Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him?

Being A Miami Dolphins fan has taught us anything is you don't win with FA, we been the biggest winners in the off season with FA for years what has it got us...

8-8

Not saying they will suck, nor does Wilson.

But in truth he was only super valuable on the rookie contract, the team has regressed ever since and now he's the highest paid player in the league.

In the modern NFL, the acid test for a great QB isn't winning when you're making peanuts, it's winning on those 2nd and 3rd contracts which Seattle has, and will continue to struggle with imo.

Please don't put me in a position where I have to defend the Seahawks or Wilson, just because it makes sense.

Russell Wilson is one of the best QBs in the league. He is super valuable regardless of his contract.

There is absolutely no metric under which Wilson wasn't great last year, and that WC loss happened because the Seahawks couldn't run the ball, and their defense barfed up the lead in the 4th.

They're absolutely going to be able to rebuild that team around him with the amount of money they have, and they're another franchise well-known for trading back for more picks. They run a smart organization.

That's swell and all, but like last year, all of their regular season wins mean jack s*** if you can't beat mediocre playoff teams.

Where were you these last 7 years? Tip, Miami can't even beat regular season mediocre teams, forget playoff teams.

And you Tannehill fanboys got alot of nuggets to be trashing any QB in the league, muchless one who has seen the playoffs and a couple SBs.

Please don't put me in a position where I have to defend the Seahawks or Wilson, just because it makes sense.

Russell Wilson is one of the best QBs in the league. He is super valuable regardless of his contract.

There is absolutely no metric under which Wilson wasn't great last year, and that WC loss happened because the Seahawks couldn't run the ball, and their defense barfed up the lead in the 4th.

They're absolutely going to be able to rebuild that team around him with the amount of money they have, and they're another franchise well-known for trading back for more picks. They run a smart organization.

We'll see, he has to be elite now...

Where were you these last 7 years? Tip, Miami can't even beat regular season mediocre teams, forget playoff teams.

And you Tannehill fanboys got alot of nuggets to be trashing any QB in the league, muchless one who has seen the playoffs and a couple SBs.

Facts are Facts. And that team has regressed (pure coincidence I'm sure :wink:) ever since he got a pay raise, good luck to them now...

Last edited:
Contract salaries are primarily based off production relative to the position across the league. Russell Wilson has to be Russell Wilson.

I don't blame them for paying him that, I get he's super popular and an excellent QB and this is a business at the end of the day.

But now he has to PROVE he can go FAR in the playoffs without the huge advantage of being on a rookie 3rd round deal with an all time great D, personally I wouldn't put him in the hall just yet because of this but I know most would, whatever.

18 yr later and dolphins still looking for qb after DM left in 2000.dolphins need qb bad. this is one of the worst team when it come to finding a qb. this is man reason why dolphins HC have fail in past,2000-2018
All very true..He should of been a Dolphin.

Wilson signs the biggest deal ever..

The detractors have one less thing on their side to argue..

Facts are Facts. And that team has regressed (pure coincidence I'm sure :wink:) ever since he got a pay raise, good luck to them now...

That team has regressed because they got older and attrition caught up to them. Also their slide sure seemed to coincide with the trade of their PB Center Max Unger and Marshawn leaving town.

One of the best what if’s ever is if we took Luke K and Russ in rds 1 and 2 in 2012. Back to back HOF’rs would have been nice lol

That team has regressed because they got older and attrition caught up to them. Also their slide sure seemed to coincide with the trade of their PB Center Max Unger and Marshawn leaving town.
How did they get old.they just rebuild last yr and still made playoff

How did they get old.they just rebuild last yr and still made playoff

Context matters. I was answering a Tanny fanny.

Also, if you do not think that defense hasn't aged and some sent packing, nothing else I can say will matter. Seattle no longer has the youngest defense or a defense considered historic. That window was short and it has closed. See Sherman in San Francisco and Earl Thomas in Baltimore.

Look at their drafts the further removed Carroll is from the college football world and tell me Wilson is their problem.

Drafting has been their problem. Drafting is always the problem. Putting their perceived lack of success on Wilson despite what he does week in and week out is how hilarity ensues.

Look at their drafts the further removed Carroll is from the college football world and tell me Wilson is their problem.

Drafting has been their problem. Drafting is always the problem. Putting their perceived lack of success on Wilson despite what he does week in and week out is how hilarity ensues.

Wilson is not their problem, he's an excellent QB and I liked him before ever taking a snap in the NFL due to his historically low INT percentage in college (ask my roommate lol).

My issue is with all the people that call him ELITE, now if you want to argue he's top 10 I have no problem with that, but he's probably closer to the bottom of the top 10 which does not make him elite in my book, but that's just me.

Also, people just brush off the fact he's had some horrible performances in the playoffs and the team has regressed since his second contract.

Sure his regular season stats are fantastic, but so are Phillip Rivers who I also consider highly overrated because he doesn't get it done in the playoffs like Eli (real Hofer) has.

Imo you have to be very special like a Marino or so far Mahomes to be considered elite without much playoff success, Wilson don't sling it like THAT.

Back
Top Bottom