Rumor: Jack will fall out of top ten | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Jack will fall out of top ten

I hate this line of thinking. "<<Player X>> wouldn't have done well here". I hear this all the time. I don't believe it. Either you can ball or you can't. No gray area for me.

Except it's true. Coaching has everything to do with player development and usage. Get back to me if you think we've had competent coaching in he past decade or so.

You're gonna trade a possible #1 overall pick for somebody who fell to the 20s on injury concerns?

STOP.

We are NOT going to have the #1 overall pick next year. We don't look like world beaters, but we're not a frigging dumpster fire either.

Except it's true. Coaching has everything to do with player development and usage. Get back to me if you think we've had competent coaching in he past decade or so.

How is Reshad Jones so good then? How about Brent Grimes? Etc?

EDIT: Oh wait, Brent Grimes sucked because of wife's Twitter account. lmfao

How is Reshad Jones so good then? How about Brent Grimes? Etc?

Jones was used properly as an in the box SS, as was Grimes as an off man CB.

Suh, the best 3 tech DT in the NFL, wasn't used properly (as he was forced into being a 2 gap defender) and his impact was nullified early on.

Here, IMO, is a good rule. For those who didn't like the Dion Jordan, Parker, Ajayi, Maxwell, or KA signings due to injuries, they were cleared by the same medical staff that will evaluate Jack. If they can't be trusted on those guys, they will be no more competent on Jack. As for me, I'd lve to get him at #13, but have heard contradictory opinions on recovery trajectory/affects.

You didn't like the Parker or Ajayi picks?

Dion Jordan was picked by the previous medical staff. Remember our old team doctor got fired in all the Incognito/Martin shenanigans.

You know who else was injured when he was drafted? Odell Beckham Jr. How'd that work out for the teams that passed on him?

You didn't like the Parker or Ajayi picks? Dion Jordan was picked by the previous medical staff. Remember our old team doctor got fired in all the Incognito/Martin shenanigans. You know who else was injured when he was drafted? Odell Beckham Jr. How'd that work out for the teams that passed on him?
Incorrect. I like(d) the Parker/Ajayi picks. I didn't want Jordan at #3 but not because of injury. I'm optimistic on the Maxwell trade and 'wait and see' on KA. My point was, I would like consistency. Those who liked the injured players I named have justification for wanting Jack. Those who were against those injured players appear, at least superficially, to be be inconsistent. We (I) tend to trust the medical staff when it comes to evaluating our current players (e.g., when Parker was cleared), but question their competence when evaluating prospective FAs/rookies. Full disclosure; I'm against taking Jalen Smith above R4 due to the extreme nature of his injury and VERY long projected recovery.

STOP.

We are NOT going to have the #1 overall pick next year. We don't look like world beaters, but we're not a frigging dumpster fire either.

I admit Cleveland is looking like a clear frontrunner for #1, but we play them head to head and if we lose that game, I think we have a real shot at it.

I mean, yeah, it depends heavily on injures, but look who we have on our team. Our good linemen can't stay healthy, our other linemen act like matadors as they let defenders dog pile Tannehill or crash into the legs of our good linemen, and we have about 3 people on the defensive side of the ball that deserve to see the field and losing 1 of them will kill us.

All three?

OK, long version, lol. (you forgot Ted Ginn jr, lol)

Dion Jordan? Lack of production, lack of need, injury. I would not have taken him at all.

D Parker: Can still be a very good player but we lost a year with him. But honestly, I do like him a lot. MY PROBLEM is that until we can pass protect, it does not matter how many great WRs we have. Now we can't run the ball or pass protect....

Ajayi? I love the guy and where we picked him. Because it cost us almost nothing if he craps out.

Incorrect. I like(d) the Parker/Ajayi picks. I didn't want Jordan at #3 but not because of injury. I'm optimistic on the Maxwell trade and 'wait and see' on KA. My point was, I would like consistency. Those who liked the injured players I named have justification for wanting Jack. Those who were against those injured players appear, at least superficially, to be be inconsistent. We (I) tend to trust the medical staff when it comes to evaluating our current players (e.g., when Parker was cleared), but question their competence when evaluating prospective FAs/rookies. Full disclosure; I'm against taking Jalen Smith above R4 due to the extreme nature of his injury and VERY long projected recovery.

All injury situations are different. If the screw in Parker's foot was done correctly, his long term prognosis was always going to be fine. It's not a degenerative condition. Ajayi's knee is degenerative, but the position is plays is also degenerative. Most of the time you're not going to give a running back a second contract, so what do you have to lose?

Jack's knee might be degenerative. It might shorten his career or it might only start to affect him after he's retired. We just don't know.

All three?

I LOVED the Ajayi pick. What a steal, imo.

I didn't like the Parker pick, only because our buffoons that run our FO came out and said AFTER the draft was over, that we REALLY wanted Todd Gurley. But, ya know, we didn't get him. Failed, no sugar coating that. (Why even come out and say Todd Gurley is who you wanted after the draft was over? Idiots...)

But, I like D. Parker the player a lot (injured a lot though...no more foot surgeries...OK? Thanks).

Does that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom