Rt's Passer Rating | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rt's Passer Rating

because RT is aging

Remember when he was drafted this good looking young guy with a hot wife. Now the hairline appears to be going, the bald patch on the back of his head is growing, very evident on the videos of him running down field to celebrate with Drake, helmetless. He'll look like Terry Bradshaw before we know it. Father time is a cruel bed fellow :)

As long as there is a breathe in my lungs, I'll welcome to the dogpiling.

I posted this here on another page the other day and felt really good about it.

LMAO at the idiots who think Tannehill doesn't deserve credit for the Miami Miracle. 17 is the ONLY reason the Dolphins were in that game.

The law averages was in play on Sunday. I love Kenyan Drake, was thrilled we drafted him and feel very confident in his future but he owed RT big time. The missed blocks and dropped passes were not acceptable anymore.

Ryan Tannehill doesn't need me or anyone else to defend him but.....

I'll

NEVER

STOP.

Neither will I....

I admit, I don't know the differences between various QBRs. I look at QBRs, see who's ranked high, who's ranked low, and see if the results look sane. If 'yes,' they're not garbage. Whether or not they're relevant is a different discussion.

ESPN's total QBR is a flat out joke. If you put any stock in that number, you can wind up thinking Blake Bortles is better than Drew Brees.

It's some garbage 'analytics' they cook up in the back room at their hot take factory and they don't even tell you what all of the ingredients are. And the things that we know DO go into it are downright silly. You penalize a quarterback's 'clutchness' factor if his defense gives up a score right after he leads a potential game winning drive? Get outta here. Fake news.

LMAO at the idiots who think Tannehill doesn't deserve credit for the Miami Miracle. 17 is the ONLY reason the Dolphins were in that game.

I don't agree with that. Frank Gore was great. The Patriots also let Miami stay in the game with some stupid decisions. Their kicker missed a field goal and an extra point.

Ryan Tannehill was really good in that game, I'll agree with that, but let's not go overboard.

Any way you slice it, RT provided Miami with what it was long searching for- a QB good enough to get to a Super Bowl.

That they havent gotten there in his seven seasons is not on him. If you were hoping for a QB to carry a team to deep playoffs in spite of bad coaching, injured temmates, weak Off lines, etc....

well, i feel sorry for your loss and agree that wouldve been quite awesome to have. Dear Santa...

The law averages was in play on Sunday. I love Kenyan Drake, was thrilled we drafted him and feel very confident in his future but he owed RT big time. The missed blocks and dropped passes were not acceptable anymore.

I'll

NEVER

STOP.

Lol. Before the final play the dolphins had 176 rushing yards (not counting tannehills 13 yards) and 160 net passing yards. But yea, it was tannehill who carried them looool

Neither will I....

When it's time to drag his ass off the field, i'll be the first to say it.

Nothing that transpires (injuries notwithstanding) the last 3 weeks of the regular season will alter the off season agenda.

The contract/cap hit needs to be addressed. I am ok with adding two years to his deal, surely he would want 4-5. I can't say I am not concerned about the contract issue, because I am.

Tom Brady has left a lot of money on the table in order to help his squad remain competitive. We really need RT to realize any glory attached to his name will come from propelling the franchise that drafted him to the heights they haven't seen in almost 5 decades.

Surely the NYG will salivate at the thought of a adding a QB like RT for no draft compensation.

Denver....

Jacksonville....

I promise anyone willing to listen to the Minnesota Vikings would gladly pay RT the $56 Million guaranteed salary over the next two years instead of Kirk Cousins.

And we haven't even discussed (i've had nightmares) about the potential of RT replacing Brady in NE.

Tannehill is good but not great. There’s no shame in that. We still should draft a quarterback high in the draft because RT is aging and his injuries are piling up.
Now that's a reasoned assessment and approach I can endorse.

I fell in love with Mayfield, mostly due to his intangibles and winner mindset at the beginning of last season. Although it's no secret I'm a Tannehill supporter, Mayfield, not any of the others, IMO, had the potential to unseat Tannehill.

Between RT's health and Baker's high potential, before he flew up the draft charts, I was advocating even trading up for him and then letting them duke it out in camp in a win-win scenario. I didn't feel as comfortable as Rosen with I did Baker, but would have been ok if he fell to us; so far what I've seen of him isn't at all impressive.

Any way you slice it, RT provided Miami with what it was long searching for- a QB good enough to get to a Super Bowl.

That they havent gotten there in his seven seasons is not on him. If you were hoping for a QB to carry a team to deep playoffs in spite of bad coaching, injured temmates, weak Off lines, etc....

well, i feel sorry for your loss and agree that wouldve been quite awesome to have. Dear Santa...

Agree with a tweak. "That they havent gotten there in his seven seasons is not TOTALLY on him." He shares the blame, but blame is widespread. And I agree about "good enough." Given there are few few elite QBs, most teams have to make do with "good enough."

I'll

NEVER

STOP.
Those 2 TDs by Brandon Bolden were the main reason they were in this game. Yeah Tannehills QB rating was good, but to say that “17 was the ONLY reason” they were in that game shows blind loyalty to him. If not for those runs this game wouldn’t have even been close for them to even try that “miracle”.

When it's time to drag his *** off the field, i'll be the first to say it.

Nothing that transpires (injuries notwithstanding) the last 3 weeks of the regular season will alter the off season agenda.

The contract/cap hit needs to be addressed. I am ok with adding two years to his deal, surely he would want 4-5. I can't say I am not concerned about the contract issue, because I am.

Tom Brady has left a lot of money on the table in order to help his squad remain competitive. We really need RT to realize any glory attached to his name will come from propelling the franchise that drafted him to the heights they haven't seen in almost 5 decades.

Surely the NYG will salivate at the thought of a adding a QB like RT for no draft compensation.

Denver....

Jacksonville....

I promise anyone willing to listen to the Minnesota Vikings would gladly pay RT the $56 Million guaranteed salary over the next two years instead of Kirk Cousins.

And we haven't even discussed (i've had nightmares) about the potential of RT replacing Brady in NE.

100% agree.

Those 2 TDs by Brandon Bolden were the main reason they were in this game. Yeah Tannehills QB rating was good, but to say that “17 was the ONLY reason” they were in that game shows blind loyalty to him. If not for those runs this game wouldn’t have even been close for them to even try that “miracle”.

You're assuming we don't score on those drives without the runs. You could make a case for the first TD but not the second. In fact, that run just cost Tannehill another TD pass. His rating would have been even higher.

You're assuming we don't score on those drives without the runs. You could make a case for the first TD but not the second. In fact, that run just cost Tannehill another TD pass. His rating would have been even higher.
I don’t play the shoulda coulda woulda game. I go by what I saw during the game. And Bolden had 2 Tds, so Tannehill wasn’t the “only reason” they were in that game. To discredit Bolden for those scores is completely ignorant.

This guys gets all the excuses. No line, no coach,no receivers and no defense. But give him another year after year to be a .500 qb.
Today the line was ok, receivers were good and and the RB backs were great. And we barely won. The Pats list this game. Maybe the coaches see him as a game manager and not a franchise qb.

Ok troll, go away

Back
Top Bottom