Rumor: Jack will fall out of top ten | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Jack will fall out of top ten

Jack at 13 would be a tough decision. Man we have to get this right. Great player.
Knee issues. I really don't like drafting injured players. But he could be the next big thing.

You're basing this on 1 season, 49 attempts and 7 receptions? So at the very moment he starts needing days off and medical treatments to play the next game or practice, then "we all knew it would happen"? But until that very moment, no news is good news?

A player might defy and deny their body for a short period of time. Decision makers might think with their heart and commit with their authority. Fans might cheer blindly and hope for the best. But the human body decides when enough is enough.

How many ESPN 30 for 30s could we fill with players who tried to come back after devastating injuries and fell short?

Maybe he plays a year, 2 years, 3 years or 8. No one can predict how long, but most can feel absolutely certain that he is coming into the league with a major injury that is threatening his career.

And yes, you can make the argument that anyone can be injured at any time without foresight. But on draft day, can we at least draft players that ARE healthy and able to give 100% of themselves RIGHT NOW in the first couple of rounds?

Before we start building an entire team filled with players who have injuries and retreads?

i wonder if the the same people who would run to the podium to draft Jack are the same people who bash Albert for being "injury prone" and verbally beat him like a rented mule whenever his health is in doubt?

Can we please start drafting healthy players ready to contribute and place a priority on getting this team back to excellence?
Hasn't it been 3 years and like 400 carries since then?

You're gonna trade a possible #1 overall pick for somebody who fell to the 20s on injury concerns?

That's the normal price for current year 2's right now. I'm willing to take that risk.

You're basing this on 1 season, 49 attempts and 7 receptions? So at the very moment he starts needing days off and medical treatments to play the next game or practice, then "we all knew it would happen"? But until that very moment, no news is good news?

A player might defy and deny their body for a short period of time. Decision makers might think with their heart and commit with their authority. Fans might cheer blindly and hope for the best. But the human body decides when enough is enough.

How many ESPN 30 for 30s could we fill with players who tried to come back after devastating injuries and fell short?

Maybe he plays a year, 2 years, 3 years or 8. No one can predict how long, but most can feel absolutely certain that he is coming into the league with a major injury that is threatening his career.

And yes, you can make the argument that anyone can be injured at any time without foresight. But on draft day, can we at least draft players that ARE healthy and able to give 100% of themselves RIGHT NOW in the first couple of rounds?

Before we start building an entire team filled with players who have injuries and retreads?

i wonder if the the same people who would run to the podium to draft Jack are the same people who bash Albert for being "injury prone" and verbally beat him like a rented mule whenever his health is in doubt?

Can we please start drafting healthy players ready to contribute and place a priority on getting this team back to excellence?

No I'm basing it off of his assessment of his body as well as multiple reports by doctors saying he's good for the short term but may experience effects after the 5 year mark.

Like someone said, if we can get 7-8 years of Patrick Willis production out of Jack then he is a no brainer at 13 for me.

That's not how you make these decisions. You hire the best medical analysts and trust them. If they sign off, then you take him.

Not if the team has too many injured players already. To exaggerate, someone has to play this year and in week one.

If he is going to play MLB for us, then it is a no brainer for me. IF we are going to stick him at WLB, I'd pass for an impact position player.

put Jack and Alonso together and we can build a linebacker with 2 good legs.

giphy.gif

Well you know that of we pass on him, he'll end up with a Hall of Fame career with another team. If we draft him he'd hardly ever play and be out of the league in a couple of years. That's the way it goes with us.

That's not how you make these decisions. You hire the best medical analysts and trust them. If they sign off, then you take him.
Here, IMO, is a good rule. For those who didn't like the Dion Jordan, Parker, Ajayi, Maxwell, or KA signings due to injuries, they were cleared by the same medical staff that will evaluate Jack. If they can't be trusted on those guys, they will be no more competent on Jack. As for me, I'd lve to get him at #13, but have heard contradictory opinions on recovery trajectory/affects.

Well you know that of we pass on him, he'll end up with a Hall of Fame career with another team. If we draft him he'd hardly ever play and be out of the league in a couple of years. That's the way it goes with us.

I hate this line of thinking. "<<Player X>> wouldn't have done well here". I hear this all the time. I don't believe it. Either you can ball or you can't. No gray area for me.

Back
Top Bottom