Ross Crippled Our Squad! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross Crippled Our Squad!

My thinking is I liked Flores. He's no longer a Fin so fuk him.

Gere is still here so good for him. If he gets fired screw him too.

Coaches and players can come and go but it's all about the team to me.
This is absolutely the spot on position to take for me.

I loved Flo and still do and wish he lands somewhere as a HC but outside of that the reality is this:

The king is dead, long live the king.

Ultimately the team and the club come first

Here’s the thing: there are only 32 of them in the works, job pays bundle, Florida is gorgeous and tax free, history, become a god if you turn it around.
Lol if it was that easy Miami would have all the top candidates easily. What a weak comment, why is the sunshine and tax free environment not drawing any legit candidates to Miami since 2000? Because the job environment is dysfunctional! The taxes and sunshine and it’s only one of 32 only works for the mediocre candidates that are just happy to be there but aren’t right for the job, as the higher quality candidates have higher standards than ooh no taxes and at least it’s warm. Lol what a joke.

All high hopes we had for next season under a Flores lead team, have been dashed by Ross' stupid firing of Fores. What a bonehead move. Stupid!
What hopes? Hopes for another slow start, and then either playing catch up the rest of the season, or having a mid-season firing?

I have to agree with this, and I loved Flores as a coach. We got a solid core of players, and got a few stars to build off of. But Flores was severely lacking in his ability to build an offense (players and coaches). If we can improve that, I think we can be a much better team.
In todays NFL, with all the rule changes for defensive players, you will never be a great team without your offense being high caliber. Flores built us a good defense but that should not have been the priority. It should have been the offense. Again, Flores did very well with the talent he had and I think he will eventually be a great coach. I think he just burned to many bridges according to the rumors.

Flores came here. He got himself fired with his stubborn ways and he showed zero loyalty to veteran players and assistant coaches. In other words, anyone that would question his brilliant decisions. Many of his decisions were awful especially on the offensive side of the ball. How do you draft a QB at #5 and do so little to build an offensive unit around him. That is reason enough to be canned because that failure is on him. He needed to draft a blue chip RB and he simply refused. He's all in on RB by committee which doesn't work unless Tom Brady is your QB. As a result our O was fatally hamstrung from day one because of this coach and his Bill Belichick bull crap. He wore out his welcome in Miami similar to Gase and just like Gase some desperate team will swoop in and sign Flores thinking their savior has arrived, they'll find out just like the Jet's did. IMO Flores ended up looking like a tiny little man with a very fragile ego who happens to also treat people like garbage. What has he ever accomplished on his own that gives him the right to be a jerk to people? Nada!

Now to our esteemed owner. Just 1 question. Why on earth can't you one time do it right and clean house of these failures once and for all? It's always half measures and they don't work. You can't force relationships because sooner or later they blow up. He should be looking for a GM now instead of a coach. We should be bringing in Louis Riddick as the new GM. Let Riddick conduct a comprehensive coaching search and go from there. That would be how to really build a winner long term but this nitwit never does that. I hope Harbaugh is waiting in the wings. We could really use him now or some dynamic coach to take this talented roster ( at least on defense) and get this team rolling in the right direction to compete for championships. This is a massive hire and we better get it right!!

Lol if it was that easy Miami would have all the top candidates easily. What a weak comment, why is the sunshine and tax free environment not drawing any legit candidates to Miami since 2000? Because the job environment is dysfunctional! The taxes and sunshine and it’s only one of 32 only works for the mediocre candidates that are just happy to be there but aren’t right for the job, as the higher quality candidates have higher standards than ooh no taxes and at least it’s warm. Lol what a joke.
Fans forget that each coaching candidate has been in the league for years making millions of dollars per year, and are currently employed and making millions. These candidates have the luxury of waiting for the ideal situation, they don't have to accept any old job that comes their way. The Dolphins typically hire what appears to be the second or even third option in their search. Premier candidates go to solid situations with optimal chances of quick success. Miami is not that organization. For proof, the same people that believe the Dolphins are a great landing spot are the ones who believe Flores can't assemble a staff because of his personality. They are contradicting themselves.

Truth is, teams that consistently turn over coaches never succeed. You find a coach that can maximize the effort given by his team and do good things with underwhelming talent and you stick with them. Flores proved he could do just that , but he was a first time coach. The assembly of the right staff would always involve trial and error, as would in game management and game prep. That said, Flores took over more and more responsibility of the team as the season went on and that is when we started winning. So now the Dolphins, rather than having patience with what is clearly a young and developing HC in Flores, have fired him due to personality conflicts and have retained a GM that has never been successful in his entire tenure.

Could Ross strike gold with a new candidate? Maybe, but his track record before Flores says otherwise. Just as likely we hire another first time guy and lose patience with him before he can be successful, too. It's funny, we believe QB's need three seasons or more to develop, but first time HC's should be seasoned models of coaching perfection right away. I am curious what will happen on this board when the new head coach makes finding a new QB his top priority and let's Tua walk.

Flores came here. He got himself fired with his stubborn ways and he showed zero loyalty to veteran players and assistant coaches. In other words, anyone that would question his brilliant decisions. Many of his decisions were awful especially on the offensive side of the ball. How do you draft a QB at #5 and do so little to build an offensive unit around him. That is reason enough to be canned because that failure is on him. He needed to draft a blue chip RB and he simply refused. He's all in on RB by committee which doesn't work unless Tom Brady is your QB. As a result our O was fatally hamstrung from day one because of this coach and his Bill Belichick bull crap. He wore out his welcome in Miami similar to Gase and just like Gase some desperate team will swoop in and sign Flores thinking their savior has arrived, they'll find out just like the Jet's did. IMO Flores ended up looking like a tiny little man with a very fragile ego who happens to also treat people like garbage. What has he ever accomplished on his own that gives him the right to be a jerk to people? Nada!

Now to our esteemed owner. Just 1 question. Why on earth can't you one time do it right and clean house of these failures once and for all? It's always half measures and they don't work. You can't force relationships because sooner or later they blow up. He should be looking for a GM now instead of a coach. We should be bringing in Louis Riddick as the new GM. Let Riddick conduct a comprehensive coaching search and go from there. That would be how to really build a winner long term but this nitwit never does that. I hope Harbaugh is waiting in the wings. We could really use him now or some dynamic coach to take this talented roster ( at least on defense) and get this team rolling in the right direction to compete for championships. This is a massive hire and we better get it right!!
Do you have sources for this, or are you just assuming Flores ran the draft? Last I checked, GM's make personnel decisions. What talent was Flores given on the line? What talent did Grier provide at RB? Maybe Flores was abrasive with Grier because he asked those things to be addressed and Grier refused. You are assuming it was Flores' fault instead of Grier's simply because Flo got fired. Maybe Flo was hard to deal with because he wasn't getting results and his staff didn't have any answers? All you are doing is speculating. I think Flores can coach, and the next location he is hired at will show we made a mistake in letting him go while keeping Grier.

Do you have sources for this, or are you just assuming Flores ran the draft? Last I checked, GM's make personnel decisions. What talent was Flores given on the line? What talent did Grier provide at RB? Maybe Flores was abrasive with Grier because he asked those things to be addressed and Grier refused. You are assuming it was Flores' fault instead of Grier's simply because Flo got fired. Maybe Flo was hard to deal with because he wasn't getting results and his staff didn't have any answers? All you are doing is speculating. I think Flores can coach, and the next location he is hired at will show we made a mistake in letting him go while keeping Grier.
Yes a lot of sources indicating Flores was 100% in on everyone drafted.

What’s strange about this is that Grier — who likes to avoid conflict — basically gave Flores everything he wanted. There wasn’t a single player on the roster that Flores didn’t sign off on. And yet Grier’s deference still wasn’t enough to appease Flores or sooth tensions between the two. As one Dolphins person said, people need to stop blaming Grier entirely for the personnel moves that didn’t work out the past three years and blame them both equally. And both deserve credit for the ones that worked out.

What coaching did Flores give Grier on the offensive line players he drafted if you're going to say that draft choices were all Grier (they weren't)?

Yes a lot of sources indicating Flores was 100% in on everyone drafted.

Your source points out that they both deserve equal credit AND blame. It says Grier was a yes man for Flores, so why is he still here? Not sure how much of this is fact, but if that is all Grier does, there wouldn't be conflict. It doesn't make any sense. Again, this would be major dysfunction at the GM and ownership level.

I don't understand all this doom and gloom speak regarding Flo's firing.

Flores was spinning his wheels with this offense and it wasn't getting any better folks.
To me we basically save a year from the inevitable as I did not see the offense going anywhere with the staff he had put together.

His behavior with Tua, Grier and others may have tipped things over for him, but I think this season and how his coaching cost us games was the bigger picture.
If we made the playoffs I believe he would have gotten another year but that was not the case.

We have players that I believe with the right staff will be a lot better.

At this point Grier needs to bring in the right coach or he's next.

I totally agree that Grier should have been let go as well. I think from watching the draft it was Flo and Grier joined at the hip. I'm actually concerned that the great picks from the 21 draft were made by Flo. We've seen Grier's drafts!! I think Flo was the brains behind Holland and Phillips but as you say I am speculating but I am gifted with a vast intellect!! Obviously kidding about the vast intellect!! The optics of the draft room were the picks were being made by the GM and the Coach. That's how I saw it. Flores didn't run the draft but knowing the kind of alpha maniac that he is do you really think he would be dictated to by a lackey like Grier. Never in a million years. Remember when Flo jumped up and down after the Raekwon Davis selection? That was his guy!! I also think Flores can coach but not offense.

What coaching did Flores give Grier on the offensive line players he drafted if you're going to say that draft choices were all Grier (they weren't)?
I'm not saying it's all Grier. I am saying Flores made more out of a roster of throwaways then most coaches would. I am also saying the narrative we are hearing from the Dolphins is just Grier's side of things not that Flores isn't here to give his side. Time will tell for sure whether Ross was right to let go of Flores, but he is the number 1 candidate now for everyone else looking for an HC, which should tell you something. Also, if Flores was the problem, why does Grier skate free? He was Grier's personal hire. Again, this is a botched firing and will be a botched hiring when they select a new guy.

I'm not saying it's all Grier. I am saying Flores made more out of a roster of throwaways then most coaches would. I am also saying the narrative we are hearing from the Dolphins is just Grier's side of things not that Flores isn't here to give his side. Time will tell for sure whether Ross was right to let go of Flores, but he is the number 1 candidate now for everyone else looking for an HC, which should tell you something. Also, if Flores was the problem, why does Grier skate free? He was Grier's personal hire. Again, this is a botched firing and will be a botched hiring when they select a new guy.
Do you have an actual argument for why Flores is a good "head coach" as opposed to being a good "defensive coordinator"?

People love to say that Flores is a good coach, but 2 out of 3 phases of our team ****ing sucked.

Back
Top Bottom