Round 1, Pick 18: Austin Jackson, OT | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 18: Austin Jackson, OT

Laughable! What the hell is wrong with a LH franchise QB anyway?
i think you missed the point. its not the LH QB. it's reaching for a project LT with the 18th pick in the draft when you just took a LH QB.

i think you missed the point. its not the LH QB. it's reaching for a project LT with the 18th pick in the draft when you just took a LH QB.

i get where youre coming from, but since were currently starting someone who's marginally more effective as a LT than a stack of hay and Jesse Davis isn't fully incompetent, we definitely needed a LT more. besides, i don't think our opponents will switch the strong side/weak side of their defenses around just because they are playing us. the RDE will in most cases still be the opponents' best pass-rusher.

furthermore, of course our investments are predominantly for the future but Tua might not even start in 2020 and we should at least give Fitzpatrick the chance to survive behind our OL and not piss blood after every game. maybe that's just me

How do you know we could have had him at the top of the 2nd or later? Wait are you telling me you broke into all 32 teams HQ's and were able to view every single draft board for all 32 teams? What else do you know?

This is a complete change in philosophy for the last 20 years and I think people are in shock.

They took three guys all with tremendous upside homerun hits if they hit. We’ve had plenty of Jared Odrick and Koa Misi these polished players with low ceilings high floors.

Finally took three players with extremely high ceilings who cares what the floor is I believe the staff can develop them into great players.

I think this is a solid (albeit not the greatest or sexiest) pick. Miami isn't gearing up for this year, they're gearing up for next years season. They get a year of coaching him up before they really expect him to perform at a higher level.

From what I've read about the guy, he was beginning to assert himself at USC as a Premier OT but he took a step back after donating Bone Marrow that helped save his sisters life. This was an excellent pick IMO both as player and a person. Well done

Right on target he was the best of the rest left on the board and we had to attempt to protect the QB. Other option was to trade up to 14 for the Iowa tackle and that may have been the plan when SF traded back 1 pick to 15. Sometimes ya try and take the best of the rest. Hate drafting for need but Tua needed to be the choice so a OT needed to be the next choice. Rest of the draft will be more interesting and tell us more about Grier and Flores.

So we gotta wait 3 years for this guy to become Juwan James because he’s only 20? RT becoming LT because you have a left handed QB is so overrated. Defenses are not going to shift their defense because a QB is left handed.

So tired of pumping 1sts into the O-line by reaching with so so talent.

Back
Top Bottom