Ross: Sparano is the right coach and staying the course is right move | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross: Sparano is the right coach and staying the course is right move

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/03/2437199/miami-dolphins-owner-stephen-ross.html

Ross, appearing on the team-owned Finsiders radio show on WINZ-940, said, “Everybody involved with this team – the players, the coaches, are disappointed to be 0-4. We have to stay together and really get behind our coach. I believe Tony is the right coach. All the games we’ve played have been very close, could have gone either way. But when you see the team practicing and playing as hard as they can, I think that’s a good sign.”

Ross said he is “hopeful” the team will turn around its season.

“You read in the press, everybody talks about changes and that would change things around,” he said. “I really believe that any football team, if you look at the winning teams, they are consistent and they stay the course. You go through rough periods. I think we have a lot of talent.

I seriously hope he doesnt believe Sparano is the "right" coach at this point... I hope this is just lip service. I support his decision not to can Sparano midseason, but I sincerely hope he is ready to make a change at the end of the season.

Ross is doing the right thing
firing tony tomorrow only makes him look like an owner a coach cant trust.
ALso adds more to the conspiracy theory of Ross going all in for luck..

I agree. We stay the course to 1-16. You start something you finish it. Then we get Luck a new coach and regime!!

That is the stance taken for the public, then there is the private stance taken behind closed doors.
What HC would want to work for Ross if he sees Ross eviscerating his current coach publicly before he fires him.

tanslation = i dont want to motivate this team with a new HC and screw up my offseason chances of Luck and a real HC.

Stay the course for 12 more games then a major course alteration for next year.

tanslation = i dont want to motivate this team with a new HC and screw up my offseason chances of Luck and a real HC.

Exactly! At the end of this season he is going to blow up this entire coaching staff and roster. Fire Sale!

nuclear1-1.jpg

I hope this makes Tony's wife happier.

I think the key point of his interview is not the stuff about Sparano. He kept saying over and over that "this team has talent". In my opinion this is a strong endorsement for Jeff Ireland and gives a good view of his job status. If the team doesn't win it is Sparano's fault and not the fault of Jeff, I believe Ross is saying.

I think the key point of his interview is not the stuff about Sparano. He kept saying over and over that "this team has talent". In my opinion this is a strong endorsement for Jeff Ireland and gives a good view of his job status. If the team doesn't win it is Sparano's fault and not the fault of Jeff, I believe Ross is saying.

That was exactly my interpretation. Sparano is gone, I don't think Ireland is.

Back
Top Bottom