Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him?

dude, if you actually think that Brees is not an all time great QB then there's just no point in talking about it. Sometimes the defense wins the game as it was the case in the Super bowl where NE's defense dominated the Rams.

He's a HoFer no doubt, same with Rodgers.

But are there levels to the HoF? I'd say so and both Brees (inflated numbers with the dome) and delicate Rodgers aren't in that upper tier that I'd consider "all time great" like Marino is.

I know Marino didn't have the playoff success, but he did beat the 85 bears and his talent was supreme in the highest sense from what I've read and his defense/running game always sucked.

Last edited:
Stat padding!?! You think we were blowing people out in that era? We weren’t way behind all the time either. We had no run game or D In most years (which is why we couldn’t get over the hump not Marino) We needed everyone of those stats to win those games and we still didn’t get it done.

Are you even a Dolphin fan talking like that!?!

I don't hype up Marino like the rest of ya'll.

He was an all time great thrower of the ball, but not the best qb of all time.

If he was so great he should've had better post season success since this thread is about bashing an elite qb because of his couple bad games in the playoffs.

dude, if you actually think that Brees is not an all time great QB then there's just no point in talking about it. Sometimes the defense wins the game as it was the case in the Super bowl where NE's defense dominated the Rams.

I think hes trolling at this point. Seems to be arguing just to argue, on a belief that is flawed. Since Marino was before his time, you could see why he would have been a true believer these 7 past years...giving every excuse in the book to deflect from the fraud of a product on the field.

His love affair for Mahomes is scary.

I don't hype up Marino like the rest of ya'll.

He was an all time great thrower of the ball, but not the best qb of all time.

If he was so great he should've had better post season success since this thread is about bashing an elite qb because of his couple bad games in the playoffs.

There's no way to say this without risking being banned from FH. Shula - the Marino Shula - wasn't the HOF coach he was in earlier days. The D was bad. Without Marino, most of those years would have been losing seasons. But, Marino is a good example an elite QB can't carry his team deep into the playoffs.

There's no way to say this without risking being banned from FH. Shula - the Marino Shula - wasn't the HOF coach he was in earlier days. The D was bad. Without Marino, most of those years would have been losing seasons. But, Marino is a good example an elite QB can't carry his team deep into the playoffs.

The inability to effectively draft once again rears it's ugly head ...

I think hes trolling at this point. Seems to be arguing just to argue, on a belief that is flawed. Since Marino was before his time, you could see why he would have been a true believer these 7 past years...giving every excuse in the book to deflect from the fraud of a product on the field.

His love affair for Mahomes is scary.

Don't forget Eli. So far Eli has had a better career than both Brees and A-Rod because he got it done at an elite level when it mattered most TWICE unlike them, put him in the hall!

Last edited:

I'm just being as way out as another poster on this site.

Marino was elite, but couldn't get it done when it mattered. Yet we got some bashing Wilson when he has gotten it done when it matters.

Marino was elite, but couldn't get it done when it mattered. Yet we got some bashing Wilson when he has gotten it done when it matters.

Yea so did Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson in similar fashion :rolleyes:

Btw, I recall Brees beating Manning in the Super Bowl(when it mattered)........this is just silly.

I don't see a reason to bash either Marino or Wilson but people need to stop with the "he couldn't get it done when it mattered" argument. Marino played in one Super Bowl against a great SF team that had a good running game and a great defense. The Dolphins didn't have a very good running game or defense. This is just silly. Marino was ahead of his time as a passer/QB but Shula had some horrible drafts and could never get him a good running game or a good defense. Nobody can win a Super Bowl alone and that includes Wilson.

Why are you feeding into this? He’s contradicting everything he’s saying. PM was known to shrink in the playoffs especially against the pats. Same with Mahomes who just got beat in the playoffs. Yet he doesn’t want to give credit to A Rodgers, Brees, or even Wilson saying they’re not as “elite” as the former that I mentioned? Come on, there’s so much contradiction in his posts that it comes off as complete lunacy at a troll level.

Why are you feeding into this? He’s contradicting everything he’s saying. PM was known to shrink in the playoffs especially against the pats. Same with Mahomes who just got beat in the playoffs. Yet he doesn’t want to give credit to A Rodgers, Brees, or even Wilson saying they’re not as “elite” as the former that I mentioned? Come on, there’s so much contradiction in his posts that it comes off as complete troll level.
Statistically, Peyton Manning didn't shrink in the playoffs. His numbers in the playoffs are on par with his numbers in the regular season. Just an fyi.

Statistically, Peyton Manning didn't shrink in the playoffs. His numbers in the playoffs are on par with his numbers in the regular season. Just an fyi.
I know this, but someone in this post is trying to justify that because they “shrink” in the playoffs and if they lose they’re not “elite”

Back
Top Bottom