Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene

Nickle corners play many more downs than ILBs these days.

Downhill thumpers like McMillian and Baker are less important than your nickel.

I wanted one in this draft but was thinking third day.

I’m not suggesting I’m for or against the pick. Just that I understand why they took him now. I’m generally not a fan of projects - especially when taken in round 1. So these kids need to develop into studs and quickly.

Rankings are great but we have a hole at S with the best S rated as a top 15-20 player sitting there. We have a journey man plodder in Howard as our best RB option meanwhile we have 36 mil invested in CB's. Not an area of need or for sake of argument not better value than the other players. We will see.

I agree those spots are needs but I don't think a safety who is a little on the slower side is worth a top 15-20 pick. I also don't think 1st round picks should be used on running backs outside of extremely rare prospects. I'm perfectly content to fill both those spots tomorrow.

Haven't seen much of him, but did watch a highlight video and realized he needs to be taught to turn his head and look for the ball more.

It’s laughable to me all the fans crying over players they think MIA should have selected already that none of the other 31 teams have selected either.

How ridiculous is that?

Clearly the Dolphins align with every other team in not valuing those players inside the first 32 picks.

They still have #39 and 11 other draft picks in which to leverage for players they covet or to add to their 2021 haul.

I believe they’ve played their hand beautifully.

Didn’t trade up and waste assets. Still got their QB.

Traded down and still landed the highest player on their board late first round. And added a 4th rounder in doing so.

3 of the top 4 RB’s are still on the board. All of the Safeties are on the board. So why take one when they could take another player they liked that might not be there?

As soon as a run on RB or S begins, they have the means to trade up to still get one.

They’re playing it really smart.

He's actually the best tackling CB in draft.

The loudest whiners tend to be the least knowledgeable. I’ll bet the guy never even heard of him, which is why he foolishly assumes he’s not any good.

Flores speciality is identifying and developing players like this kid. I’ll trust he knows more than some of these weekend warriors.

I was surprised by the pick but I like that there is a clear philosophical choice being made. In the chicken vs egg scenario applied to defense, we value corners above pass rushers. Our coaches and FO believe that it’s easier or more effective to find and retain man cover guys and create coverage sacks than it is to dump capital into pass rushers.

And whether you agree or not, you should be excited that there is a common understanding between the coaching staff and FO.

Rankings are great but we have a hole at S with the best S rated as a top 15-20 player sitting there. We have a journey man plodder in Howard as our best RB option meanwhile we have 36 mil invested in CB's. Not an area of need or for sake of argument not better value than the other players. We will see.
we didn't have to get a rb with out first though. We have a lot of picks and there's a lot of good rbs that will be available in the 2nd and even third rd for us probably. Maybe they didn't like mckinney and who knows, maybe they feel they can get a good safety or rb on second day. I want a pass rusher too, who knows if miami will get one or when, but hopefully that's addressed too.

It’s laughable to me all the fans crying over players they think MIA should have selected already that none of the other 31 teams have selected either.

How ridiculous is that?

Clearly the Dolphins align with every other team in not valuing those players inside the first 32 picks.

They still have #39 and 11 other draft picks in which to leverage for players they covet or to add to their 2021 haul.

I believe they’ve played their hand beautifully.

Didn’t trade up and waste assets. Still got their QB.

Traded down and still landed the highest player on their board late first round. And added a 4th rounder in doing so.

3 of the top 4 RB’s are still on the board. All of the Safeties are on the board. So why take one when they could take another player they liked that might not be there?

As soon as a run on RB or S begins, they have the means to trade up to still get one.

They’re playing it really smart.

I am not saying I hate the pick but we picked a guy in the 1st round that won’t start. You pick a McKinny and he is more than likely starting, you pick Swift he is starting or playing a **** load of snaps, a good C starts. As for guys nobody wanted. I guarantee if we hadn’t picked this guy he would be on the board tomorrow and go after Swift and or McKinny so not sure of your point. Guy may turn out good but the value was not there.

we didn't have to get a rb with out first though. We have a lot of picks and there's a lot of good rbs that will be available in the 2nd and even third rd for us probably. Maybe they didn't like mckinney and who knows, maybe they feel they can get a good safety or rb on second day. I want a pass rusher too, who knows if miami will get one or when, but hopefully that's addressed too.

You are right but if I have a choice of the best RB or a guy a lot of people ranked 10th at his position, a guy considered a reach and a bit of a project, then I am taking the stud RB. Just me and yes we should be able to get RB tomorrow.

Doing more research on this guy and starting to warm to the pick

I am not saying I hate the pick but we picked a guy in the 1st round that won’t start. You pick a McKinny and he is more than likely starting, you pick Swift he is starting or playing a **** load of snaps, a good C starts. As for guys nobody wanted. I guarantee if we hadn’t picked this guy he would be on the board tomorrow and go after Swift and or McKinny so not sure of your point. Guy may turn out good but the value was not there.

First, you don’t know who is or who isn’t starting. But Flores clearly believed he will be a starting caliber player.

Secondly, again, McKinney hasn’t been selected yet. So clearly not one team shares your high opinion of him or any of the other safeties. Every single team was content to wait til at least the 2nd round.

Same goes for Swift. Not one of the 32 teams have selected him. When he gets selected, that’s where he was supposed to go.

Third, you can’t guarantee anything. You don’t have the first damn clue. Because you didn’t even know that MIA would select him at 30, so how could you know whether another team (or more) might have done the same around the same time? You don’t.

However all these teams talk to each other. They send their personnel to the same events. They get a much better idea who might be interested in a player they are also interested in.

Clearly MIA valued Igbinoghene where they selected him and/or believed he wouldn’t be there much longer. They were willing to move down from 26, but no further.

That tells me something.

Back
Top Bottom