Rumors of Byron Jones purposely delaying return for contract reasons. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumors of Byron Jones purposely delaying return for contract reasons.

Two points.

1. Only so many people you can fool faking an injury.

B. How does faking an injury get you a new contract?
It sure what decrease the value of his next contract if he’s faking. If it was simply about leverage, you go very public with your demands.

Fair enough but given the lack of information coming from either party, that is pure speculation as well. If it were that simple, I would think a guy like McD would just say that, rather than tap dance around the issue when asked directly. I mean I really don't see the downside of just saying that if it were the truth. I would think Jones' side would want to "clear the air" on the issue, being that he is now being accused of some questionable motives.
MCDaniel avoids discussing medical issues concerning any of the players on the roster. Until today, I had never heard anything in regards to Jones delaying his return because of a contract issue.

To me there is no need to “clear the air” when the report is coming from someone who is merely speculating and has no proof that any of this speculation has any truth to it.

I don’t believe anyone needs to respond to made up Sh** and at this time, that’s all I believe this is.

Eh, if he's healthy and refusing to play, suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team. Without pay. Then lets see how fast his ass holds out.

With the way Kohou is playing and the other CB's we get back in the offseason I'm 100% inclined to release him in the offseason and just take the hit.
If this is in anyway fact…holding out for new deal… just trade him, carry $5million of his salary… like we did with Tannehill. Get a 4th rounder and move on. That said, Jones has always been good in the community, a good teammate. I tend to believe there is more to the injury. Some players heal slowly.

To me, this sounds farfetched.
He played in Dallas his 4th and 5th year with no extension and never held out for a 2nd contract.
He's been paid handsomely here.

It's a shame he's still out and it's relatively quiet on that front.

One word that solves the entire situation if this is a contract demand: Kohou.

Younger, cheaper, and better so far. Or at least if not "better" close enough.

You understand that from where? As I recall, McD has repeated balked at the idea of "setbacks" being the issue. Of course, he did so without going into any detail. I think that was purposefully done to allow ppl to draw their own conclusions without direct accusations.
Big O reported that he was told that from inside the organization….

IF

This is his ploy to get a new contract, this aint the move. Older player, achilles surgery ... uh no. You gotta prove it on the field.

This has been such a dissappointment. I'm ready to move on from him-- probably (after?) next year when its not as bad on the dead cap....

Maybe a trade and eat some money situation could be worked out with some team

Back
Top Bottom