Rumor: Jack will fall out of top ten | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Jack will fall out of top ten

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
One NFL personnel executive predicted to NJ.com that UCLA LB Myles Jack (knee) will fall out of the top-ten picks.

NJ.com's Mark Eckel makes it clear this executive does not work for a team in position to draft Jack and isn't "trying to allow him to drop for that reason" by spreading misinformation. "No," said the executive when Eckel mocked Jack to the Jaguars at No. 5. "(Jack) is going to drop. Teams are scared off by his knee. He's not going in the top 10." Another personnel executive echoed the concern. Jack will be Thursday night's biggest draft wild card.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/04/2016_nfl_draft_myles_jack_could_fall_out_of_top_10.html

I would take him at 13 in a heart beat.
What are your thoughts?

Im all in on Jack at 13. Everything I've read says he will play this season but they question his career longevity. Same with Ajayi who plays and feels fine according to him.

If he drops out of the top 5 due to his knee.....then we probably do not want him at #13. I do not care how talented he is.

People keep forgetting he & Jaylon Smith are TWENTY years old, Jack will be 21 in September (before Week 1 at that, will play his first game at age 20). 4 1/4 years younger than me to put it into perspective... He's young. With surgery advancing as much as it is, Jack's knee won't be as much of a concern as people are putting it out to be. He's my #1 player in this draft, aside from Tunsil.

Jack has a meniscus injury. I've been in the army and have torn the meniscus in both of my knees - the left one twice. After a while, it wears on you, but the the thing that is more concerning is the remaining cartilage in your knees. That concern comes from steroid injections that help alleviate the pain of missing a meniscus, but deteriorates the remaining cartilage in your knee. A lot of the time, if your meniscus isn't completely removed, you can get through it without injections. There is mild discomfort, but nothing that you can't push through. Eventually (and VERY recently) I was medically retired from the US Army as a result of complete loss of cartilage in my left knee and 80% loss of cartilage in my right. (Along with two shoulder surgeries and some other issues). Jack can get through this injury with strengthening the muscles around his injured knee and avoiding injections. If he can do that, then there should be no issues. If he is there at 13, and we don't draft him, I will be SO pissed off. He may be the best player in the draft. He's a freakish athlete that doesn't come along very often.

If he drops out of the top 5 due to his knee.....then we probably do not want him at #13. I do not care how talented he is.

That's not how you make these decisions. You hire the best medical analysts and trust them. If they sign off, then you take him.

if hes got microfracture surgery in his near future then I'm passing

Im all in on Jack at 13. Everything I've read says he will play this season but they question his career longevity. Same with Ajayi who plays and feels fine according to him.

You're basing this on 1 season, 49 attempts and 7 receptions? So at the very moment he starts needing days off and medical treatments to play the next game or practice, then "we all knew it would happen"? But until that very moment, no news is good news?

A player might defy and deny their body for a short period of time. Decision makers might think with their heart and commit with their authority. Fans might cheer blindly and hope for the best. But the human body decides when enough is enough.

How many ESPN 30 for 30s could we fill with players who tried to come back after devastating injuries and fell short?

Maybe he plays a year, 2 years, 3 years or 8. No one can predict how long, but most can feel absolutely certain that he is coming into the league with a major injury that is threatening his career.

And yes, you can make the argument that anyone can be injured at any time without foresight. But on draft day, can we at least draft players that ARE healthy and able to give 100% of themselves RIGHT NOW in the first couple of rounds?

Before we start building an entire team filled with players who have injuries and retreads?

i wonder if the the same people who would run to the podium to draft Jack are the same people who bash Albert for being "injury prone" and verbally beat him like a rented mule whenever his health is in doubt?

Can we please start drafting healthy players ready to contribute and place a priority on getting this team back to excellence?

I'll believe it when I see it.

With rumors of Jack and Hargreaves falling, and Philly trading up for a QB (helping Zeke's availability), its looking more and more like our best bet is staying put at 13 and seeing who falls to us.

Side note:

If Miami has had preliminary discussions with Cleveland for a trade back up to 8 for the 73rd pick, then the trade down with Philly is kind of genius. Miami gets two starters to slide 5 spots.
Now they have the option to give up a 3rd to get back to their original spot (probably what it would've cost to get both Alonso and Maxwell in a trade to stay at 8).
If Miami feels confident they could get their guy at 13, then they keep the third they would have sent to Philly for Maxwell and Alonso.

Gives Miami a little more flexibility by having that option as opposed to already dealing a 3rd round pick.

You know, as odd as this sounds, but if Jack somehow take a tumble into the 20's, I'd take a gamble and trade a future 1st and 4th or so for him. It won't happen, but it's fun to think about. That being said, I still am sticking to my gut and saying Tannenbaum does something stupid and somehow drafts Tredwell. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my gut. I hope I am.

Pass. What is our plan to go into the year with half our lbs on the fritz? We need a healthy youth injection. Especially at lb. Now if he drops to the 2nd round obviously that's a better deal. But like tanenbum said, the guy at 13 will be a starter.

You know, as odd as this sounds, but if Jack somehow take a tumble into the 20's, I'd take a gamble and trade a future 1st and 4th or so for him. It won't happen, but it's fun to think about. That being said, I still am sticking to my gut and saying Tannenbaum does something stupid and somehow drafts Tredwell. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my gut. I hope I am.

You're gonna trade a possible #1 overall pick for somebody who fell to the 20s on injury concerns?

just the potential to be able to stop te's for the first time in forever i take him at 13. the guy is a freak

Back
Top Bottom