Rumor: Jack will fall out of top ten | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Jack will fall out of top ten

Hasn't it been 3 years and like 400 carries since then?

He has been a Miami Dolphin for 1 year.

And my point is more to the fact that statements made by Ajayi or any player are always going to be positive, upbeat and confident. There is so much pressure placed on players with their wording. Asking a player how he feels has become a loyalty question.

If a player says he isn't feeling well, he's benched. His whole career can be jeopardized by one statement.

Players have to answer "I feel great", "I love my team" and "I'm ready to play". No intelligent player is going to jeopardize their job by stating something other than 100% optimism and "everything is ok".

So, using a player's statement as a basis for his current health is unfounded. Actual, true health doesn't lie. MRI's, X-Rays and other tests reveal actual health issues. And I'll further submit as the results are interpreted by an unbiased doctor.

But then again, any opinion provided by a true professional doctor would never be heard in public. So, again, we are left with conjecture. And thus, I go back to the analogy of smoke and fire. Where there is one, there is another.

There is no need to risk a 1st round pick on a kid who already has an injury history. Especially a major one.

I admit Cleveland is looking like a clear frontrunner for #1, but we play them head to head and if we lose that game, I think we have a real shot at it.

I mean, yeah, it depends heavily on injures, but look who we have on our team. Our good linemen can't stay healthy, our other linemen act like matadors as they let defenders dog pile Tannehill or crash into the legs of our good linemen, and we have about 3 people on the defensive side of the ball that deserve to see the field and losing 1 of them will kill us.

All of the above bolded type is also true of last year ... Were we the worst team then?

I think Tannehill I'll will play better under Gase. I can see is no worse than 8 wins and maybe 9 or 10 as long as the d holds up. What's the consensus...would M Jack help us?

He has been a Miami Dolphin for 1 year.

And my point is more to the fact that statements made by Ajayi or any player are always going to be positive, upbeat and confident. There is so much pressure placed on players with their wording. Asking a player how he feels has become a loyalty question.

If a player says he isn't feeling well, he's benched. His whole career can be jeopardized by one statement.

Players have to answer "I feel great", "I love my team" and "I'm ready to play". No intelligent player is going to jeopardize their job by stating something other than 100% optimism and "everything is ok".

So, using a player's statement as a basis for his current health is unfounded. Actual, true health doesn't lie. MRI's, X-Rays and other tests reveal actual health issues. And I'll further submit as the results are interpreted by an unbiased doctor.

But then again, any opinion provided by a true professional doctor would never be heard in public. So, again, we are left with conjecture. And thus, I go back to the analogy of smoke and fire. Where there is one, there is another.

There is no need to risk a 1st round pick on a kid who already has an injury history. Especially a major one.

The injury that caused him to drop in the draft was at least 3 years and 400 carries ago, well before his time in Miami.

At this time of the year, this rumor could very well be a rumor started by a team (like the Phins) outside the top 5 that hopes he falls because this story.

Here, IMO, is a good rule. For those who didn't like the Dion Jordan, Parker, Ajayi, Maxwell, or KA signings due to injuries, they were cleared by the same medical staff that will evaluate Jack. If they can't be trusted on those guys, they will be no more competent on Jack. As for me, I'd lve to get him at #13, but have heard contradictory opinions on recovery trajectory/affects.

Maxwell couldn't even do a push up or bench press during his physical. There is a reason teams like trading with us.

"Talk about the wrong stuff."

IIRC, Maxwell had a separated shoulder. I saw a couple of those in my HS career. The recovery is slow but I've seen no affects that reduced ability. If that is, indeed, Maxwell's problem, it shouldn't affect his play.

All of the above bolded type is also true of last year ... Were we the worst team then?

I feel like the team is significantly worse than last year (OV and Miller and Grimes as much as people want to bash him), I don't trust Tannenbaum to add decent talent, and frankly it's a miracle Tannehill is still alive. Coaching is probably better but by how much?

What if Hargreaves, Elliot, and Jack are there at 13. Who do you take?

I still take Jack.

I feel like the team is significantly worse than last year (OV and Miller and Grimes as much as people want to bash him), I don't trust Tannenbaum to add decent talent, and frankly it's a miracle Tannehill is still alive. Coaching is probably better but by how much?
Personnel changes were few. On O, only Miller and Matthews are missing. Yes, there is competition for some jobs, but last year's starters are still there. Not saying Miller/Matthews were of little value, but adding EE would solve a lot of that. On D, I see no drop off from OV to Mario, and again almost all starters are back. Grimes? Exposed as weak against alpha receivers and couldn't cover elite quick guys. If Miami doesn't get EE, any of the top CBs will help the secondary. And that leaves a lot of unknowns whether the new guys are better or worse. I see Miami's talent as slightly worse but hope real NFL coaches can bridge the gap.

Back
Top Bottom