Rumor from inside sources around the fins complex | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor from inside sources around the fins complex

cnc66 said:
and I agree with 'pete. I will not change my mind no matter the rushing production. A traitor is a traitor and to me that is exactly what he is. No matter his personal boogymen he is responsible for his actions. If I got blind, blacked out drunk and injured someone how far would the defense of "oh, he has problems" go? I would be held responsible and so should he. I would be first in line to offer help and encouragement to Mr. Williams... but not in a Miami Dolphin uniform. Let him get his third chance somwhere else. I assure all of you that think great running production will change everyone's mind that some of us... me anyway, will not sell out my beliefs. Not once did I ever root FOR Thurman Thomas and not once will I ever root FOR Mr. Williams again.

Join Pete on the martyrs bench whilst we celebrate a Superbowl then.

WTF did Thomas ever do to you?

Jnaledu3 said:
Okay well, I guess if Ricky comes back- youre just going to have to find a new team. Everytime Ricky scores a TD- youre going to have to reach for the bottle of southern comfort. Good luck!!

Well...I'm hoping that smarter minds will prevail....and I don't drink.

Boomer said:
Clearly.

Maybe winning means more to me than it does to you.

That said, you'd have to be pretty dumb to play the martyr card that much when we are al celebrating a Superbowl win just because a guy decided to do something different with his life.

And I know you well on here and you're not dumb!

I am still pissed over Ricky choices this past year. I cant stand as a coach how he let his team down. However, working with young people, and being a coach, one of the most rewarding parts of my job is when guys like Ricky figure things out and turn it around. It doesnt happen all the time, but when it does its a fantastic experience. IF Ricky does come back, I really hope the best for him. Even if its not with the Dolphins. I'd love to have him return to his 1,800 yard form under Saban and change those negatives in his lifestyle. In fact if he made that transition I'd be a bigger fan than ever of #34

You guy ever think that if Ricky didn't desert us (or become a 'traitor' as some of you say), that we would still be stuck with Wannstedt and still have no chance of winning the SB in the near future, because we would just keep piling up those 9/10 win seasons with a team not good enough to go anywhere in the playoffs.

If you ask me, Ricky leaving this team may have been the best thing that ever happened to this franchise in the last 20 years (since we drafted Marino), because it opened the door for Saban and Co. I welcome him back with open arms if he can still play like Ricky, because in reality, he may have been the savior for this franchise in the first place.

blufftoni said:
You guy ever think that if Ricky didn't desert us (or become a 'traitor' as some of you say), that we would still be stuck with Wannstedt and still have no chance of winning the SB in the near future, because we would just keep piling up those 9/10 win seasons with a team not good enough to go anywhere in the playoffs.

If you ask me, Ricky leaving this team may have been the best thing that ever happened to this franchise in the last 20 years (since we drafted Marino), because it opened the door for Saban and Co. I welcome him back with open arms if he can still play like Ricky, because in reality, he may have been the savior for this franchise in the first place.

It would be one thing if he left because he was seeking an overthrow of the previous staff, but he didn't. His decision to leave turned out to be good for the team but you can't personally give him credit for it. ;)

lilcubanphinfan said:
minor will not be our featured backs and u should hear yourselves the ones saying oh i would take him back. thats bs do u know what he did yo our organization. he made us the laughing stock of the league. and befor almost every single one of you were saying how u hate ricky and all this other sh1t. now yoor all saying oh if saban wil take i will too. please. this is a businnes but there has to be some amount of emotion when signing people. and i got alot of emotion i would like to show him if i met him. dont be foolish the guy is a loser. and doesnt deserve to be on the dolphins.

Dude are you serious? Ricky did not make us the laughing stock of the leauge, DAVE WANDSTEDT did. Building your entire offense around one player when that player has the possibility of not being there for the rest of the season (for whatever reasons. ie injuries, dope, too much of a workload) is out right dumb. And what was even dumber is continuing to run that offense when that player is no longer there. What ricky did was bad for the organization but good for him. Does that make him selfish? yea, but does that make him wrong? I don't thik so. Teams have the right to cut or trade players with no questions asked. And most of the time what is the reason that they give? "cutting so and so was in the teams best intrest" So why can't players do what's in their best intrest? The NFL is hiporcritical and it disgusts me.

hey the fins will take ricky back, i believe it was something more to him leaving the way he did, especially when dealing with davey boy, i think he was tired of just running into o-line getting 1 yd carries the offense was spilt between who was or should be coordinator, all this stuff came out after the season, Ricky is still one of the top backs in the nfl period, if we don't take him someone else will and make use of his value

blufftoni said:

You know, you could be right, we could look back on this in 10 years and say wow, Ricky came here, provided a spark, got Wannstedt fired, and went on to win 2 Super Bowls with Saban and all is forgiven. But all we have to go on is what has happened so far and that is RW quitting on the team.

Phishstix said:
dave was gonna ricky into the ground, so ricky didn't let him. yea, it pissed all of us off, but the past is the past. today is a new day, linehan wouldn't run ricky 35-40 times a game, and nick at least has ricky listening. 30 lbs is nothing, ricky has 5 months to put on weight and get ready for training camp. ricky can help this team, so i'd be all for him coming back.

I agree 100%. DW was running the man right into a grave. Earl Campbell is a prime example. He looked like he was in terrible pain and having a hard time just walking when they had him on ESPN with Jerome Bettis.

Boomer said:
Sports fans are so fickle. The second he breaks a long one, people won't care. It's "what have you done for me lately" that people remember.
exactly all marino did was get injured and old and a lot of fans were calling for his head that season.:fire: (to be fair many were sad to say what they said, and asking for dan to be benched made sense, but there were many fans who were downright hateful about it in thier posts.)

Jnaledu3 said:
Okay well, I guess if Ricky comes back- youre just going to have to find a new team. Everytime Ricky scores a TD- youre going to have to reach for the bottle of southern comfort. Good luck!!

:roflmao: ....man you are too much. Bring Ricky back. Saban believes that he has some value, therefore I believe that as well.

fishypete said:
Ricky has no problem making new friends....he knows all the good drug dealers.

So he smokes weed and knows all of the drug dealers? Get over it man, your 53. The man has some problems and needs help. Instead of shun him, why not embrace him. He just isn't a rational individual and it has been documented.

Back
Top Bottom