****roster Critique***** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****roster Critique*****

adamprez2003 said:
Saint Greg posted this. I also thought the final roster size was 55. When did it change to 53? This is the first time I've seen the number 53.

Since we are about to start free agency we need to tighten some things up. Some of you still haven't figured your salary cap position. You need to do this now. If you are over the cap, you must be under by sunday and stay under for the remainder. Let's try to keep our roster sizes under control as well. The roster size is 55 players. Lets say you can't go over 60 right now (draft picks included) and you must be at 55 or under (draft picks included) by the draft. Finally when figuring your cap, make sure you figure in salaries for your draft picks so we don't run into cap problems later. If you are over the cap at the start of the draft, you will forfeit draft picks that put you over the cap/roster size.

The final roster thread itself says 53 at the top, and I was told to and did adjust my roster to fit that.

adamprez2003 said:
Saint Greg posted this. I also thought the final roster size was 55. When did it change to 53? This is the first time I've seen the number 53.

Since we are about to start free agency we need to tighten some things up. Some of you still haven't figured your salary cap position. You need to do this now. If you are over the cap, you must be under by sunday and stay under for the remainder. Let's try to keep our roster sizes under control as well. The roster size is 55 players. Lets say you can't go over 60 right now (draft picks included) and you must be at 55 or under (draft picks included) by the draft. Finally when figuring your cap, make sure you figure in salaries for your draft picks so we don't run into cap problems later. If you are over the cap at the start of the draft, you will forfeit draft picks that put you over the cap/roster size.

53 is NFL size and 53 was the size we ended at last year...so 53 was the safest bet. if i miss read and it is actually 55 i am sorry...i was of the impression that 55 was until the draft...and then teams would be able to to shape thier teams to the 53 NFL size.

PhinSoldia said:
53 is NFL size and 53 was the size we ended at last year...so 53 was the safest bet. if i miss read and it is actually 55 i am sorry...i was of the impression that 55 was until the draft...and then teams would be able to to shape thier teams to the 53 NFL size.

iF 53 was the size last year then that's cool. I'm new. Double check everyone's roster though. People like me might not be aware. I know the Bills had 58 I believe. I'll cut two players from my roster, If it goes back to 55 then the roster I submitted is the final one

saves said:
The final roster thread itself says 53 at the top, and I was told to and did adjust my roster to fit that.

Oh yeah I saw that. I was just surprised because nowhere during the entire offseason did I see that the final roster would be 53. This thread was the first time I saw it. No prob

I remember a practice squad from last year, I believe we're able to have 5 players as our PS. But don't take my word for it, I'm pretty sure though...

GridIronKing34 said:
I remember a practice squad from last year, I believe we're able to have 5 players as our PS. But don't take my word for it, I'm pretty sure though...

last year i had 58 and i was asked to cut to 53, thats how i am sure that there wasnt a practice Squad

azfinfanmang said:
Timmy Chang

Chang is a project that we liked while watching him run the Chuck and Duck offense for June Jones in Hawaii. If nothing else, he knows the best restaurants in Honolulu.

:sidelol: :sidelol:

Hold on there. Saint Greg just put in a roster with 55?!! If the GM has 55 I have to assume that 55 is the number and NOT 53

azfinfanmang said:
:eek: :escape:

Well if an actual NFL roster is 53 players, what sense does it make to have an extra 2 on our rosters? I'm not trying to be a dick but 55 dosn't make any sense.

saves said:
Well if an actual NFL roster is 53 players, what sense does it make to have an extra 2 on our rosters? I'm not trying to be a dick but 55 dosn't make any sense.

Ditto. and since it says 53 in the final roster thread, go with 53.

TractorTraylor said:
Ditto. and since it says 53 in the final roster thread, go with 53.

Hold on. The GM, Saint Greg, posted earlier this year that it was 55, and he just submitted a roster with 55. The first time 53 was used was in this thread but it wasnt Saint Greg that said it. Saint Greg should decide this

Alright, 55 it is. In that case, Dwayne Carswell and Omare Lowe are still on my roster.. I cut them just before posting. I will update...

Now then, this thread is supposed to be critiqueing rosters, not determining how big the roster... Lets get back to what is important like "how many yards do you guys think Dominick Davis is going to have in my lineup" :D

BTW: I seriously doubt the difference between 55 and 53 is going to make or break anybody. If it does, then that's unfortunate....

Back
Top Bottom