Ross gets it, So should you | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross gets it, So should you

TeeMoney

Kid A
Club Member
Reaction score

I know, I know... he's the owner, he represents a target for you to hurl your pent up frustrations and mommy or daddy issues. Yet, he is right. The only proper way to rebuild, is to stick to the build.

I really don't understand the outrage at all... All off-season the only talk around here was that we were "tanking" and this year would be painful yet worthwhile. We came out and didn't look good week one and people act surprised lmao...

If ever an example to illustrate we now live in an outrage obsessed society. People know exactly what's coming, it's the entire narrative local and national for 6 months leading up to the season, and yet here we are today. Wow just wow is what comes to my mind lately.

How long has Ross been the owner here now? I'll answer myself...Became part owner in 2008.
2008 - 2019 ...By my math that 11 years or seasons if you wish to put it that way.

Now what is a reasonable time frame for a owner to take a neglected franchise and turn it around? 20 years? 30 Years? Longer??
Lets not pretend Ross has been great for the Dolphins because its has really only got worse since he took over for Block-Buster in 2008. Is he finally getting it right? We will see around 2030 I guess.

I do give him credit for this though...maybe he does indeed finally get it
Ross: “The goal isn’t to try to patch some holes to go 9-7 and make the playoffs. I want to compete for and win Super Bowls. We took an objective look at our situation at the end of last year and realized that we were a long way away from where we need to be. Our roster, salary-cap situation, everything. We’ve won 72 games in 10 years and that’s just not good enough. I take responsibility for that, and as I said back in March, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. The moves that have been made were all made in the best interest in trying to build a championship organization.”

Last edited:
He says what most wanted rebuild the sucker but then a loss brings forum meltdown.

Unreal.
While I agreed that a complete rebuild is necessary after nearly 2 decades of mediocrity. My issue with Ross is that the rebuild is being conducted by a GM who has been part of the problem for the the past 20 years. Just because Ross finally realized that he needed to blow it up doesn’t mean he selected the right GM to put it back together.

Ross should have started with hiring a GM who had a record of building a successful football team. There is nothing Grier has done in his 20 years with the Dolphins which shows that he is the right GM for this task.

While I agreed that a complete rebuild is necessary after nearly 2 decades of mediocrity. My issue with Ross is that the rebuild is being conducted by a GM who has been part of the problem for the the past 20 years. Just because Ross finally realized that he needed to blow it up doesn’t mean he selected the right GM to put it back together.

Ross should have started with hiring a GM who had a record of building a successful football team. There is nothing Grier has done in his 20 years with the Dolphins which shows that he is the right GM for this task.
So tired of reading this. Give it a chance Grier isn't going anywhere right now besides Allen and McKenzie are great assets.

Back
Top Bottom