****roster Critique***** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****roster Critique*****

saves said:
Washington's roster looks pretty good as well. The main weakness in my eyes is definatly the QB position, but there is good talent around Campbell

i really didnt think that QB was my weakness seeing as though i have 3 starters on m roster....A your kid in Cambell and I made Especial attention to giving him weapons to work with...Kitna is a great back-up and can be a starter and coming down to the end of the season Boller stepped it up, i think he can be a great back up as well

PhinSoldia said:
i really didnt think that QB was my weakness seeing as though i have 3 starters on m roster....A your kid in Cambell and I made Especial attention to giving him weapons to work with...Kitna is a great back-up and can be a starter and coming down to the end of the season Boller stepped it up, i think he can be a great back up as well

In my personal opinion I think Kitna was totally over rated that one year, and Boller is just an enigma, whos going to show up? The jury is out on Campbell, but as I said he has talent to work with.

PhinSoldia said:
Detroit Lions-first thing with the Lions are thier deffiency for recievers...I dont think Brees was worth the 6 mill a year with his shoulder in question...you needed a QB who can spread the field...you could have drafted Brodie and groomed him for next year... YOu dont have big play in the field and though you have balance..you will be depending on more of a WCO because of Drew's arm and based on your running...which is what your focus is going to be. Defensively i feel you can make stops and get your offense the ball....your team focuses on your line...both running and stoping the run...however i dont know if your pass-protections schemes will be enough against the high-powered offensive teams

In my defense, I feel like my WR corps changed but the overall talent level was upgraded. Roy Williams is the only good one I had, Rogers is a bust and Mike Williams is just too slow to cut it in the NFL. Through acquistions, I acquired a solid #1, a slight downgrade from RW, but I did also get a premier possesion reciever in Clayton. Parker has been a number 2 WR but he fits better in the slot. I traded RW for Brees b/c I think it is harder to find a franchise QB than a star WR. I also dont think that my DBs will have a problem. Just my 2 cents and give ya an idea of why I did what I did. Enjoy.

I think that Seattle's roster isn't much different from the team that won the NFC Championship...But it is about having the best team and he got a good team from the start...

The Bills have quietly done some damage, establishing a much improved roster. There is nice RB depth and QB position has been upgraded as well. I think with your WR corps, they will be boom or bust. They are all young and not quite established but if they "click" you will be golden. I feel that you could have used a veteran presence there. Your D Line will get good pressure and the CB will take alot of pressure at the weak safety spot. There is no established man playing centerfield. LB is a little weak but I like the Peterson addition, he is a solid pickup. Overall, I think you improved your team well. If anything else, you have potential to be dangerous in a few years.

banzaitrey said:
Just posted my Final Roster...Let me know where all I messed up on

I would post a depth chart so it is easier to evaluate. The starting lineup makes it tough to gauge the entire team.

REDSKINS- Youve got a dirty WR corps, lightning fast and explosive. The Moss brothers and Warrick will be a nice trio. Youve got some obvious RB depth, which will help as the season progresses. What I worry about it the lack of an established QB. Campbell has potential but is unproven, Boller is about as stable as a mental breakdown and Kitna is probably youre best bet, even though he is getting a little old. Vernon Davis will add a nice dimension to the offense with Richardson being able to pick up the blocking assignments. On D, youre starting CBs are nice but not much behind em. I like the Warren pickup to stop the run but your DLine will lack a solid pass rush. The LB corps are young and have alot of potential. The pickups could prove to be big and you still have consistency from last year in washington and marshall. OLine is average, IMO, nothing too special. With all of that said, youre team will be much less chaotic after getting rid of the troublesome players. Flashy Offense, but it might be like the Cheifs of a few years ago and have trouble stopping people.

I did post a depth chart...When i list all of my players and evaluations I have (2) or (3) beside them which is my depth chart...Sorry for the confusion...I forgot to put my team name on there which I just did...Raiders...Tell me what yall think

banzaitrey said:
I did post a depth chart...When i list all of my players and evaluations I have (2) or (3) beside them which is my depth chart...Sorry for the confusion...I forgot to put my team name on there which I just did...Raiders...Tell me what yall think

Yea, I just realized that. Sorry about the confusion, Im a little slow. As for your team, you had a tremendous draft. Williams, Whitner, etc. will be dangerous working together in the future. Whats weird about your roster though is that you have alot of old and really young players, not many guys inbetween to make the transition. I think youre greatest strength is your defensive backfield. Law and Rolle will be solid and the safeties add a nice combo of speed and power. What worries me is the suspect Oline, it is aging and seems a little inconsistent. It does however have nice depth and future potential. Favre at QB could be trouble and Holmes at RB too but you are prepared for the future with Walter and Addai. Joey Porter is ready to step up and will be a solid #1 and Jenkins seems ready to progress as well. The front 7 will be interesting to see since it seems like there are alot of journeymen from different systems. I like the idea of big Teddy Washington playing the middle with Hawk and Williams patrolling the outsides.. All in all, you might have the most dangerous team in 3 years, as for now, I think you will be competitive but not quite with the elite teams. Solid improvement.

I actually feel like its kind of like the Dolphins defense of this year but with more talent...Ive got Rookie olb rookie db rookie de and its kind of a mix of old and young and not many in between with veterans Law,Washington,Glover,Milloy,Favre,Holmes, but also great young players in Lewis,Williams,Whitner,Addai,Wimbley...I also believe that this team would be dominant in a few years, but also very good naw with the speed rushers off the edge,big guys in the middle,fast linebackers,and great cb/safety talent

Buff if there is ANY question about who got the better of that trade it would be YOU hands down..i had doubts about the logistic of the trade but honestly when you put your team together its much better and like someone said you quietly built a killer

One thing I noticed about the Colts team, if they plan on running a 3-4, Freeny and 235lbs Mathis can in no way shape or form play 3-4 defensive end. Simon might be the best end in a 3-4 and hes playing NT. The skill positions look sick but that is a huge red flag.

saves said:
One thing I noticed about the Colts team, if they plan on running a 3-4, Freeny and 235lbs Mathis can in no way shape or form play 3-4 defensive end. Simon might be the best end in a 3-4 and hes playing NT. The skill positions look sick but that is a huge red flag.

I maybe wrong, but I thought that Indy played as a 3-4 team last year... I don't plan on running just that defense, Personally I'd do some switching on and off, running 3-4 and some 4-3.

Back
Top Bottom