Ross is the problem | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross is the problem

Do not bring politics into this discussion guys

And? He's the owner. If you don't like him as the owner there are 31 other teams out there. It doesn't matter if you like it or not. He is the owner. Our thoughts are irrelevant.

what GIF
Look man, I’ll agree to disagree with you- I’m just analyzing the current situation, that’s my point… I’m frustrated cause this has been my team for over thirty years, and as a fan I want to see a competitive team- I’m not changing teams- you don’t like what I have to say them don’t reply…

Look man, I’ll agree to disagree with you- I’m just analyzing the current situation, that’s my point… I’m frustrated cause this has been my team for over thirty years, and as a fan I want to see a competitive team- I’m not changing teams- you don’t like what I have to say them don’t reply…
I hear you. We all have the same frustration. There isn't anyone on here that is thinking this has gone swimmingly. But I can name many owners worse and WAY cheaper than Ross.

....As I have gotten older, I have come to realize that football is another form of entertainment and I do not live or die by what happens on the field. The only control over it I have is whether I watch the game or have other, more important obligations to tend to. Life is too short to waste energy on nonsense.

Agree. The NFL gets less entertaining as the yrs go by.

I hear you. We all have the same frustration. There isn't anyone on here that is thinking this has gone swimmingly. But I can name many owners worse and WAY cheaper than Ross.
For sure… I would respectfully disagree that there isn’t a worse owner in my opinion, but I am a pretty jaded fan at this point

Its really hard to not only find one of the 32 people best qualified to be general manager but also find someone who is in the upper echelon of those GMs.

Its quite possible that any given time there is noone to hire actually better than the 32 currently employed and even if someone better is lurking its not like its always obvious who that is.
There have been many excellent GM’s hired around the league over the past 12 years. Ross has gone through two head of football operations and three GM’s during those twelve years and still hasn’t found the one who had turned the team into a consistent winner.

While I will admit that finding that one great GM isn’t easy. As the owner of the Dolphins, it is his responsibility to do whatever is necessary to find the right person for that job.

Joe Robbie was an attorney from Minnesota when he purchased the Dolphins and he had no background in football. Yet he was able to hire the best HC in the game within 4 years of buying the team and he consistently hired some of the best GM’s in the league over the years he was majority owner of the Dolphins.

There have been many excellent GM’s hired around the league over the past 12 years. Ross has gone through two head of football operations and three GM’s during those twelve years and still hasn’t found the one who had turned the team into a consistent winner.

While I will admit that finding that one great GM isn’t easy. As the owner of the Dolphins, it is his responsibility to do whatever is necessary to find the right person for that job.

Joe Robbie was an attorney from Minnesota when he purchased the Dolphins and he had no background in football. Yet he was able to hire the best HC in the game within 4 years of buying the team and he consistently hired some of the best GM’s in the league over the years he was majority owner of the Dolphins.

Yes Robbie did that, but that coach was available to be had is kind of my point.

Let's say we fire Grier this year for example, if that top GM isn't available that specific year you aren't getting him.

Its like having the #1 pick in the draft. If Peyton Manning is coming out you just found a franchise QB. If its a JaMarcus Russell draft you have no chance to grab them.

I'm not disputing its his job to find the right people, im just pointing out those people aren't always readily available, it comes down to timing too.

Yes Robbie did that, but that coach was available to be had is kind of my point.

Let's say we fire Grier this year for example, if that top GM isn't available that specific year you aren't getting him.

Its like having the #1 pick in the draft. If Peyton Manning is coming out you just found a franchise QB. If its a JaMarcus Russell draft you have no chance to grab them.

I'm not disputing its his job to find the right people, im just pointing out those people aren't always readily available, it comes down to timing too.
Actually Shula wasn’t easy to get. He was still under contract to the Colts and the Dolphins had to give up a first round draft pick to get him from the Colts.

No other owner did that to get Shula away from the Colts. Robbie was also smart enough to hire Joe Thomas as the teams GM before Shula arrived and it was the players Thomas drafted and signed as free agents which were the players Shula turned into the best team in the league over a three year period.

If Ross wants the best, he has to think outside the box like Robbie did and make it happen.

Last edited:
Actually Shula wasn’t easy to get. He was still under contract to the Colts and the Dolphins had to give up a first round draft pick to get him from the Colts.

No other owner did that to get Shula away from the Colts. Robbie was also smart enough to hire Joe Thomas as the teams GM before Shula arrived and it was the players Thomas drafted and signed as free agents which were the players Shula turned into the best team in the league over a three year period.

If Ross wants the best, he has to think outside the box like Robbie did and make it happen.

When I said available I meant to be gotten, not necessarily that it was easy. I respect the effort it took to get him here.

Most teams won't just trade you a head coach these days though. When was the last time that even happened? Gruden think?

Back
Top Bottom