Rumors of Byron Jones purposely delaying return for contract reasons. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumors of Byron Jones purposely delaying return for contract reasons.

Brother the hit down the road may not be that bad with the new tv deal around the corner. :ffic:
Oh, I understand that, and have used that very point in discussions.

TBH, I really don't see a good option with Jones. It will be a matter of mitigating the damage, the best course of which may be a post June first cut.

Bear in mind, though, as the cap rises, so do salaries (in direct proportion). For example, what it will take to sign FAs, or extend current players, will also rise. In this particular case, I agree that eating Jones' dead cap hit will not be completely devastating, it still stings.

Divisive click bait b.s. I know these guys are trying to make a living, but we would all click on articles that weren't full of crap too. No need to write stuff that's could go viral in a negative way...

I think it’s more than wishful thinking. The new tv deal is rumored to be over $3 billion dollars. If he’s not happy then they could part ways. :ffic:
Yes, but the cap is not going to instantly reflect that the first year. It will be a more gradual increase.

Divisive click bait b.s. I know these guys are trying to make a living, but we would all click on articles that weren't full of crap too. No need to write stuff that's could go viral in a negative way...
I really didn't see it that way. Seemed a valid outline of possibilities, without any statement of indisputable fact to me.

I really didn't see it that way. Seemed a valid outline of possibilities, without any statement of indisputable fact to me.
Jones is being paid top dollar for above average play. Why would he want a new contract when his pay would go down. People only want new contracts when they've outplayed their current one. This is not the case with Jones. It's just a writer trying to get click bait.

Besides, no player in their right mind would want to renegotiate a contract while they're actively recovering from an Achilles injury, as a majority of players never come back in their previous form. History and odds would say this is his last contract...

Jones is being paid top dollar for above average play. Why would he want a new contract when his pay would go down. People only want new contracts when they've outplayed their current one. This is not the case with Jones. It's just a writer trying to get click bait.

Besides, no player in their right mind would want to renegotiate a contract while they're actively recovering from an Achilles injury, as a majority of players never come back in their previous form. History and odds would say this is his last contract...
Have you looked at his contract details? He has zero guaranteed $ after this year. My personal belief is that he simply wants out of here and is forcing the Dolphins' hand to accomplish that end.

That has nothing to do with the article being clickbait, or divisive. If your view is that anything negative is divisive, then I don't know what to say. I don't do the "Kumbaya" echo chamber thing.

Have you looked at his contract details? He has zero guaranteed $ after this year. My personal belief is that he simply wants out of here and is forcing the Dolphins' hand to accomplish that end.

That has nothing to do with the article being clickbait, or divisive. If your view is that anything negative is divisive, then I don't know what to say. I don't do the "Kumbaya" echo chamber thing.
Hmm. We'll the fact that we're arguing about it proves that it's divisive. 🤔

We should definitely give more guaranteed money ASAP though. He has a ton of leverage right now.

Also, i have some magic beans for sale too. DM me...

This my first thread, but I noticed nobody mention this as I noticed no stone is left unturned here. What do you guys think?

This would be BS which I would blame X for this ****.
X never missed a game intentionally and has played hurt all year.

Doubt Byron makes more than he already is after missing most of a season with injuries. He's already overpaid.

Back
Top Bottom