Rumor: Jack will fall out of top ten | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Jack will fall out of top ten

if hes got microfracture surgery in his near future then I'm passing

I'm with you. Microfracture surgery has ended careers in minimal contact sports. This guy would be taking hits on every play. As much as i love the player, i have to think about the franchise.

All injury situations are different. If the screw in Parker's foot was done correctly, his long term prognosis was always going to be fine. It's not a degenerative condition. Ajayi's knee is degenerative, but the position is plays is also degenerative. Most of the time you're not going to give a running back a second contract, so what do you have to lose?

Jack's knee might be degenerative. It might shorten his career or it might only start to affect him after he's retired. We just don't know.

Exactly.
Parker - not degenerative = 1st round
Ajayi - degenerative = 4th round

Jack's injury, if degenerative and needing microfracture surgery, is a serious thing. I'm not the Dr and have no clue what the medical really says.

I think we would be the kind of team to draft both Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith....imagine that? Two guys that should be top 5 picks end up here because of knee concerns. Its not a smart strategy at all, but I get the sense that we like players that have injury problems because lightning can't strike them twice...in other words, take the risk. I don't see any can't miss players in this draft...but these two guys are special if they get healthy down the road.

There's no doubt he's a beast when he plays, but lets not forget that he sat out ALL of last year to get ready for the draft this year and he's still a big ??? right up until Thursday. That's all kinds of red flags I'd be worried about. What his medical report says and doesn't say could be the deciding factor in whether teams consider him or not. Usually players that are healthy want teams to see everything about their medicals, those with issues, tend to hide or have vagueness about it. Wonder what his really says?

Back
Top Bottom