Ross gets it, So should you | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross gets it, So should you

If ever an example to illustrate we now live in an outrage obsessed society.

This is truth. The more extreme and obscene the outrage the more clicks/likes/favorites others give. People don't know how to handle their own frustrations in life and vomit it on social media (messageboards and the like). Another thing, people get participation trophies for everything and it pains them deep in their psyche for their team that they identify with to not get a trophy. They got a trophy for reciting bible verses, for sitting on the bench, for mommy driving them to tae-kwon-do (they probably even got a blue belt just for showing up). Where's their Dolphins trophy? Welcome to the real world buttercup.

I am not sour at all with Ross to be honest. He has tried to win and has done everything his football people have asked of him.

2008 they took the LT over the QB

2013 they set themselves up perfectly and had the worst Dolphins draft/FA this millennium (which is truly saying something)

But ultimately his biggest mistake was allowing Mike Tannenbaum to come in and patch up a roster and place it in salary cap hell, trading away draft assets, just to attempt to be a low level playoff team that loses on wildcard weekend on the road.

Ross finally seems to get it and we have a respected personnel guy as the GM who finally has full accountability and a Belicheck disciple that has the full backing of everybody for running this team.

It will be painful in 2019 and if social media memes bother you, you might want to stay away, but you can't seriously believe we are anywhere close, even had we kept Tunsil and grabbed a Trey Flowers and kept Juwan James, etc . . This was still a low level playoff team at best . . . And Ross is tired of it

And we should be as well.

So tired of reading this. Give it a chance Grier isn't going anywhere right now besides Allen and McKenzie are great assets.
Sorry you are tired of reading complains about Grier. Yet as I stated, he has been part of the problem for the past 20 years and he should NEVER have been retained once Ross decided to completely blow up the roster. Ross has shown over his time as the teams owner that he has no clue with it comes to hiring the right men to turn around this team. So why would anyone believe that he made the right decision in giving Grier the power to manage this rebuild.

The fact Grier isn’t going anywhere right now merely means that the Dolphins will likely just have to wait until Ross hires another GM in a year or two to actually start a legitimate rebuilding job, IMO. Of course the best solution would be for Ross to sell the team to an owner who might actually have a clue, but of course that is probably too much to ask for.

I am not sour at all with Ross to be honest. He has tried to win and has done everything his football people have asked of him.

2013 they set themselves up perfectly and had the worst Dolphins draft/FA this millennium (which is truly saying something)

But ultimately his biggest mistake was allowing Mike Tannenbaum to come in and patch up a roster and place it in salary cap hell, trading away draft assets, just to attempt to be a low level playoff team that loses on wildcard weekend on the road.

Ross finally seems to get it and we have a respected personnel guy as the GM who finally has full accountability and a Belicheck disciple that has the full backing of everybody for running this team.

It will be painful in 2019 and if social media memes bother you, you might want to stay away, but you can't seriously believe we are anywhere close, even had we kept Tunsil and grabbed a Trey Flowers and kept Juwan James, etc . . This was still a low level playoff team at best . . . And Ross is tired of it

If anything he’s just given the wrong people the keys to the kingdom.

How many all most 80 year olds would hit the reset button? Not many

“The goal isn’t to try to patch some holes to go 9-7 and make the playoffs. I want to compete for and win Super Bowls. "

"The moves that have been made were all made in the best interest in trying to build a championship organization.”

"Those guys that put the team first and want to be a part of building something special together, we want them here a long time and will want to reward them for that.”

“We have tremendous fans and to them I say thank you. We said it wouldn’t be easy, but it was something we are committed to and believe it’s the only way we can build a team to win continually. Nothing great in life was ever achieved easily. There are no shortcuts or magic formulas. "

:hclap::chuckle:

But, but, but Griers been here 20 years.........never in charge of anything but he was here.

There's going to be a lot of whining and crying today.
It's clear for anyone willing to step back from emotion-ville and truly assess things that this course is the best.
It's clear that the owner gets it and GM and HC get's it.

I don't know if it's going to work in the end. But, i do know, it gives us more of a chance of being relevant. The insanity of patching every single season and hoping something different happens is getting steal.

I'm still boggled how some try and say he's a bad owner. They guy from my perspective does everything and gives everything his people ask of him.

Sorry you are tired of reading complains about Grier. Yet as I stated, he has been part of the problem for the past 20 years and he should NEVER have been retained once Ross decided to completely blow up the roster. Ross has shown over his time as the teams owner that he has no clue with it comes to hiring the right men to turn around this team. So why would anyone believe that he made the right decision in giving Grier the power to manage this rebuild.

The fact Grier isn’t going anywhere right now merely means that the Dolphins will likely just have to wait until Ross hires another GM in a year or two to actually start a legitimate rebuilding job, IMO. Of course the best solution would be for Ross to sell the team to an owner who might actually have a clue, but of course that is probably too much to ask for.

Tannenbaum was the big mistake but Ross showed his desperation and thought he had the QB on the team and wanted somebody who can finish the team off for a Super Bowl shot, but once the QB went down twice, it derailed everything and Tannenbaum was never gonna be down for starting over and continued selling the snake oil while destroying the cap/foundation of this team.

I can't be mad with him going with Parcells and even Ireland. Ireland's war chest occured during the worst draft/FA in recent memory and he just whiffed all over.

Grier will have an even better setup and this draft is just loaded, including at QB. While I am not a Grier loyalist, I also think he can be a solid GM without the other higher titled guys in the room pulling the strings. He has handled himself well this off-season.

Yawn

Back
Top Bottom