Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene

--A QB with injury issues
--An LT who has upside, but an RT was needed. Could have traded to 13 for Wirfs.
--Now another CB?? A 1st round pick on a nickel CB?

....Not a fan of this draft at all.

You were never going to be happy.

Your concerns on injury history at 5, is respected. But....

First round pick on a nickel corner? So many better players available.
That is my beef. Hope I'm proved wrong for all the right reasons. For the record I was hoping Safety position. Close but another CB doesnt compute unless hes a shoe in at slot CB and a very decent one.

I wanted Isaiah Wilson at 26, but oh well, I can't complain at this point. A high-character press corner with two Olympian parents!?

Giddy-up.

I absolutely hate this pick with the talent left on the board, if we were to take Fulton I would not argue his talent. McKinney probably would have been the best pick for secondary.
i mean if we were a track and field team maybe I would be excited. he has poor instincts and will be a penalty machine in my opinion.
This team had a lot of holes to pass on more talented players. I think he will be a great special teams player though.
I think cbs sports liked him alot but its super meh to me with the players till on the board.
I wonder if he could play safety
Also he started two seasons at cb a total of 26 games not sure where people are getting this one season info.

Last edited:
If you read the kid’s profile it’s clear he’s a project and very raw. /QUOTE] I understand BUT..How many Raw players does our team have to take on? Its almost like over the last 20yrs it's ok to accept raw players with potential upside . How about STOP drafting or signing players that come in unpolished and raw. Its beginning to grate now

Groom him for a year behind Howard and Jones. Miami's not keeping the two highest paid NFL corners for too many years. Likely Howard gone after next year. Let Ibinoghene get experience in the slot and as depth outside in 2020 and go from there. Also like that he has some return skills, could mean in the future Miami doesn't have to use one of the wr slots on a returner.

Looks extremely raw but seems incredibly talented. You can never have too many corners in today's NFL. Not to mention Howard has had what, four or five knee injuries in four years? He's only played one full year.

I just watched some of this guys film and realized that he doesn’t play nickel and that he plays outside corner. With his length and Athleticism I think he is better suited to play Outside Corner. This either means we are trading X or Brian Flores is bringing him into play Safety alongside Rowe. What are your all’s thoughts about this?

I have no idea what type of player he will be but I know that the value was not there. We could have went best RB or S which were both need areas and came back tomorrow and filled the other need, got this guy at 56. I mean walk out with Tua, Jackson, Swift/McKinney tomorrow Dobbins/Winfield. Now one of our need areas will be looking at a 4th or 5th option instead of our pick. Typical Dolphin drafting.
A team like Baltimore needs a LB. They get on the clock and take? The best LB. That is why they are consistently good and we are not. McKinney or Swift just sitting there. Now instead of having the best at their position and an area of need they both may be gone.

So let me get this straight......

You trade out of 26 to a team that wanted a QB and STILL get the short end according to the draft chart. Then.... you sit at 30 with the 2 best safeties and the 2 best RB’s on the board and you draft a kid with a mid 2nd round or 3rd round grade at CB. All the while you have the most expensive set of CBs in the league??

This proves that Grier has no idea what he’s doing in the draft. Tua fell to us. And Jackson is an inexperienced LT when we need a RT. Basically, a project like Igbanana.

The draft is about Value. Getting the best value for each and every pick. We got it at 5 and then not even close at 18 and 30. Terrible first round.

Looks extremely raw but seems incredibly talented. You can never have too many corners in today's NFL. Not to mention Howard has had what, four or five knee injuries in four years? He's only played one full year.

Sure but at 30? He is a late 2nd guy and a backup at the moment. Our RB core is putrid and we have a hole at S and need a C for that matter. We have Needham, Jones and Howard. Just bad.

So let me get this straight......

You trade out of 26 to a team that wanted a QB and STILL get the short end according to the draft chart. Then.... you sit at 30 with the 2 best safeties and the 2 best RB’s on the board and you draft a kid with a mid 2nd round or 3rd round grade at CB. All the while you have the most expensive set of CBs in the league??

This proves that Grier has no idea what he’s doing in the draft. Tua fell to us. And Jackson in an inexperienced LT when we need a RT. Basically, a project like Igbanana.

The draft is about Value. Getting the best value for each and every pick. We got it at 5 and the not even close at 18 and 30. Terrible first round.

Totally agreed

Though this is not the position I thought they would pick (Thinking Saftie), and he's not the Corner I would expect...Miami's Defense Replies a lot on the secondary, and this kid does seem to have a lot of heart, with little quit in him.
Yeah, we gotta remember these guys are being drafted to play for Flores. Flores knows the DB position very well and how he wants them to fit into his defense. Clearly, he thinks he'll get more out of this kid.

Back
Top Bottom