Ross: Sparano is the right coach and staying the course is right move | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross: Sparano is the right coach and staying the course is right move

I'm fine with not getting rid of Sparano, but what about Jeff Ireland? It's his fault the coaching staff lacks the talent to make a winning ballclub. If he's around AND we get tue first pick, he'll pass on Luck for a RT (not that RT shouldn't be our next pickup after Luck). Ireland doesn't go after any big-name free agents. We could have had Atogwe and Sanatana Moss. I be he wouldn't even make the call to Dwayne Bowe this offseason...

It's the proverbial "kiss of death."

clear.gif

Won't be long now.

Hopefully Ross is doing just that...Letting things play out this season, and fire Fist pump for field goals and Ireland, right after the last game vs the Jets.

Well well owner Stephen Ross has come out and said he supports TS and he remains the right coach. .

surely then this is the kiss of death. . no?

'I am very disappointed, to put it mildly,' Ross said in an interview on the Dolphins' flagship radio station, WINZ-AM.

'But I think that we have to stay together and really get behind our coach. I believe that Tony is the right coach. I think all the games we have played have been really close. We could have gone either way. When you see the team practicing and playing as hard as they can, I think that's a good sign, but certainly, we have to see better results.'
'Everybody talks about changes, and that they would change things around,' Ross said. 'If you look at the winning teams, they're consistent and stay the course. You go through rough periods. I think we have a lot of talent.

'I think most important of the players really believe in Tony. As long as the players believe in Tony and they're playing hard for him, and with the talent we have, we are going to win our share of ballgames.'

Sparano does remain popular with his players, who have blamed themselves for the sorry state of the season. While there will apparently be no coaching switch this week, shake-ups elsewhere are likely before Miami's next game Oct. 17 against the New York Jets

The thing is . . the players are all saying they back Sparano. . do they . . really or is this the political posturing we see week in week out from interviews. . who is really going to stand out while on the pay roll and say, ' our coach stinks'. that would be suicide!

Ross cant publicly denounce TS otherwise you lose all credibility. . not that Ross has much in my view after the Harbaugh fiacso back in January. . the confidence does not just have to be owned by Sparano and Ireland but also Ross. . does anyone have confidence in him as an owner?

Parcells left this franchise early and in a mess. . Ireland does not seem to be shouldering any blame and was with Ross the whole way in trying to secure Harbaugh. . neither of these men can be trusted. . but the way they treat Sparano now is an indication of how the next coach, and there will be one either before week 17 or shortly after, will be treated.. TS should NEVER have come back after January for his own self worth and pride he should have walked. .

Im so angry at the ineptitude and shady dealings and lies, lies and more damn lies that I really dont expect us to even get one win this season based on current performance and confidence.

Ross is smiling through his teeth while slowly plunging in the knife behind the back of Sparano who is handicapped by Ireland and the mess 'the Tuna' left behind. .along with Sparano honestly being in over his head. . I said last season he was in over his head. I still believe it to be so.

I dont really think he has the locker room, I dont believe Ross has confidence in him and I dont think Ireland is being man enough to admit liability either. . between the 3 of them this franchise looks like being in the toilet for at least another 5 years!!!

I think the key point of his interview is not the stuff about Sparano. He kept saying over and over that "this team has talent". In my opinion this is a strong endorsement for Jeff Ireland and gives a good view of his job status. If the team doesn't win it is Sparano's fault and not the fault of Jeff, I believe Ross is saying.

Which is very disturbing. Because this team doesn't have the talent. Many here have overrated that talent, and the 0-4 is not just bad luck, but the showing of a real lack of talent. Jeff Ireland is going to survive, and I think pick the next head coach. We have years of horribleness awaiting us if this come to fruition.

Ross is doing the right thing
firing tony tomorrow only makes him look like an owner a coach cant trust.
ALso adds more to the conspiracy theory of Ross going all in for luck..

If Ross had done "the right thing", he would have fired Sparano last January before his abortive HC hunting expedition. It was not only a classless move, it practically guaranteed that Sparano wouldn't be successful this season as everyone and his brother knew that Sparano was a lame duck.

If Ross had done "the right thing", he would have fired Sparano last January before his abortive HC hunting expedition. It was not only a classless move, it practically guaranteed that Sparano wouldn't be successful this season as everyone and his brother knew that Sparano was a lame duck.

I don't know what the big deal is. This happens ALL the time. Knee jerk and sudden firings happen regularly and often in only one place I can think of, and that is Washington. And how is that working our for them? Ross, like every successful business man doesn't panic. Doesn't throw in the towel, doesn't wipe the slate clean before ensuring what he has doesn't work. They also make a **** load of money doing things people tell them won't work. That's the difference between billionaires and everyone else. Ross tried to get a hot shot big name in Harbaugh.. I don't blame him. But don't expect him to repeat mistakes by publicly flaming Sparano, the players and Ireland. He's done what every good owner SHOULD do. Say nothing, and don't reveal your cards.

I for one am happy Ross has come out and said something (to appease the media, and fans), I am more impressed the didn't create another drama situation. Unless of course the media (which they are already trying very hard to do) spin it into something.

People need to understand, Ross is playing with REAL money.. his money. I would do the the same thing in this present situation. It's easy to crap all over things when your money, or your job isn't on the line.

I don't know what the big deal is. This happens ALL the time. Knee jerk and sudden firings happen regularly and often in only one place I can think of, and that is Washington. And how is that working our for them? Ross, like every successful business man doesn't panic. Doesn't throw in the towel, doesn't wipe the slate clean before ensuring what he has doesn't work. They also make a **** load of money doing things people tell them won't work. That's the difference between billionaires and everyone else. Ross tried to get a hot shot big name in Harbaugh.. I don't blame him. But don't expect him to repeat mistakes by publicly flaming Sparano, the players and Ireland. He's done what every good owner SHOULD do. Say nothing, and don't reveal your cards.

I for one am happy Ross has come out and said something (to appease the media, and fans), I am more impressed the didn't create another drama situation. Unless of course the media (which they are already trying very hard to do) spin it into something.

People need to understand, Ross is playing with REAL money.. his money. I would do the the same thing in this present situation. It's easy to crap all over things when your money, or your job isn't on the line.

It is Ross' money. He pays everyone from the FO to the beer seller. And he will LOSE money if this is the direction he thinks is best. Ross wants nothing more than to pack the staium. Now he tells fans Sparano is the right choice? When he says this, he does know I hope, that ticket sales will vanish. He may be good at real estate, but he doent have to pack thousands of people into a property thats for sale. And with statements like this, he is smart enough to know he will lose money.

Ross is a genious.

Going after Harbough...great move

Vetoing the Orton trade...great move

Keep Tony...great move.

After a few screwups, Ross is learning how to be an owner.

Ross knows exactly what he's doing ... the players are quitting on Sparano, & he knows keeping Sparano around gives us the best chance at losing .... our owner supports SUCK FOR LUCK !

Ross is smart. He knows if we keep Tony rest of the season there is a good chance we'll blank the entire season and snag Luck. My theory anyway...because I think half the people on this board could do better at this point.

If this team has so much talent as Ross is saying over and over, do you know any team in the NFL that would trade their entire roster with the Dolphins?

IMO he is only saying that because he wants and will keep Ireland, bring in Carl Peterson and hire whomever wants to deal with this package as a Head Coach... SHM

:hsmash:

Ross can fire Tony and hire me if he wants. I'll make sure to get that #1 pick, and I'm sure the stadium would fill up to watch how one guy that's played madden a couple times can do in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom