Round 1, Pick 5: Tua Tagovailoa | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 5: Tua Tagovailoa

FWIW, Steph Curry has been often been labeled “injury prone“ as he suffered numerous ankle sprains and missed time early in his career and just missed most of last season.

Last time I checked, the dude has a couple championship rings and is still one of the top players in his sport.

IDC if Tua suffered a couple injuries in college. He still has Steph-like ability to be a top player in his sport and be a part of a championship team. He has that type of talent, skill, leadership and work ethic.

BTW, despite the injuries, Tua still managed to lead a team to a Nat’l Championship and 2 title game appearances.

I’ll gladly take that in MIA.

watching all these youtube videos on Tua it hit me. I remember reading back in the day about Franco Harris
taking **** for always running out of bounds. it struck me as weird logic. do you want Franco Harris for 14 games
every season, for 12 years or do you want a fraction more YPC? Tua needs to change the mindset. a ****ed up ankle
ain't worth it for a first down. Saban said it, its OK to kick. we need a competitor but one that picks his battles

watching all these youtube videos on Tua it hit me. I remember reading back in the day about Franco Harris
taking **** for always running out of bounds. it struck me as weird logic. do you want Franco Harris for 14 games
every season, for 12 years or do you want a fraction more YPC? Tua needs to change the mindset. a ****ed up ankle
ain't worth it for a first down. Saban said it, its OK to kick. we need a competitor but one that picks his battles

I think that they will most definitely work with Tua on protecting himself. His injuries concerned me and I have called him a China doll but he is worth the risk.

Not an ESPN fan but good conversation here on our pick. Also heard he asked for all the Offensive players numbers to call and get to know them. :up:

First 2 WRs off the board are Alabama WRs. Did Tagovailoa make them, or did they make him? I really hope it's the former.
I believe it was a symbiotic relationship. They were that good because of Tua and Tua was that good because of them. Just replace their names in your mind with Parker and Willaims.

im gonna be honest, ive never been big on alabama qbs (hes the 1st to be drafted in round 1 since 1976 so i guess im somewhat vindicated here) and his injury does scare me a bit, from what ive been reading the other ones like his ankle n broken finger seemed more flukey than being "injury prone" per se but his hip injury is concerning for the long term and the question of will it hold up, im not a doctor and dont claim to be so i dont know the answer and wont pretend like i do. They said that the fact it was so bad actually helped because they were able to diagnose it immediately on the field and were able to prevent more damage or something like along those lines and that the injury is mostly seen in car accidents when your legs hit the dashboard but at the end of the day the potential reward here outweighs the risk and he had to be taken and im happy with it...aside from his talent on the field he seems like a really likeable humble guy as well.

Last edited:

The throws are truly amazing. The multiple color commentators can’t hide their awe of his passes. You can always here them saying “what a throw” under their breath in every video.

Back
Top Bottom