Ross is back! Now we can start winning! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross is back! Now we can start winning!

Not for me - LOL
Getting people to say nice things about me is easy.
Making lots of money is harder - LOL

That's because you care about people.

Its very easy to be a slum lord. I just can't bring myself to do it. I am currently renting a single family home to a single mother and her child for about 40% ($1200) less than the going rate ($2000) for rent around my area. This lady happens to be a waitress and she paid he last months rent with mostly 10's, 5's and 1's. It was tough for me to take that money thinking this was all she had left for the week. Which was an easy conclusion to draw given how many singles she used to come up with the $1200.

For all I know she has a ton of money in the bank and I'm the moron for giving her a deal on the rent.

But I sleep well at night knowing who I am as an individual.

exc.gif

ZERO playoff wins during his tenure. Countless embarrassments and scandals. The cringey orange carpet and nightclub and partnerships with B-list celebrities. Ross is trash as an owner. The sooner he sells the team the better.

Its very easy to be a slum lord. I just can't bring myself to do it. I am currently renting a single family home to a single mother and her child for about 40% ($1200) less than the going rate ($2000) for rent around my area. This lady happens to be a waitress and she paid he last months rent with mostly 10's, 5's and 1's. It was tough for me to take that money thinking this was all she had left for the week. Which was an easy conclusion to draw given how many singles she used to come up with the $1200.

For all I know she has a ton of money in the bank and I'm the moron for giving her a deal on the rent.

Yes - just Yes.

The world is a big place but most of us live in neighborhoods and "reap what we sow".

I have seen how some very prominent people enjoy life by "jet setting around the world" while other very prominent people tend to stay put in an area of their choice home location for the rest of their lives - barring vacations.

I suspect the happiest of those two groups are the ones who find a place and stay put. They probably have more real friends and don't need as much "publicity" to be happy.

Money's good stuff, but I understand you can't take it with you - so I've spent mine on what makes me happy - the location I live in which is a 2-hour drive from the beaches which I find interesting and a 1.5-hour drive from the mountains which I love - as long as the roads are clear. I live in the piedmont which is the forested base of the mountains and is rich in streams, forests, cultivated farmland and cities - to me the best mix of everything.

My homes have always been small to medium sized 3-bedroom single-story houses with the really important things, indoor plumbing (2 hole'rs - LOL) heating, air conditioning, running water, electricity, gas, city sewage & garbage pickup, nice views, paved sidewalks, walking distance to basic shopping, lots of neighbors with dogs (I'm a dog lover), readily available doctors & hospitals; places of worship for my wife and myself (different religions) and several local shooting ranges that support my hobby of target shooting.

Then there is Fin Heaven with other Fans and "Lemming"-enemies to share my "wisdom" & "snarkiness" with.

I would be remiss not to mention that. - LOL

The problem with professional sports is there is too much money being thrown around.

The NFL was better when they made average salaries and most worked second jobs in the off-season.

15 wins in the AFC East second only to NFC East with 17 wins. Push for realignment Stephen Ross, this shouldn't be our division.

Back
Top Bottom