Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene

We got Tua...nobody here is a pro football scout...how many Pats fans were bitching about them taking Brady in the 6th? Probably a lot...we got a QB a top 5 OT and a top 5 CB...lot of draft to go...and oh yeah we have a decent amount of picks

I am not saying I hate the pick but we picked a guy in the 1st round that won’t start. You pick a McKinny and he is more than likely starting, you pick Swift he is starting or playing a **** load of snaps, a good C starts. As for guys nobody wanted. I guarantee if we hadn’t picked this guy he would be on the board tomorrow and go after Swift and or McKinny so not sure of your point. Guy may turn out good but the value was not there.

Watch us still get him

This guy looks like a pretty explosive kick returner too! You think that could be in the plan???

i think so, if we get a WR later say bye bye to Jakeem IMO

on a different note, we might as well start thinking about a nickname for our secondary. Jones, X and Iggy, the Bermuda Triangle

Haven't seen much of him, but did watch a highlight video and realized he needs to be taught to turn his head and look for the ball more.

Must have watched the same video as me. On 4 of the passes they hit him on the helmet, back, shoulder and he never turned his head. Although he looks good tackling and i will defer to those with more knowledge of CB play than me. Not a huge fan of the pick would have rather had McKinney, Winfield or another T. Would have taken Isaiah Wilson with 26 personally.

how many Pats fans were bitching about them taking Brady in the 6th?
None did.....because they took him in the 6th round which is where you take "guys with potential". And to take it a step further, they take Brady in 2000 in the 1st round and he turns out this good, it doesn't justify the pick because it's still a bad pick then. Why? Because they could have taken him later easily. It's just too damn easy to sit here AFTER WE TAKE A PLAYER and say that he wouldn't have been there much longer. Well GD it! Yeah, I guess I can't argue against that because there's no way for me to prove you're not correct is there? Congrats.....you guys win!!

Brian Flores made some scrub named Nik Needham play well.

Wait until this fresh corner gets coached by Flo and Josh Boyer who both made no names play respectable on. Kid has everything you want in a young CB. If he develops into what his talent is capable of then Miami hit a homerun.

First, you don’t know who is or who isn’t starting. But Flores clearly believed he will be a starting caliber player.

Secondly, again, McKinney hasn’t been selected yet. So clearly not one team shares your high opinion of him or any of the other safeties. Every single team was content to wait til at least the 2nd round.

Same goes for Swift. Not one of the 32 teams have selected him. When he gets selected, that’s where he was supposed to go.

Third, you can’t guarantee anything. You don’t have the first damn clue. Because you didn’t even know that MIA would select him at 30, so how could you know whether another team (or more) might have done the same around the same time? You don’t.

However all these teams talk to each other. They send their personnel to the same events. They get a much better idea who might be interested in a player they are also interested in.

Clearly MIA valued Igbinoghene where they selected him and/or believed he wouldn’t be there much longer. They were willing to move down from 26, but no further.

That tells me something.

I have already countered everything you said and can say you don’t know **** either. We will see but I have the history of the stench of bad drafting to support me and you have hope. Plain and simple. I am 54 and watched a lot of failure. Hey if we get Tua right then the rest is gravy. But remember the other 32 teams passed on this guy also.

Back
Top Bottom