Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos

This immediately makes the Broncos Super Bowl contenders. As far as I’m concerned, they fleeced the Seahawks on this one.

I’m curious to see what this means for Pete Carroll. The guy is 70 years old. Not sure he’s a good fit for a complete tear down rebuild.

They were 12-4 in 2020. I'm sure they'd be happy with that in Denver.
I’m sure they would be but it won’t happen. The NFC West was one of the weakest divisions in the league in 2020.
This past season the 49ers and Rams were vastly improved over 2020 and the Seahawks took a giant step backwards.

In 2020, Wilson was clearly the best QB in that division. In 2021, Wilson was probably the third or fourth rated QB in that division.

He is certainly an upgrade over Locke but Mahomes and Herbert are better than Wilson and Carr is about on the same level as Wilson at this stage of their careers. I understand the Broncos wanting to upgrade at the QB position but I still don’t see them being a playoff team any time in the near future.

I think the Wilson trade immediately puts Denver back into the mix as a real contender in their division. That said, the asking price was really high. The traded players and maybe a first or second rounder I could see, but if they gave up two firsts and two seconds, that’s too much, IMO.
The ends will justify the means. If the Broncos make deep playoff runs the next 3-4 years, and get to at least one AFC Championship or further. I think 2-1s and 2-2s are well worth it. If they don't, then it wasn't. Just my opinion.

This immediately makes the Broncos Super Bowl contenders. As far as I’m concerned, they fleeced the Seahawks on this one.

I’m curious to see what this means for Pete Carroll. The guy is 70 years old. Not sure he’s a good fit for a complete tear down rebuild.
They aren’t even a playoff team IMO, much less a SB contender. Maybe they will be third in the AFC West division next year but that’s about it. I think a 8-9 record is the best they will do in 2022.

Unless Russell Wilson just wasn't happy last year, he really took a step back in my eyes. I watched every game he played for the past 5 years (wife is a huge Seahawks fan, and boy is she upset!) Still, Wilson looked terrible at times last year.
He definitely had a bad season, but I'd bet (and Broncos) it was a blip more than a true indication of future performance.

I think you need to go look at the numbers before you say he's done nothing relavant.
He's a good qb whose seasons usually end in 3 interception games in the playoffs who always wanted control in Seattle even when he was most effective as a managed QB and the moves made to placate him went nowhere.

They aren’t even a playoff team IMO, much less a SB contender. Maybe they will be third in the AFC West division next year but that’s about it. I think a 8-9 record is the best they will do in 2022.
Their defence is legit. They were a 7 win team last year with Teddy Bridgewater and Drew Lock under centre. You really think Wilson only moves the needle 1-2 wins? I don’t buy that for a second.

Denver was his top choice because of the roster. The WRs and a pretty "baller" defense.

So were Joe Montana when he went to Kansas City and Brett Favre to NY Jets.
And both won playoff games when they moved on. Favre should've won the NFC! This did not help your argument. If you want to say they gave too much, fine but no way can you say he's not done anything over the last 6 years.

How sad the fins lost out on him. :bang:
You can’t lose out on something if you have no interest in it to begin with. Tua is the Dolphins QB and the Dolphins have no interest in trading for any other QB at this time. No matter how upsetting that might be to the anti-Tua crowd on here.

Hall of Fame QB.
So is Eli Manning and his .500 regular season win percentage. At least he came up big in the playoffs, Russ not so much. My mother could’ve been the QB for their SB team, their defense devoured a healthy Peyton Manning. Richard Sherman is right, Russ ain’t all that.

And both won playoff games when they moved on. Favre should've won the NFC! This did not help your argument. If you want to say they gave too much, fine but no way can you say he's not done anything over the last 6 years.
The NY Jets were in the AFC with Favre.

Just looked NFC Championship games and Super Bowls. Still only finding Russell Wilson throwing a pick to Malcolm Butler as his last relevant game. Maybe you can point me to the ones I am missing?

Imagine the Seahawks being free of a guy whose need to dictate things to the staff created distractions and prevented them from maximizing the team. Imagine them using draft capital to get a top prospect who can play within the system and deed a top receiving duo.

There was too much baggage and distraction for Seattle to get another SB with Wilson. Especially since his playoff games are frequently atrocious but go unnoticed. I don't see this a complete rebuild. It's a retooling that was a worthwhile gamble considering the team was stuck in the 7 to 10 win range with Wilson now.

Back
Top Bottom