****roster Critique***** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****roster Critique*****

Carolina i especially like what you did with your team...you kept the Core of your team in tact...and you fixed a gross weakness on your team....you addressed the talent at your skill positions on Offense....my only draw back is your running game...if you traded for Dillon it made no sense to draft Lendale...because thier running styles are exactly alike.

stan marino said:
The extra 2 players were because we dont have a practise squad. Its always been that way so any problems with it now is just a little bit late dont ya think?

As Stan said, This is how it has been done for several years. The reason being people always ask about a practice squad. 55 gives you a couple extra players and it's a nice even number. Well it's a odd number, but you know what I mean. Anyone who wants 53 on their team, feel free to cut 2 players. Anyone who cut down to 53 but wants 55, feel free to sign back the last 2 players you cut.

PhinSoldia said:
Carolina i especially like what you did with your team...you kept the Core of your team in tact...and you fixed a gross weakness on your team....you addressed the talent at your skill positions on Offense....my only draw back is your running game...if you traded for Dillon it made no sense to draft Lendale...because thier running styles are exactly alike.
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate the response. The 1-2 punch of Dillon-White is not the change of pace setup that other teams utilize. Instead, I signed Corey Dillon cheap at 2M as an insurance policy in case I didn't get a back in the draft. Just like Ronnie Brown, LenDale has never been the guy, and because of Dillon's recent injury history, I'm going to have them split time in order to ensure that both are available and effective come playoff time. When Travis Minor comes into the game, he will be our change of pace back.

anyone wanna look at the browns roster? i dont think it is that bad, considering what i had to work with to start

Marino2234 said:
anyone wanna look at the browns roster? i dont think it is that bad, considering what i had to work with to start
I feel your pain, Marino, the Lions were the same situation..

I like some of the acquistions you made in FA such as Foote, Bell, Weaver, Hope and Taylor. However, I think you mighta overpaid for Moulds but he will make a nice compliment to Edwards. Your RB depth is nice but I think you need a proven talent at QB (Frye could be solid in a few years). I think your D isnt strong (LB, DE) but it isnt weak (CB,DT) either but you coulda picked up a shut down type corner to take you to the next level.

While Im typing, does anyone wanna give me some thoughts on the Lions roster?

TractorTraylor said:
While Im typing, does anyone wanna give me some thoughts on the Lions roster?

Brees was a big pickup, a QB was needed. It was nice to see you get capable players behind Jones, that guy can't stay healthy and fresh legs are a plus. I think you downgraded at WR though, you went from 3-skys the limit players to just decent. I think safety is a concern as well, but other than that it looks good.

yea I was looking to pick up a big time player at safety but I couldnt ever get a deal to work out. I picked up phillups b/c I like his style and he is consistent. As for Holt, he's athletic and has potential. I dont think theyre flashy but theyll get the job done.

Lions improved, they have a better oline, a much better QB, and of course, their wide receivers pretty much didn't go up or down, being they only had one good WR, that is, Roy Williams. Mike can still be a bust and Charles is a bust in my eyes thus far. You did a good job.

GridIronKing34 said:
Lions improved, they have a better oline, a much better QB, and of course, their wide receivers pretty much didn't go up or down, being they only had one good WR, that is, Roy Williams. Mike can still be a bust and Charles is a bust in my eyes thus far. You did a good job.

Thanks... I was thinking the same way about the WRs.. Roy was traded in order to improve multiple other positions..

GridIronKing34 said:

My thinking on the WR was that Roy is a star in the making. Mike can't really be called a bust considering he was a top pick last year and didn't do anything to prove or disprove that selection yet, so hes still a young highly regarded player. Rodgers of course is the worst of the 3, but if he gets a chance to be healthy for a season he still has all the talent in the world.

It is still an above average group on a good team, but I see it as somewhat of a downgrade. But if making those moves made the team better as a whole then they had to be done, but it is still worth taking note.

why is there a big problem with my defense...who is going to run the ball on me and with those DB's who is going to get the ball to a reciever...not peyton not brady and definately not vick. but the lack of pass-rush is not hinging on the 4-3. REMEMBER i dont run a 4-3,i run a motion shift defense which runs a 4-3, 3-4 AND a 5-2 so blitzes and stunts are coming at all angles most of the time. Peyton wont be able to audible out of that

Defensivly everybody's worried about the loss of Arrington and Taylor...while i Brought in David Pollack, and TOMMY POLLY, who will be just as great without the injuries and poor leadership...remember that MY linebacking Core was already filthy...WITHOUT ARRINGTON. with Washington and Marshal still there.

Lemar Marshall MLB

Marshall played and started all 16 regular season games, plus two playoff games. He led the defense with tackles with 132 (103 solo) and four interceptions. He also had two sacks and two forced fumbles.

At Safety i brought in THREE starters... and a damn good rookie who can start..so thats 4 potential pro-bowlers that can start......

Defense? i have no problem on defense

PhinSoldia said:
why is there a big problem with my defense...who is going to run the ball on me and with those DB's who is going to get the ball to a reciever...not peyton not brady and definately not vick. but the lack of pass-rush is not hinging on the 4-3. REMEMBER i dont run a 4-3,i run a motion shift defense which runs a 4-3, 3-4 AND a 5-2 so blitzes and stunts are coming at all angles most of the time. Peyton wont be able to audible out of that

Defensivly everybody's worried about the loss of Arrington and Taylor...while i Brought in David Pollack, and TOMMY POLLY, who will be just as great without the injuries and poor leadership...remember that MY linebacking Core was already filthy...WITHOUT ARRINGTON. with Washington and Marshal still there.

Lemar Marshall MLB

Marshall played and started all 16 regular season games, plus two playoff games. He led the defense with tackles with 132 (103 solo) and four interceptions. He also had two sacks and two forced fumbles.

At Safety i brought in THREE starters... and a damn good rookie who can start..so thats 4 potential pro-bowlers that can start......

Defense? i have no problem on defense
If you are referring to my comment, what I meant to say is that comparitively speaking, I think your defense is weaker than your offense. I think your offense can be explosive, while I dont think your D has that same flair. Dont get me wrong, they will be solid but they way I saw it, you have lots of role players. They will be solid but I dont think they pack the punch that your O does. Most of all, I think you have a lack of pass rush from the DE position. I think Marshall,Pollack and Polley will do well to cover that up but it is still a missing component.

Back
Top Bottom