Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him? | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him?

I don't blame them for paying him that, I get he's super popular and an excellent QB and this is a business at the end of the day.

But now he has to PROVE he can go FAR in the playoffs without the huge advantage of being on a rookie 3rd round deal with an all time great D, personally I wouldn't put him in the hall just yet because of this but I know most would, whatever.

Like Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers?

Like Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers?

2 more overrated QB's that shrink in the playoffs.

Not to say they aren't great, just not all time great like most claim, imo of course.

TB is an all time great and so was PM, even with his playoff struggles (2 rings).

Brees and delicate Rodgers are beneath them.

Last edited:

Not to say they aren't great, just not all time great like most claim, imo of course.

They're just like Marino, who shrunk in the playoffs or didn't get the team there as much.

But Marino is looked on as a God when he was just a stat padding qb

Look at their drafts the further removed Carroll is from the college football world and tell me Wilson is their problem.

Drafting has been their problem. Drafting is always the problem. Putting their perceived lack of success on Wilson despite what he does week in and week out is how hilarity ensues.

Playcalling an offensive coaching have also been very bad. Shottenheimer had always been a terrible OC, and prior to 2018, Wilson worked behind a Cable-coached OL. Cable is among the worst OL coaches you'll ever see.

They're just like Marino, who shrunk in the playoffs or didn't get the team there as much.

Can't comment because Marino was before my time, but cot damn those 48 TD's IN YEAR 2 seem pretty f****** elite to me for that era.

And everyone knew (including Bill Walsh) that Marino's talent like Mahomes was off the charts.

Rodgers may be like that (not Wilson or Brees) but he's kind of a b**** physically and mentally imo so I'm not surprised their team has suffered as a result.

Last edited:

TB is an all time great and so was PM, even with his playoff struggles.

Or maybe they didn't shrink, maybe the competition just happened to be legit better than the regular season? It's almost as if the playoffs are some kind of filter between the pretenders and good teams. Who would have thunk it?

Wilson is not their problem, he's an excellent QB and I liked him before ever taking a snap in the NFL due to his low INT percentage in college (ask my roommate lol).

My issue is with all the people that call him ELITE, now if you want to argue he's top 10 I have no problem with that, but he's probably closer to the bottom of the top 10 which does not make him elite in my book, but that's just me.

Also, people just brush off the fact he's had some horrible performances in the playoffs and the team has regressed since his second contract.

Sure his regular season stats are fantastic, but so are Phillip Rivers who I also consider highly overrated because he doesn't get it done in the playoffs like Eli (real Hofer) has.

Imo you have to be very special like a Marino or so far Mahomes to be considered elite without much playoff success, Wilson don't sling it like THAT.

Fair enough but to put up the numbers he does on offenses lacking in talent at key positions ... that's elite all day.

I said they probably wouldn't bounce back from how they lost that SB (same with Falcons) and so far I've been right but it's mostly because Carroll hasn't been able to even sniff the same kind of success after knocking their first few drafts out of the park. The nucleus of Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, Wagner, and Wright needed to be augmented and even replaced but it just hasn't happened. They've needed to rely on FA for filling holes and we all know how that goes. The Jimmy Grahams and Sheldon Richardsons of the world can only give you so much.

Or maybe they didn't shrink, maybe the competition just happened to be legit better than the regular season? It's almost as if the playoffs are some kind of filter between the pretenders and good teams. Who would have thunk it?

Correct, as a lifelong Duke basketball fan you learn pretty quickly that anything less than a championship is a complete and utter failure, ask Bama fans as well...

Stat padding!?! You think we were blowing people out in that era? We weren’t way behind all the time either. We had no run game or D In most years (which is why we couldn’t get over the hump not Marino) We needed everyone of those stats to win those games and we still didn’t get it done.

Are you even a Dolphin fan talking like that!?!

TB is an all time great and so was PM, even with his playoff struggles (2 rings).

So who isnt overrated in your opinion lol. I think Bradys success hows clouded your judgement on reality.

The only thing that kept Brees from being in the super bowl this past year was a horrible non call PI from the officials. NO would have been in the Super bowl and Brees would have been the main reason.

So who isnt overrated in your opinion lol. I think Bradys success hows clouded your judgement on reality.

They're all overrated in today's game except for Brady and Mahomes.

People always try and act like football isn't the ultimate team game and is all about the QB, b*******.

The truly special ones like Brady and Mahomes are few and far between...

The only thing that kept Brees from being in the super bowl this past year was a horrible non call PI from the officials. NO would have been in the Super bowl and Brees would have been the main reason.

He played like s*** for an "all time great" against LA. They jumped out to a big lead and he didn't do s*** for 3 quarters, it was hysterical.

Goff outplayed him and then proceeded to s*** the bed against NE lol.

He played like s*** for an "all time great" against LA. They jumped out to a big lead and he didn't do s*** for 3 quarters, it was hysterical.
dude, if you actually think that Brees is not an all time great QB then there's just no point in talking about it. Sometimes the defense wins the game as it was the case in the Super bowl where NE's defense dominated the Rams.

Back
Top Bottom