Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene

Do we not have a strong safety anymore? Do we need a true FS on the field, and in certain situations when we do, is Rowe not ok there?

Sure but at 30? He is a late 2nd guy and a backup at the moment. Our RB core is putrid and we have a hole at S and need a C for that matter. We have Needham, Jones and Howard. Just bad.

You may think he's a late second round guy, but I see Tedslimmjr has him as his #23 ranked player. Walterfootball has him at #34. CBS has him at #38. Draft Network at #47. And I don't think it's a bad idea to prepare for the inevitable fifth or sixth knee injury Howard will suffer this year or next, and not want to rely on Needham as your only option to replace him. Plus, we'll likely have 3 CBs on the field the majority of the time anyway.

If we were going to pick a corner we should have picked Trevon Diggs or Bryce Hall to play outside corner. Then we could trade Xavien for some good value.

What does this pick mean for Bobby McCain? Could we possibly try and trade McCain?
hopefully it means we don’t have to see McCain at slot and this kid fits right in..we did have a serious need for a slot corner.

Last edited:
You may think he's a late second round guy, but I see Tedslimmjr has him as his #23 ranked player. Walterfootball has him at #34. CBS has him at #38. Draft Network at #47. And I don't think it's a bad idea to prepare for the inevitable fifth or sixth knee injury Howard will suffer this year or next, and not want to rely on Needham as your only option to replace him. Plus, we'll likely have 3 CBs on the field the majority of the time anyway.

Rankings are great but we have a hole at S with the best S rated as a top 15-20 player sitting there. We have a journey man plodder in Howard as our best RB option meanwhile we have 36 mil invested in CB's. Not an area of need or for sake of argument not better value than the other players. We will see.

I just watched some of this guys film and realized that he doesn’t play nickel and that he plays outside corner. With his length and Athleticism I think he is better suited to play Outside Corner. This either means we are trading X or Brian Flores is bringing him into play Safety alongside Rowe. What are your all’s thoughts about this?

My thoughts are: you never have enough starting caliber corners.

He's a kick returner.

You don't trade X because if you do you only have 1 starting caliber CB on your team (Byron Jones).

If he can't play nickel (he probably can), someone else will play nickel and he will play outside for whoever jumps into nickel.

I don't see Safety in his future, but Byron Jones may play some Safety.

Rankings are great but we have a hole at S with the best S rated as a top 15-20 player sitting there. We have a journey man plodder in Howard as our best RB option meanwhile we have 36 mil invested in CB's. Not an area of need or for sake of argument not better value than the other players. We will see.

Something must be going on with this batch of safeties.

I wouldn't be surprised if the top 3 safeties were all still there at 39.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we didn't take one (although we probably will).

We definitely have the All-Name team so far. My favorite part is that Igbinoghene's father's first name is ... Festus. How can you not love that!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously though, I'm glad we are drafting to the strength of the draft so far, and we're maneuvering into areas of better value. I called us staying pat at 5 and picking our QB. Not sure I'm confident that Tua can stay healthy, but if he's our guy, we went about it the right way. Herbert late was a smokescreen, and I called it as such. Then I thought we might move up from 18 a bit to get one of those OT's, but that didn't happen. Then I said I would trade back from 26, possibly into the 2nd round and grab a CB. Well, we traded back and got a CB, so I feel fairly right about that one too.

Not one of my preferred CB's, but he's in that group of a half-dozen or so top eschelon CB's. I wasn't sold on Okudah being elite, so I wanted to get a CB late in that top eschelon. I was targeting Bryce Hall in the 2nd round, but Iggy seems like a good prospect. Alpha, hard worker, good kid ... Coach Flo's type of guy. He has power and size to play press, and a ferocious attitude and grinding mentality. Both parents were Olympians ... yeah, the kid is athletic too. Like the pick, and really like trading back and picking up an extra pick and still getting the guy Coach Flo wanted.

I see him as primarily a slot guy, but injuries always happen to CB's, so I'm sure he can and will play outside some too. He would really have benefited from a pre-season, but in the slot, he should be OK. Guess this means Bobby McCain stays at safety unless we draft one later ... and I am expecting that we will. Nik Needham will likely compete with Iggy in the slot as well.

Really like this pick. Like that Grier is drafting to the BPA and strengths of the draft. We need everything and have the most picks (15 now!) so its definitely the way to go.

If we were going to pick a corner we should have picked Trevon Diggs or Bryce Hall to play outside corner. Then we could trade Xavien for some good value.

What does this pick mean for Bobby McCain? Could we possibly try and trade McCain?

Do you really care about McCain? He is complete trash. He was below average in the slot so they moved him to safety, which is puzzling. He somehow manages to play smaller than he is. I cant believe he is still on the team.

Back
Top Bottom