Rt's Passer Rating | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rt's Passer Rating

I’m not taking anything away from Tannehill he played well that game but to say it’s all him, makes me want to puke.
Bolden did have a 6 yard TD due to some nice throws by Tannehill, but did you not see that 54 yard scamper as well by Bolden? And Gores power running for big yardage.
I see the whole picture not just the guy tossing the rock.

Again. I didn't say it was all Tannehill. Perhaps we are arguing for no reason. I love having a running game to help the QB.

Think the argument with the other poster just flowed into my discussion with you. Sorry man.:lol:

np. Now let's rush for 300 yards against Minn!!!! I would love to have a balanced attack for the rest of the year. So crucial in the playoffs and Tannehill is really good at play action. Combine that with some moving of the pocket and they can protect the OL.

np. Now let's rush for 300 yards against Minn!!!! I would love to have a balanced attack for the rest of the year. So crucial in the playoffs and Tannehill is really good at play action. Combine that with some moving of the pocket and they can protect the OL.
Exactly! All I want to see is more wins and more power Football from Gase.

Those 2 TDs by Brandon Bolden were the main reason they were in this game. Yeah Tannehills QB rating was good, but to say that “17 was the ONLY reason” they were in that game shows blind loyalty to him. If not for those runs this game wouldn’t have even been close for them to even try that “miracle”.
To me that shows Belichick's respect for Tannehill. If it were Pennington, there would have been 8 in the box to stop Bolden.

I’m happy about the win but some of you guys are making it sound like Tanehill gun slang us to a victory. He had 19 passes. I think that’s best way to use him efficiently. If he throws over 30 times we normally lose. A good game manager who can whip it downfield can win games in the NFL.

I’ve gotten hyped on him a few times before only to be let down with a really ugly performance. This will be a real test us for us but it’s completely winnable. Let’s go RT #PhinsUp

I’m happy about the win but some of you guys are making it sound like Tanehill gun slang us to a victory. He had 19 passes. I think that’s best way to use him efficiently.

That's what happens when your defense can't stop the other team and you have a decent game running the ball. They just didn't have a chance to run many plays.

That's what happens when your defense can't stop the other team and you have a decent game running the ball. They just didn't have a chance to run many plays.

Or he just plays better as a game manager type of QB. In the year before Gase got here he had 12 games of 30 attempts or more. In 2016 he had 6 I think and this year he’s had 1 and he’s having his best year statistically

The next 3 games are crucial in the evaluation of RT for next year.
He doesn’t necessarily have to carry the team, but when there are setbacks (blocked punts, fumbles etc) and the team’s back is against the wall, he needs to convert 3rd downs and make clutch throws to extend drives.
What he can’t afford are games like the 1st game up in Gillette stadium (100 yds passing)
I’m curious to see how hungry he plays as his team is fighting for a playoff spot.

Or he just plays better as a game manager type of QB. In the year before Gase got here he had 12 games of 30 attempts or more. In 2016 he had 6 I think and this year he’s had 1 and he’s having his best year statistically
With our pass protection, the less any QB has to drop back the better.

If Tannehill, or any Dolphins QB has to throw 30+ times, it's bad news.

We can't consistently protect the passer. Has nothing to do with Tannehill and some "game manager" concept.

You protect him and put him out there to throw 35 times, he is going to light the other team's ass up.

Eh. Tannehill has shown at times in his career that he can be prolific when he has a good offense around him and is asked to throw the ball a lot. We actually did that a few times under Joe Philbin. Philbin supposedly didn't believe in Tannehill and wanted to replace him, but then asked him to go out there and throw the ball a hell of a lot more than most quarterbacks are asked to do so. And the Dolphins did win a lot of games doing that.

But I think that until he shows more mastery of this offense and he has better weapons to work with (specifically, we need some kind of production from the TE position), he has to be protected, coddled, whatever you want to call it with a strong running game.

This offense is not prepared to go out and sling the rock 40 times a game. Quarterback needs to get healthy (especially that shoulder, I actually wonder if he's on a pitch count), pass protection needs to be addressed, we need more receiving talent, and then Ryan Tannehill needs to be able to execute everything consistently at a very high level. We're not there yet in this offense.

With our pass protection, the less any QB has to drop back the better.

If Tannehill, or any Dolphins QB has to throw 30+ times, it's bad news.

We can't consistently protect the passer. Has nothing to do with Tannehill and some "game manager" concept.

You protect him and put him out there to throw 35 times, he is going to light the other team's *** up.

Maybe but he hasn’t shown that yet imo. Even in his good 8 game stretch in 2016 he was averaging 215 yards. So far his good stretches have been more as a game manager with a nice downfield threat ala Alex Smith. Not sure I agree with him throwing it 35 times lighting people up yet. I hope he gets there

Last edited:
Maybe but he’s never shown that yet. Even in his good 8 game stretch in 2016 he was averaging 215 yards. So far his good stretches have been more as a game manager with a nice downfield threat ala Alex Smith. Not sure I agree with him throwing it 35 times lighting people up yet. I hope he gets there
A legit shootout with good protection and lots of throws is a rarity for us.

When he's had to drop back lots of times, we're trailing, trying to come back, the defense is pinning their ears back, the Oline is getting beat, and he's getting slaughtered.

Back
Top Bottom