Rush Limbaugh Resigns From ESPN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rush Limbaugh Resigns From ESPN

This whole argument has nothing at all to do with football. It is politics at it's worst. It is a smear campaign by the left, this time. I say this time because both political parties do it. Why were Rush's comments overlooked on Sunday night, and Monday, and Tuesday? All of a sudden Wednesday, there is the beginnings of an uproar. Thursday all of a sudden Rush is under investigation for drug abuse.
Bush Whitehouse leaks CIA agents name. The article naming this CIA agent, was published on July 22. Why does S#$t hit the fan at the end of September?
One week before the California recall election. Six women accuse Arnold of groping them.
I hate this crap......................

At least you qualified those statements by saying both parties do it.

But do not make excuses for the stupidity of his comments. He was trying to cause an uproar and knew exactly what he was saying.

You are correct, it is politics at its worse. Rush Limbaugh used his political beliefs to smear and demean a football player. It makes no logical sense for him to make comments like that, even if most people agree with them. ESPN is a sports channel, not an extension of his radio show.

Originally posted by Bumrush
At least you qualified those statements by saying both parties do it.

But do not make excuses for the stupidity of his comments. He was trying to cause an uproar and knew exactly what he was saying.

You are correct, it is politics at its worse. Rush Limbaugh used his political beliefs to smear and demean a football player. It makes no logical sense for him to make comments like that, even if most people agree with them. ESPN is a sports channel, not an extension of his radio show.

It was rediculous for ESPN to even bring this idiot into the fold.
They had to know... they had to know... that this guy would take any chance he could to further his blindingly one sided political propaganda during football telecasts. Funny how he may have destroyed a lot of his following by making an ill advised remark. STUPID move by ESPN to begin with though IMO.

i knew he couldn't resist bringing politics into it, and it happened sooner rather than later. he is constantly trying to point out that the media are liberal (how it benefits corporations in the defense contracting industry to be liberal has yet to be explained to me) and that there is some liberal conspiracy to destroy white america. throughout this country's history racial divisiveness has been a key factor in preserving power for those who hold it.

as for mcnabb, i realize the defense carried the team, but look around the guy on offense. who is there to help? thrash and pinkston are glorified special teams players. on offense, the guy is a one man show and i don't think he can be overrated. that's why i found it odd that steve young piled on, the same steve young who had some serious players around him. ricky watters vs. duce staley? jerry rice vs. pinkston/thrash? come on... get the guy somebody who can make a play.

Rush Limbaugh is truly an idiot, and this doesnt surprise me at all...the man has no right to be commenting on football, and referring to Michael Irvin and Tom Jackson when he made those remarks, Tom tended to bypass the racial aspect of that and go after his remarks on McNabb being overrated, and if you noticed, Michael Irvin did not say a word, usually he is animated....that tells you something right there....

he is a classless idiot, and now a hypocrite, as he is a drug addict apparently.....way to go Rush, moron...

Originally posted by Bumrush
It makes no logical sense for him to make comments like that, even if most people agree with them. ESPN is a sports channel, not an extension of his radio show.

If most people agree with an opinion, even if it's wrong --- heck, especially if it's wrong, then it needs to be discussed.

i don't think most people agree with what limbaugh said in this case. why is steve mcnair underrated? where's the love for jeff blake? did the media will doug williams' team to win the super bowl all those years ago?

Oh, I don't agree with Rush's comments on McNabb. I think McNabb's overrated, but not because of race. I just take exception to the hypothetical idea Bumrush presented that even if a belief is commonly held, it should be kept quiet for fear of "insensitivity."

By the way ... a racist viewpoint is defined as one which demonstrates "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race."

Rush's comment, while easily refutable as faulty logical, is by no means racist.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Rush's comment, while easily refutable as faulty logical, is by no means racist.

No it wasn't racist. He said nothing at all against African Americans. However, anyone with half a brain knows that ANYTHING said that refers to African Americans in any way but 100% positive IS ALWAYS twisted around to be racist comments. Organizations like the NAACP and the media jump on them immediately to keep the racism card highlighted in the US.
One of this country's biggest problems is the radical political correctness that holds us hostage now.

Either Rush is a bigger moron than I already thought or he knew what he was doing and wanted this reaction. Either way, I'd like to thank Mr. Limbozo for allowing me to have to hear another 6 months of discrimination rhetoric, the necesity of affrimative action rhetoric, etc. just because one dumbarse made a stupid comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. It's unfortunate that those in protest haven't just refuted his argument rather than attacking him as racist. The first option would improve relations by showing how far we truly have come; the latter just hardens the ignorant opinions of those who propagate racism.

Originally posted by 13isgr81

Maybe he should have left it at that. BUT NO, he HAD to politicize it and take the opportunity attack the media for what is in his opinion racial bias... He already made the country think the media is all completely liberal, now he espouces that media is racially biased.

Funny how this guy hates the media so much considering without the media no one would know who he is... Without the media he wouldn't have enough money to send his housekeeper out on the streets to buy all those "Hillbilly Herion" (Oxycotin) pills.
Typical liberal response.

Try www.newsmax.com sometime for the real truth in media.

Originally posted by baracuda

Try www.newsmax.com sometime for the real truth in media.

Truth or bias? I have never seen the site but I'll check it out.
Usually when someone posts a media site that "speaks the truth" it is just another propaganda machine like Limbaugh.
Whether it be 100% Liberal or 100% conservative. Either way it's wrong. You can't be 100% on one side or the other. It's impossible. Any outlets that take their sides argument without questioning is rediculous and has no credibility. That's why I hate Limbozo.

I don't think there is any media outlet that just outlines the truth without bias.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

No it wasn't racist. He said nothing at all against African Americans. However, anyone with half a brain knows that ANYTHING said that refers to African Americans in any way but 100% positive IS ALWAYS twisted around to be racist comments. Organizations like the NAACP and the media jump on them immediately to keep the racism card highlighted in the US.
One of this country's biggest problems is the radical political correctness that holds us hostage now.

Either Rush is a bigger moron than I already thought or he knew what he was doing and wanted this reaction. Either way, I'd like to thank Mr. Limbozo for allowing me to have to hear another 6 months of discrimination rhetoric, the necesity of affrimative action rhetoric, etc. just because one dumbarse made a stupid comment.

Wow trek, you are good. Philly owner accuses ESPN of institutional racism, for TV show Playmakers.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/6916872.htm

Originally posted by fairbanksb

Wow trek, you are good. Philly owner accuses ESPN of institutional racism, for TV show Playmakers.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/6916872.htm

Don't know where you are going with your comment.....

If you are saying Rush Limbaugh was an idiot for his remarks. I agree completely and have already stated that.

If you are against the viewpoint in the article and the belief that the series Playmaker is an example of a racist show then I agree with you. If you agree with their viewpoint then I don't.

The claim that the Playmaker show on ESPN is racist is a complete a joke!

It's not OK to show an african american football player snorting cocaine at halftime in that show?

That constitutes racism?

Is it racism to Italians to show the Sopranos selling drugs and killing people. Is that show a secret plot by the media to bring down Italian people?

Is it racism to show rich white people on Melrose place snorting coke, stealing millions in money scandals and women sleeping with anything that walks. Is that a secret plot to put down the affluent white.

Is it racism towards white people to show two african american cops in Bad Boys 2 busting up illiterate country bumpkin whites in a clan rally?

Was it racism towards Hispanics to show the drug kingpin in Bad Boys 2 as a Cuban?

Is it racism to have a movie titled White Men Can't Jump?
There was no uproar about the political incorrectness of that was there?
How about a movie called Black Men Can't Read?
Would that make racism headlines for months if someone produced that?

No, none of the above is racist. It's drama. To have drama you have to have a bad guy. You take examples out of everyday life and put it onto the screen.

Are there illiterate white and black people in the world? Yes.

Are there football players who take drugs? White or black?
Yes, Duh! see Lawrence Taylor and Brett Favre!

Are there some Italians that are in the Mafia? Yes

Are there some Hispanic, white, black, chinese, etc. drug dealers in the world? Yes

Is it a blanket racist statement about a whole group of people to portray someone on a TV show as a villain?
If so, entertainment media is racist against every single group of people in the world.

So before people start following like a sheep that everyone is against African Americans because of the way they are portrayed in the media.... answer the questions above for me.

The fact is that certain african american advancement groups jump on every comment made about african americans. No other groups do. Believe what you want but again explain to me the difference of the Playmaker show's portrayal of an African American football player snorting drugs and any of the other shows I mentioned showing other cultures entrenched in bad behavior!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom