Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene

And if they do still select him, or someone equivalent, there likely will not be a retraction or acknowledgement that they played the board right.

Looking at teams in front of us only NE may pick a RB, I am not sure about S. Playing the board right would have went 30 - McKinney, 39 - Swift, 56 - this guy. Guess what he would have been there or a like non starter at CB. You are right we may still get a stub RB but that could have already been checked off the shopping list. I don’t know how much simpler I can make it. Is what it is.

This guy could have gone in 2nd round.

Not sure why GB traded with us to get Love, we werent going to pick Love. I diuvt Tennessee would have either
They were probably fearing the Colts were going to jump them.

Igbinoghene fits the NE profile for CB - thick, fast, and tenacious. They don't prioritize length. I had Fulton ranked higher, but he had character issues, and both Jackson and Igbinoghene appear to be mature beyond their years.

Should also say Fulton was better in off coverage, and Igbinoghene profiles better as a press CB, and that probably contributed to them preferring Igbinoghene.

Passing on Gladney and Jaylon Johnson for him. Brutal.
Why? Both Grier and Flo were at the Auburn proday. They spent time with this guy. I'll go with Flo and his expertise with DB's. Igy was rated by many as the #3 man coverage guy, and Slimm rated him #3 overall. He's raw, but he's physical and fast. Miami played man 60% of the time last year and ran with 5/6 DB's almost as a base D. He can play slot and boundary, as well as return kicks. He fits right into Flo's "positionless" defensive backfield.

I think it was a good pick, maybe a slight reach but I heard his name a lot over the last week as a second round pick and possibly sneaking into the first. Far from brutal...

I think this was a great pick. We picked up and extra 4th rounder by moving down, and we got a great scheme fit CB thats an extremely hard worker. Really like his physical play and I think he has a chance to be really good.

Last edited:
You may think he's a late second round guy, but I see Tedslimmjr has him as his #23 ranked player. Walterfootball has him at #34. CBS has him at #38. Draft Network at #47. And I don't think it's a bad idea to prepare for the inevitable fifth or sixth knee injury Howard will suffer this year or next, and not want to rely on Needham as your only option to replace him. Plus, we'll likely have 3 CBs on the field the majority of the time anyway.
You think those guys and our FO know more than the rage monkeys on this board?

A common theme I see developing even from last years picks, Grier & Flores value character very highly.
Each pick in this years draft a standout point is character, so going forward I would look at players that a point of emphasis regarding character might be a player to keep an eye on.

Why not the safety Mckinney? Does this mean we trade Howard?

more than likely a McCain replacement. Releasing him after this season saves nearly $6M in cap space, plus you’ve got a security blanket should X get hurt again. I too thought McKinney, but we’ve got the assets where you can move up for him early tonight if you want him.

You are right but if I have a choice of the best RB or a guy a lot of people ranked 10th at his position, a guy considered a reach and a bit of a project, then I am taking the stud RB. Just me and yes we should be able to get RB tomorrow.
I admit I know nothing about the player the Dolphins drafted at 30. Yet according to Grier he was the highest rated player on their board at the time and that is why they selected him.
If you are going to spend months setting up your board and then ignore the board when it is time to make your selection, you wouldn’t need a board to begin with. So selecting the highest rated player on their board at 30 is exactly what they should have done, IMO.
There are still a lot of quality players left in the draft and the Dolphins have 12 picks remaining.I have no doubt they will get a RB, Safety, more offensive linemen and a few defensive linemen before the draft is over.
This rebuilding program is at least a two year process and it will take this years free agency period, next years free agency along with this years draft and the 2021 draft to get this team to a position talent wise so they can compete for a playoff spot by the time the 2021 season rolls around.

Why? Both Grier and Flo were at the Auburn proday. They spent time with this guy. I'll go with Flo and his expertise with DB's. Igy was rated by many as the #3 man coverage guy, and Slimm rated him #3 overall. He's raw, but he's physical and fast. Miami played man 60% of the time last year and ran with 5/6 DB's almost as a base D. He can play slot and boundary, as well as return kicks. He fits right into Flo's "positionless" defensive backfield.

I think it was a good pick, maybe a slight reach but I heard his name a lot over the last week as a second round pick and possibly sneaking into the first. Far from brutal...

I had significantly higher grades on Gladney and Jaylon Johnson. And Fulton for that matter. Maybe brutal was too harsh of a word.

Noah's a good athlete but I'm not sure he has as much upside as people are making out. 5'10 and 4.48 speed isn't some super rare combination; maybe if he was a bit longer. From my perspective the three guys I've got listed there played much better press man on tape.

another bad Grier pick. I don't know how he managed to fail upwards all these years. He's responsible for needing to rebuild multiple times and is elevated time after time. Ross really is clueless about football. This team will be rebuilding again by 2024
I assume you wanted Grier to pick one of the players who are still available because none of the other 31 teams have selected them either. Based on your criteria, every GM in the NFL failed because they didn’t draft the players who are still undrafted after the first round.

I had significantly higher grades on Gladney and Jaylon Johnson. And Fulton for that matter. Maybe brutal was too harsh of a word.

Noah's a good athlete but I'm not sure he has as much upside as people are making out. 5'10 and 4.48 speed isn't some super rare combination; maybe if he was a bit longer. From my perspective the three guys I've got listed there played much better press man on tape.
When I watch him (I really started watching some stuff on him in the last two weeks when I heard his name linked to Miami) he plays fast. I get the 4.48 timed doesn't blow you away, but he plays that fast with pads on too. He has quick feet and is very physical. He is arguably the best tackling CB in the draft. Igy is raw, only been a starting CB since 2018 but he's got the skills, let Flo get a hold of him and I think he turns into a stud.

Back
Top Bottom