Rumors of Byron Jones purposely delaying return for contract reasons. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumors of Byron Jones purposely delaying return for contract reasons.

I would not ignore any "speculation" with regards to how some of these players are behaving relative to trying to get a "better deal".

We should never have renegotiated Howard's contract - look where we are now.

As we approach being in the playoffs, I would want to get rid of all the "non-performing players" on our roster. I Don't want them on the team when we get to the Superbowl.

I suspect we could find a lot of good, "interested players" to join us, just to be on a Superbowl Team.
Ray I am in 100% agreement with you, renegotiating Howard's contract IMO was a mistake, something I was never in favor of. Howard looks slow, (possibly injured) old and expensive (lol yes...he looks expensive)

In regards to Jones, the article states this is all speculation, but if true, I hope the Dolphins don't make that same mistake with him as they did with Howard.

Omar also posted a lot of crap to stir up the fan base.
Most the time the I completely disregard anything Omar says. However, I just can’t figure out what is going on with Jones. It reeks of the Fuller situation of last season and Radio silence from the team is rarely good imo.

That quote says it is pure speculation.
Well, unless his leg has freaking fallen off, there's some reason he's not on the field yet. I'm no Dr. but the reports were he'd be ready for TC then the season. It's mid November now. There's gotta be something going on.

Both X and Byron Jones owe the team some Int's. Howard isn't listed as injured but our injury report looks worse than theirs so I'm really expecting that flash int called back for a penalty is the start of a run for him. If Jones is not injured then whatever, poor character, savvy, not a team player, what can you say...you can't give every player a top deal, not enough cap but ya, a suspension without pay would have been in order if they can do that.

I don’t think he’s healthy…word is he had setbacks in recovery!

He’s in a contract year, so he doesn’t want to put bad film and play on the field.

Look for a late season return once fully healthy!

Both X and Byron Jones owe the team some Int's. If Jones is not injured then whatever, poor character, savvy, not a team player, what can you say...you can't give every player a top deal, not enough cap but ya, a suspension without pay would have been in order if they can do that.
Jones isn't going to get you any INTs. I still think he's a quality Corner, maybe the best #2 Corner in the league, but he was never a pick kind of Corner. Like everybody tho, I don't get why he isn't playing. He was practicing in August. Has to be something internal between him and the organization. He's still under contract. If he's hurt then say so. At this point it doesn't really matter. Move on from him.

yeah, no.

shell or no shell, without X we would be Fooked with a capital F.

he is always out there doing what he can. one injured groin, two injured groins, 14 injured groins. all the injured groins.

usually matched up against the other team's best WR.

even a shadow of himself he is one of the best players on the team and one of the best CB in the league.

pick players to rag on that we don't desperately need out there week after week.

i wouldn't read that crap speculation in the original post, but if the team thinks he is ready to go out there and play, but his Agent and/or personal doctors do not, I am sure we will hear about eventually.

personally i think he is dying to get back out on the field, and will be out there as soon as he is ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom