Round 1, Pick 18: Austin Jackson, OT | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 18: Austin Jackson, OT

That makes no sense. The idea of the draft is to get better players that can help right away, not players that might take a couple of years to develop. You save those types of players for the late rounds, not round 1.
What does it matter if they help right away? It's not super common that guys walk into the NFL and are on the All-Pro team as a rookie. You take the guys that are going to be great later rather than lower ceiling guys who are just going to be good now.

What does it matter if they help right away? It's not super common that guys walk into the NFL and are on the All-Pro team as a rookie. You take the guys that are going to be great later rather than lower ceiling guys who are just going to be good now.

No you try and draft players who can make an immediate impact especially in the first round.

I mean that's not true but ok.

Hell ya it's true. Do you think most teams drafting in the first round are thinking boy I hope the player I draft makes an impact by his third year in the league? Heck no they don't. They expect to see that player make some kind of impact in his rookie season.

Jackson will play right away. Have you not seen the OTs on the current roster? Not sure if you all are watching the games this year. He can play LT, RT, or Guard. He will play on the line this year.

If there was ever a situation where an OT high a high ceiling was going to come in with some time to learn on the job, this is it.

I definitely would have preferred Wirfs, but this team probably isn’t going to be ready to compete for a playoff run 2020. Let Jackson develop while Tua sits and rehabs.

Jackson will play right away. Have you not seen the OTs on the current roster? Not sure if you all are watching the games this year. He can play LT, RT, or Guard. He will play on the line this year.

I never said he wouldn't play right away. I know how bad the OT's are on the current roster are. But just because he might play right away doesn't mean he will be very good right away.

That makes no sense. The idea of the draft is to get better players that can help right away, not players that might take a couple of years to develop. You save those types of players for the late rounds, not round 1.
No... it isn't.

The idea is that you get players who give you 10 years and pro bowls.

Many of these 'play right away' players are already as good as they'll EVER be... Odrick and Harris types.

No... it isn't.

Many of these 'play right away' players are already as good as they'll EVER be... Odrick and Harris types.

I have had enough of the Jared Odrick and Koa Misi. They believe that coaching staff can develop the player, they showed a great sense of it last season. Bring in guys like they have so far and you can bet they will get the most out of them making their incredible ceiling a far more likely outcome than their lower floor.

Enough of the high floor low ceiling player scaredy cat BS drafting strategy. Kendal Langford and Jared Odrick didnt do **** beyond cash checks here. Give me high ceiling average floor guys and a coaching staff to coach the hell out of them.

No... it isn't.

I'm not talking about Odrick or Harris. Harris has been a huge bust and should have never been drafted in the first round. I'm talking about players who come in right away and start and have good careers.

Where is the abuse by Espensa? Seems to be a stalemate to me most of the time. One sack was a missed blocking assignment otherwise seems to set his anchor well when Espenesa got the push early and routed him beyond the QB when he was beat to give the QB room to step up and find an open guy.

Heard this as evidence that he is a big reach last night. I just dont see abuse, I see wins for both guys and a stalemate a vast majority of the time.

No you try and draft players who can make an immediate impact especially in the first round.
So you don't think Jackson or Iggy will have an impact? Jackson started 39 games, he's stepping in day one at one of the tackle spots. Miami runs nickle/dime 70-75% of the time, so Iggy will be in there right from the start. Tua will be the one that doesn't play right away, unless he's healthy and beats out Fitzpatrick.

Back
Top Bottom