Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene

At this point i would start Iggy every game. if he proves that he sucks at least we know to cut him.
wouldn't that be better than keeping him inactive and next year he takes up a roster spot and continues to suck???

CBS

Noah Igbinoghene CB, AUBURN
Height: 5-10, Weight: 198
The captain of my Better-Than-Team. I think this pick is outstanding. He's a great press-man guy. He tackled 10 times better than I expected from a track guy. (Pete Prisco)
A+
I heard Kiper label him a sleeper and highlights looked good
No matter picked way too high
If he was a 3rd noone would have an issue I think

Yeah….. You’re right…. But that bar is set kinda low. I mean… We could literally train a baby seal to make better selections than Grier.
And most people here would club that baby seal if any pics failed to be superstars immediately.

No chance they pick up his 5th year option
He’s in year 2…he’s 21 years old. He’s playing behind two unseatable starting corners. Let it play out. No one thought much of Howard until the second part of year 2 and he was playing regularly. Players need time to develop.

He’s in year 2…he’s 21 years old. He’s playing behind two unseatable starting corners. Let it play out. No one thought much of Howard until the second part of year 2 and he was playing regularly. Players need time to develop.
One, who cares about age? two, that's fine and all but take him in round 3 not round 1 to just be healthy scratches when this team still has holes elsewhere.

He's young. Can't judge him. He just needs another couple years.

Pat Kirwan from the NFL Network had his brother who is apparently an expert on evaluating DBs look at game film on several DBs. He told his brother Pat that Noah Igbinoghene is as good as Okudah who went third after watching game film on the DBs in the draft. Pat told his brother "whoa slow down here." And his brother said he was serious about his proclamation.
So... We might have just stolen a really good player here at this pick..
Of course... most people on here just look at the names they recognize on several draft lists and are disappointed because it wasn't the name they saw on those lists.
I mean…this is kind of correct. Noah does seem to be as good as Okudah…

Didn't like the pick at the time, dunno if I said so in this thread, I've not gone through all the pages. But not going to be a "i told you so" type here, but the bit I just couldn't understand, and still can't get my head around is why pick a developmental player in the 1st round, he was clearly that. None of the draft gurus had him projected as a first rounder, they all knew he needed time and you should expect first rounders to be starters in year 1.

Having said that, I still would love to see the kid fulfill the faith the team obviously had in him taking him so high however the lack of progression he has shown, still to be a healthy scratch at this stage of his career is extremely troubling. If the core tools are there, the athletic ability, why isn't our coaching being effective with him ? Is it mental for him ? He got humiliated when he was thrown in at the deep end, has that scared him ? I hope Flo and team know what the root of the issue is and have a plan to remedy it.

I mean, Iggy looks like a specimen. It's just hard to break through when you're behind 2 top 10 CBs. I think the FO wants to re-sign him cheap to have him play on his 2nd contract when X's or BJ's expires.

This aint college ball, this is the nfl...BUT, just like in college when a player leaves/graduates after 3-5 years, by the time Noah “develops”, if he ever does, he wont be on the team any more. TERRIBLE pick.

Back
Top Bottom