Round 1, Pick 18: Austin Jackson, OT | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 18: Austin Jackson, OT

I would say it was a little bit of a reach, but I also don't think he was getting out of the 1st round either. McKinney or Jefferson would have been my pick, but I don't hate it. I agree with Jeremiah that his best football is ahead of him. Really good athlete for the position.

I'm fine with the pick. I wanted OT at 18 and 26. Give me Josh Jones or Isaiah Wilson at 26 and I'll be a happy, happy man.

Jackson is 20 years old. Sounds like he's a ball of raw talent at this point. I trust this staff to coach him up.
Plus the bone marrow he gave to his sister had to take a lot out of him last year.

Not a big fan of this pick, but I know there are extenuating circumstances with this kid.
So give him time.
My only concern is we have 3 first round picks, and are 2 not going to play this coming season?

Not a big fan of this pick, but I know there are extenuating circumstances with this kid.
So give him time.
My only concern is we have 3 first round picks, and are 2 not going to play this coming season?
So give him time.
So give him time.
I expect Jackson will start. The competition at LT is definitely in his favor.

Should've taken McKinney. Jackson still would have been there at 26. Most mocks had him going in the second round.

Another factor to consider. Miami could have traded up maybe for Wirfs. That would have probably cost pick #56. Will be interesting to see what the Dolphins get at that pick.

Jones and Cleveland are still available to take. Don't really care what Pete Pricko has to say about anything. I would take Jones or Ruiz at 26.

People saying we could've gotten him in the second round are nuts. He was a first round pick in every mock I saw over the last few days, and a majority had him going before #26. If you're upset we didn't take Josh Jones or something, that's fine.

Well that put a fork in my fun. And it was going so well with Tua. :(

Why do we reach for OL? We could have had him top of the 2nd or later. Geez!!
You sure about that? He’s got tons of upside, and was the best player available at a premier position that also happens to be a position of need. You don’t know what he will or won’t be, none of us do. We need at least 2 or 3 starting caliber Olinemen out of this draft, what on earth are you complaining about? Why don’t we see how it goes first and root for this guy to succeed?

The Dolphins won
So give him time.
The Dolphins are not going to be a playoff team this coming season. They will let Tua sit and give his hip a year to fully recover. Jackson will get playing time but he is only 20 and I don’t expect him to be the player he will be in a couple of years. Jackson might be a small reach at 18 but he has great upside IMO.

With Tua as the QB and assuming he can stay healthy and all the draft picks the Dolphins have in this draft and next year, they should be ready to be a legit playoff contender by 2021.

Back
Top Bottom