that have to do with not appreciating the positives that he brings to the Miami Dolphins as an owner? No one is all good or all bad. Your myopic black and white opinion of Ross is a bit biased and unreasonable.

In many ways we are lucky to have him as an owner. If you can't admit that there's something wrong with you dude.

I wish he dumped Philbin. That still doesn't change the fact he is a very good owner in many other areas.

And, what does that have to do with not appreciating the positives that he brings to the Miami Dolphins as an owner? No one is all good or all bad. Your myopic black and white opinion of Ross is a bit biased and unreasonable.

In many ways we are lucky to have him as an owner. If you can't admit that there's something wrong with you dude.

I wish he dumped Philbin. That still doesn't change the fact he is a very good owner in many other areas.

Your right besides keeping crappy coaches and gms he is a decent owner but I only care about trying to win championships and competing for them. He rehired Sparano, Ireland and Philbin that shows me that winning is not his priority

there has never been any question

His "boyhood " team?

The team he "grew up" watching?

Ross was about 40 years old when the fins were born. Usually when your that age, you have already long before sworn allegiance to another team.

Any pics of Ross in fins gear since 1966? Pics of him hanging with finz players? Sky box ownership at either of the dolphins stadiums before ownership?

Now ask those questions about the Jets. Hell, all of Steves front office outside of Hickey are ex Jet execs!! Steve isnt surrounded by ex finz other than Marino who does nothing but talk to rookies.

The Miami Dolphins were a business deal for Ross. End of story. Not a good move for the owner talking about being a life long fan of his home state team who is our cheif rival.

Just not buying into the Ross/Finz life long love affair.

I'm glad others have clarified how ridiculous this is. Because I was really wondering how a 75 year old man grew up loving a 49 year old team. Some of you will swallow any ridiculous bull**** even if it defies the laws of time and space.

If Ross would be any fan other than Miami's, it's likely he would have been a Lions fan having spent his formative years in the Detroit area and then returning for his law degree at Michigan. However, he did graduate from N Miami Beach H.S. before the team was founded and then got his accounting degree at I believe U of FL, so there is a home town connection through those early years to Florida/So Florida. Bottom Line: it's all speculation but it's sure as likely he could have been a lifelong (as in Fins life) fan as a native fan of any other team.

Not sure I would believe anything ross says. I don't care just build a winner.

Back
Top Bottom