Rt's Passer Rating | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rt's Passer Rating

I thought he was OK in the Titans game, good in the Jets game, good in the Raiders game, awful in the Patriots game, and overall OK in the Bengals game. I thought he was good vs the Colts, marginal vs the Bills, and very good today. To me, that is up and down.

Am I splitting hairs?

All I know is that I think Miami is very likely to move on to another QB next season, and I don't object to that. With that said, I still think he is a good starting quarterback, so all I can say is that I hope the team gets it right with his replacement, because you're looking to upgrade from good and that's a pretty big risk at that position.

The fact you marked him down for the bills game shows you have no idea about anything football. No quarterback would perform well w the type of pressure they gave up, he was basically getting smacked every play from blown assignments or horrible losses by the line.

Those 2 TDs by Brandon Bolden were the main reason they were in this game. Yeah Tannehills QB rating was good, but to say that “17 was the ONLY reason” they were in that game shows blind loyalty to him. If not for those runs this game wouldn’t have even been close for them to even try that “miracle”.
When it comes to having a completed pass, ... well it takes two (or more) to tango.

I don't agree with that. Frank Gore was great. The Patriots also let Miami stay in the game with some stupid decisions. Their kicker missed a field goal and an extra point.

Ryan Tannehill was really good in that game, I'll agree with that, but let's not go overboard.

You have to go overboard when discussing the matter but I certainly agree that credit needs to be shared. Too many people are viewing the entire game as just that last play. I don't even judge the guy from game to game. He's been a constant for a very long time.

Miami let New England stay in the game a lot more than vice versa when it came to special teams mistakes that needed to be over come.

Let's not confuse things.....

If we swapped QB's with New England, on this day, we would've had no chance with Tom Brady. Blasphemy, I know. You can't side step behind our OL because our guys will just step on you themselves.

And no Xavien Howard to boot....

The fact you marked him down for the bills game shows you have no idea about anything football. No quarterback would perform well w the type of pressure they gave up, he was basically getting smacked every play from blown assignments or horrible losses by the line.

I'm going to rewatch every dropback of Tannehill in that game and reevaluate, since I'm bored at my desk right now. Let's see if I feel differently in about eight minutes.

Well, I'll tell you this: I count five missed throws that could have been nice gains. Some that just died on him in the air (two by my count) and three that he just overthrew (pushing the ball to compensate?). Those look to me like a clear case of his shoulder just not having enough juice in it. But they're still missed throws. I put the interception partially on Stills, who looked like he slipped and didn't make a credible play on the ball. I do think he showed nice movement in the pocket and did a good job of going through his reads and making good decisions when he had time.

Saying that he had a marginal performance is probably a bit harsh. If I'm being honest, I would take that performance pretty much ten times out of ten from a quarterback who is playing with a somewhat serious shoulder injury.

Oh, really?

Hmmm.....
Love it, you gotta deflect your answer to some hyperbole, when you know that the statement of the “only reason” was because of Tannehill is a total farce. I know you’re a player first fan instead of a team first kinda guy, I mean it just drips from every post you post.

Those 2 TDs by Brandon Bolden were the main reason they were in this game. Yeah Tannehills QB rating was good, but to say that “17 was the ONLY reason” they were in that game shows blind loyalty to him. If not for those runs this game wouldn’t have even been close for them to even try that “miracle”.

Easy to say that. It's Jay Ajayi all over again. 3 big games and he's the reason we made the playoffs. I don't think so.

Week to week different player's are contributing. No one is doing it every week other than the QB, who played just as well in the loss to Indy that he did 2 days ago.

The entire offense actually played pretty well (for their individual talent levels).

Keep defending Hard Rock Ryan, the rest will take care of itself.

Also, using the word ONLY in caps misrepresented what I was trying to convey. The consistency needed from the QB position every week to be in these positions is what I was eluding too. Football often comes down to the last play but it's obviously a culmination of 70 or 80 plays.

That's why one play doesn't make an evaluation, positive or negative.

Love it, you gotta deflect your answer to some hyperbole, when you know that the statement of the “only reason” was because of Tannehill is a total farce. I know you’re a player first kinda guy.

A. I'm not deflecting anything

B. I didn't say that Tannehill was the only reason

C. I credited Bolden with the long TD run

D. If you want to stick with the idea that a 6 yard TD run couldn't have been scored any other way (on a drive that included 43 yard and 10 yard passes) go ahead.... NE had just scored. The first play from scrimmage in response was a 43 yard strike to Stills or did you not "see" that?

A. I'm not deflecting anything

B. I didn't say that Tannehill was the only reason

C. I credited Bolden with the long TD run

D. If you want to stick with the idea that a 6 yard TD run couldn't have been scored any other way (on a drive that included 43 yard and 10 yard passes) go ahead.... NE had just scored. The first play from scrimmage in response was a 43 yard strike to Stills or did you not "see" that?

I’m not taking anything away from Tannehill he played well that game but to say it’s all him, makes me want to puke.
Bolden did have a 6 yard TD due to some nice throws by Tannehill, but did you not see that 54 yard scamper as well by Bolden? And Gores power running for big yardage.
I see the whole picture not just the guy tossing the rock.

I thought he was OK in the Titans game, good in the Jets game, good in the Raiders game, awful in the Patriots game, and overall OK in the Bengals game. I thought he was good vs the Colts, marginal vs the Bills, and very good today. To me, that is up and down.

OK
Good
Good
Awful
OK
Good
? Marginal (I would say Good)
Very good

I'd say that is mostly up.

Back
Top Bottom