Round 1, Pick 18: Austin Jackson, OT | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 18: Austin Jackson, OT

Chill fellas. I’m biased but Action Jackson is extremely skilled and can’t legally drink yet.

I’ve been around Austin a ton and the guy is a high character, hard working AND talented player. Give him a year to develop and we will be just fine with him.

don't like it. was praying dallas passed on cd but knew that was wishful thinking

Ceedee looks like a future all pro, I can’t believe he lasted so long. Austin Jackson is the 5th best OT in the draft and in a completely different tier than the top 4 guys. Hate the pick.

Josh Jones looks like a career backup, maybe average RT.

I.would rather wait until R2 and get Wilson or Cleveland to play RT.

Get Swift or Dobbins at 30!

Ceedee looks like a future all pro, I can’t believe he lasted so long. Austin Jackson is the 5th best OT in the draft and in a completely different tier than the top 4 guys. Hate the pick.

WR is not a need and so many of those WR's look like future all pros on draft day and end up doing almost nothing in the league. Like not even making it through their rookie contracts bad. Not gonna shed tears over a first round WR when we've got some building blocks and depth there.

Loved this pick...

If we took a QB, and then saw the big 4 come off the board, Austin was my next bet.

So... hated one, loved one, and confused by one. A fun draft night.

I like this kid more then Josh Jones. This is a good kid, with good measurables, who right now may not be as ready a player as Jones (Not that Jones is that complete himself), Jackson with being only 20, has a very good chance of growing to be s much better finished product.

I was banging the table to trade up with SF to get Wirfs so I’m disappointed with this pick. That said, he is only 20 so in a couple years maybe

Why are people acting like just because you have a left handed QB you don't need a LT? The Dolphins needed potential future starters at both LT and RT since the only quality OT they had on the roster was Jesse Davis. On a good team Davis would be a backup. It sucks that they couldn't move up to get one of the higher rated OT prospects. However lets not act like both LT and RT weren't huge needs.

Great kid with great character, but I wish we traded up for Wirfs. Jackson is a is big time project, he got killed by Epenesa when USC played Iowa.

Austin Jackson is a first class young man and I'm thrilled to have him on the team. He'll become a really good starter for us and I'm thankful we drafted him instead of Josh Jones.

Imo, relative to Jackson’s age at 20 years old, I think we got ourselves a player, first off, he’s always the quickest man off the line, wicked fast off the snap, he loses in pass protection when he loses his technique, gets out over his feet sometimes which makes him susceptible to a grab and pull move, he’s just got to clean up some technical things, but this is what I loved seeing at 20 years young, he likes to finish blocks, he’s got a streak, he’s very good as a run locker already, on the hoof centering his opponent at the 2nd level is real good, so important in the run game, really really talented kid, hi upside, and 20 freakin years old..

No offseason last year to get bigger and stronger...serious arrow up

Great kid with great character, but I wish we traded up for Wirfs. Jackson is a is big time project, he got killed by Epenesa when USC played Iowa.
When I watched him go against Aj Espensa, he won the majority of the battles with him, but the few times he lost we’re sacks, all on savvy moves from espenesa...only 20 and still came out to play pro ball...big upside here cause those sacks were not caused by anything but a savvy vet schooling a teenager..

One thing that wasn’t mentioned is the kids anchor strength, he can hunker down and dig his feet and stop a bull rush..

really like him in the run game..

Well that put a fork in my fun. And it was going so well with Tua. :(

Why do we reach for OL? We could have had him top of the 2nd or later. Geez!!

How do you know we could have had him at the top of the 2nd or later? Wait are you telling me you broke into all 32 teams HQ's and were able to view every single draft board for all 32 teams? What else do you know?

Back
Top Bottom