Rumor from inside sources around the fins complex | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor from inside sources around the fins complex

We could talk about this until we're blue in the face but in the end the folks who want Ricky back will still want him back and the people who don't ever want to see him in a Dolphins uniform again will still feel the same way. I have mixed feelings about taking him back or trading him and I'll tell you guys why. I want what's best for the Dolphins and here are 2 possible scenario's where dealing with Ricky incorrectly could make this whole thing even worse.

Scenario 1 - We take Ricky Williams back and trade him for virtually nothing, becuase any other team would be nuts to give up anything good for him, he gets his head screwed on right and is a better RB then anyone we have for the next 4 or 5 years. That IMHO would suck more then anything.

Scenario 2 - We take Ricky back and he stays with Miami but puts in a half hearted effort and retires after he makes enough money to better his situation. We look bad and get screwed by him again.

There is rick involved either way that needs to be weighed before anything is done with Ricky. The only way there isn't risk is if he stays out of football.

Boomer said:
Sports fans are so fickle. The second he breaks a long one, people won't care. It's "what have you done for me lately" that people remember.

Sports fans may not care, but the guys on the team will always have the thought of Ricky quitting again in the back of their minds, no matter how many long runs he breaks.

I look at this from a player's standpoint, because I was a player. He'd have to do a hell of a lot to earn my trust back, and even then, I would always wonder if he's going to up and quit again. You simply cannot rely on people who are as mentally unstable as this guy is.

Angry as we all were, or still are at Rickey, he did run for 1500 yards behind a very poor line. He is most likely going to line up and play better than anyone we could draft, in and including the big three. He can go into training and within 3 or 4 months start to look alot like his old self. The huge plus here is that we can draft a franchise type Quarterback. I'm aware that the QB could be a bust but we have to look at the upside. We can bring the new guy along slowly, groom him the right way in a QB friendly system and give him every chance to excel so I say let Rickey come back and pick Rodgers or Smith, whomever Saban and Linehan prefer. Later in the draft upgrade the center position, safety and wide reciever. This would be a WAY better offense than last year. Maybe our new QB could help us sooner than later, ala Big Ben. So far Saban seems very smart, unlike our last Coach.

Justasportsfan said:
Saban wants to know where to buy maryjanes. :redeye:

Take your sarcastic remarks to another board, and you wonder why people get hostile with Bills fans who post!

juniorseau55 said:
Ricky Williams will return to the dolphins Roster. Coach Nick Saban has been trying in the last couple of weeks to get the runningback to come back to the dolphins to provide depth and a starting Role for the dolphins. Saban has been developing a relationship with the former star runningback. I will update you with this news sometime later tommorow or as soon as today. This is good news to some but for the bitter dolphins fan it might be bad news.

And this comes from ... who? The Janitor? That would be the same source as the Dolphin Beat writers.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Exactly!!!....

I've been saying that since day one, when all of this "Ricky Returning" business started. The minute he breaks loose, and take one the distance, the Phinz fans will be cheering louder than ever. Those boos he receives when he first hits the field will be short lasted IMO....

Risky is too good of a RB to be held down very long. I can't wait for him to make a comeback, and he'll be more motivated than ever now that he has something to prove....

PHINZ RULE!!!
I totally agree with you!.....and Lacuna coil are very good.

I think you hit this topic right on the spot with your post. This is probably the best Ricky Williams post ....Good Job man...

We could talk about this until we're blue in the face but in the end the folks who want Ricky back will still want him back and the people who don't ever want to see him in a Dolphins uniform again will still feel the same way. I have mixed feelings about taking him back or trading him and I'll tell you guys why. I want what's best for the Dolphins and here are 2 possible scenario's where dealing with Ricky incorrectly could make this whole thing even worse.

KB21 said:
Sports fans may not care, but the guys on the team will always have the thought of Ricky quitting again in the back of their minds, no matter how many long runs he breaks.

I look at this from a player's standpoint, because I was a player. He'd have to do a hell of a lot to earn my trust back, and even then, I would always wonder if he's going to up and quit again. You simply cannot rely on people who are as mentally unstable as this guy is.

I've got to agree with KB and FishyPete on having Williams back. Leopards don't change their spots and 28 year olds don't either. I really don't care about him smoking pot, that's not the point. He let everyone down who counted on him. Coaches,teamates, the owner, fans. Then his story kept changing and he didn't even have the backbone to go tell his coaches or teammates he was quitting in person.

Ricky's had his second chance (when he came to Miami that was his 2nd chance), let him have his third some place else. Saban's regime is a fresh start for the team, having Ricky around would be detrimental to creating a real team atmosphere. I think Saban will be making a huge mistake to count on Williams, he's already proven he's unreliable . Saban would be sending a terrible message to the rest of the team by allowing him back. If Saban can get something for the rights to Ricky...fine, but I hope he never wears a Dolphin uniform again. He isn't worthy.

I've been a Miami Dolphin fan since 1971 and yes I will continue be a fan even if Ricky is back on the team, but i won't like it. Pete's right about the tradition of the Dolphins. Some things are more important than winning. Coach Shula's set the standard by wining within the rules and refusing to use tactics that weren't within the spirit of the rules. We don't need Ricky Williams to win. He's not the missing piece to making the SuperBowl in the next two years. Let's just move on.

Boomer said:
And I say again, you wouldn't be happy if he rushed for 2000 yards and won us the SB?

Just want to hear you say yes or no.

I'll be jumping up and down, because it won't be because of him. We've already seen the best of Ricky with his 1800 yds, and no playoffs. But I will never, ever be happy to see him in a Dolphins Uniform again.

If he does come back and breaks a 90 yrd TD, I'll be jumping up and down screaming because my team just scored, but instead of clapping, I'm going to be flicking him off the whole time.

Now, let him make a public appology with no lame Dave overused me excuses, and I can change my views. After watching him on 60 minutes, he showed me he really don't give a crap what anyone, including his former teamates think. Such a selfish act, when it was all due to the dope, doing dope.

Jnaledu3 said:
Who cares. He still left.

Ricky deserves another chance, he worked his tail off the two years that he was here.

You can moan about it all you want, but Im sure that youll be happy when he busts a 60 yarder for a TD. Im sure somewhere along the line in all youre years, someone gave you a second chance--why does Ricky deserve different?

So he smoked pot. So did the last two presidents, not to mentioned the current one who smoked crack and was an alcoholic. Doesnt make Ricky look so bad, does it??

Those Presidents never quit at the last moment on our Country either.

Ricky had 3 chances with the NFL drug policy, and split the second he knew it was going public. Weed can be very addictive, and if he truely is addicted to it, he has shown nothing that warrants him wanting to quit. Saying I quit is one thing, doing it is another. You can bet, that after the way he slammed the NFL drug policy, saying how he got away with it along with a large portion of the NFL players, that he will be under extreme testing from here on out.

rickey

look i have no problem take rickey back even though he quit cause he what to smoke weed i think is was cause of dave wannsedt too

Back
Top Bottom