Ross Crippled Our Squad! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross Crippled Our Squad!

I'm not saying it's all Grier. I am saying Flores made more out of a roster of throwaways then most coaches would. I am also saying the narrative we are hearing from the Dolphins is just Grier's side of things not that Flores isn't here to give his side. Time will tell for sure whether Ross was right to let go of Flores, but he is the number 1 candidate now for everyone else looking for an HC, which should tell you something. Also, if Flores was the problem, why does Grier skate free? He was Grier's personal hire. Again, this is a botched firing and will be a botched hiring when they select a new guy.
You have proof of this? All I've heard is some teams have interest.

A lot of Fin fans were upset and befuddled Monday morning after the firing. But after a couple cups of coffee and a,red bull or 2 they realized it was the right thing to do going forward.
Yep I was befuddled, Christmas came 50 weeks early this year. And I didn’t have time to get presents for anyone.

You have proof of this? All I've heard is some teams have interest.
I heard from my source this morning while reading the newspaper. That the Jets had some interest, but thought that they where already doing a good job at destroying Wilson career.

Flo is a hot coaching candidate right now. He's is on a few teams short list. I heard the Bears and Denver we interested in him but who knows what to believe with all the smoke that agents put out there. Hell, Gase got another job instantly. But, the Jets quickly found out he's a petulant little a-hole with a VERY fragile ego. I respect what Flores did with a diminished roster but he never showed any ability on the offensive side of the ball. He was a disloyal jerk to anyone fool enough to follow him. That reputation will follow him and he'll have a tough time building and keeping his staff. He also seems to have a massive ego problem but he hid it behind closed doors. Look at the assistants he went through on offense. Not a good sign going forward but he's not our problem any more. I just wish I could say the same thing about Grier!! Ross should have done it right and fired both men. That mistake will cost this team dearly I fear!

Fans forget that each coaching candidate has been in the league for years making millions of dollars per year, and are currently employed and making millions. These candidates have the luxury of waiting for the ideal situation, they don't have to accept any old job that comes their way. The Dolphins typically hire what appears to be the second or even third option in their search. Premier candidates go to solid situations with optimal chances of quick success. Miami is not that organization. For proof, the same people that believe the Dolphins are a great landing spot are the ones who believe Flores can't assemble a staff because of his personality. They are contradicting themselves.

Truth is, teams that consistently turn over coaches never succeed. You find a coach that can maximize the effort given by his team and do good things with underwhelming talent and you stick with them. Flores proved he could do just that , but he was a first time coach. The assembly of the right staff would always involve trial and error, as would in game management and game prep. That said, Flores took over more and more responsibility of the team as the season went on and that is when we started winning. So now the Dolphins, rather than having patience with what is clearly a young and developing HC in Flores, have fired him due to personality conflicts and have retained a GM that has never been successful in his entire tenure.

Could Ross strike gold with a new candidate? Maybe, but his track record before Flores says otherwise. Just as likely we hire another first time guy and lose patience with him before he can be successful, too. It's funny, we believe QB's need three seasons or more to develop, but first time HC's should be seasoned models of coaching perfection right away. I am curious what will happen on this board when the new head coach makes finding a new QB his top priority and let's Tua walk.
Exactly Volk, how many times have we heard about players/coaches/GMs, not even accepting invitations or interviews with Miami? Miami usually can't even get their top choices in the building. And can you blame them? Miami is constantly turning at the 3 spots you need to be stable at (HC, GM, QB) for any legit candidates to want to even be interested in. Miami has been striking out at all 3 since 2000.

Back
Top Bottom