Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

If we can't get a stud QB in this years draft, we need at least competency to help this raw coaching staff get their bearings...they need an "NFL caliber" QB so they can develop game plans and learn about the other offensive personnel. It doesn't help anyone if we can't at least compete offensively.

I can dig it. I just don’t see the progress at the position unless we draft a QB.

RF on his own is stagnancy. We’d be standing still yet again.

Tannehill fans, dont the the door hit you where the good lord split you.

Fitz is the perfect fit for a rebuild, hes a leader and a good teammate, both things Tannehill will never be.

I really am starting to loath Tannehill fans, there is a Titans board somewhere missing a huge number of future posters. Tannehill is gone, get over it or GTFO

Look I really respect your posts but I am so sick of hearing about “suck for luck.” We weren’t going 0-16 in 2011 no matter who the QB was. I can’t believe anyone was excited about that at 0-7 with 9 more games to go. 0-13, 0-14 ok maybe but 0-7? Get real! Furthermore what have the Colts really won since they drafted Luck? They’ve had some success but are already on their second regime/rebuild. If they win the SB say in 2020 or 2021 are we seriously going to say it’s because they “sucked for luck” in 2011? Seems like Reich May have a lot to do with it if it happens now but are we going to fully credit Luck? Who’s to say they couldn’t have drafted another capable QB in the 10 years prior to Luck being able to win one? I like the player a lot but it was a pipe dream, we weren’t that bad on 2011 just started out on the wrong end of some close games.
I also hold your posts in high respect bro!

I wasn't on the Suck for Luck train at the beginning of the season. But when we were 0-7, we were literally playing for nothing. We had zero chance of making the playoffs and zero chances of winning the division or winning a playoff game. I had a very high grade on Andrew Luck for several years, and he developed nicely. By the time we were 0-6, I started wanting us to get the 1st pick and get Luck … because we weren't any good. But, just as you might imagine, we put together a completely meaningless rush of wins at the end, winning 6 of the last 9. That was all Matt Moore, and I give him credit for rallying the team and getting those wins.

But then we took a chance on Tannehill, and he had potential, but never really was quite good enough to build an offense around. Sure, he didn't have the OL he needed to open up run lanes or protect him, but he also didn't raise the team's level like Andrew Luck did when he was healthy. There are no guarantees. If we look at Luck as being anything but a success it revolves around his injuries. When healthy he looks like an elite QB. The percentages say that if you draft guys outside of the 1st round, you're rarely going to find an elite QB … that's just the math. Sure, it happens, but there's a lot more … and I mean a LOT more that do not succeed. Making the most of your draft picks is essential in the NFL, so throwing away those picks matters. We've proved we cannot hit on a QB outside of the 1st round. Honestly, outside of Bob Griese, Dan Marino and maybe Don Strock, we haven't really found any QB's in any round. All of the other QB's we've drafted have not been particularly good. Most of the guys we've had that were even respectable were retreads from other teams. If we want a top echelon QB, we need to draft him in the top part of the 1st round … it's possible to find them elsewhere, but it's far more likely to find them at the top of round 1.

I see no more impact position than QB. Without a QB, we're just not competitive.

Tannehill fans, dont the the door hit you where the good lord split you.

Fitz is the perfect fit for a rebuild, hes a leader and a good teammate, both things Tannehill will never be.

I really am starting to loath Tannehill fans, there is a Titans board somewhere missing a huge number of future posters. Tannehill is gone, get over it or GTFO

Probably the most immature post I’ve seen in months.

With the options that were out there I would have preferred we employed no QB. Just ran the wildcat w Ballage on every down. I can’t watch any of these guys - including Bridgewater- line up for us. Lol Fitz. He’s “collecting” football teams. What’s this - his 7th, 8th, 33rd NFL club?

Brian Hartline, Mike Wallace, Charles Clay, Jarvis Landry, Rasard Matthews, and Lamar Miller all posted career highs with Tannehill.

Listen I’m glad we closed the book on Tannehill but this immature, hyperbolic, talking out of your *** nonsense needs to stop. Just let it go, it’s time to move on.

Is it too obvious to state that as long as there are people like you who have a need to defend Tannehill there will be people like him who have a need to put him down. You are in essence keeping the conversation going, yet say it's time to move on. Simply stop feeding the trolls.

Here's the thing. No one really knows how the compensatory pick works, so the addition of Fitzpatrick might not cost us a pick, especially at the price we've paid. If it does then how bad a move this is depends on what pick we lose. If it's a 6th or 7th rounder, I'm not overly concerned; if however it's a 3rd or 4th, then I'd be annoyed.

With that said, it is hard to imagine this team heading into the season with Falk and Rudock. Yes as fans it might be interesting to see who comes out on top, and how good these can be. But realistically it's a hard sell for anyone paying their hard earned going to watch. Granted Fitzpatrick isn't exactly a reason to attend, but the offense should fit better with him under center unless we've got a diamond in the rough.

The other thing to consider here is there's no guarantee he will start. If there's an open competition maybe one of the youngsters wins the job and he backs them up. Or maybe we draft someone in the first round or day two (e.g. Grier) and they land the job. It's early days to anoint Fitzpatrick our starter.
Ok, fair enough bro

Cool. Now Miami will lose games 42-30 now.

Still going 2-14 lol.
Honestly, that would be a best case scenario for me. Going 2-14 almost guarantees us a top QB, and if we're scoring 30 a game that alone will be fun to watch. But if it happens, we might just skip the QB draft pick all together … so it could easily backfire.

Who or what on this team makes you believe we will win more than 5 games this year.

Honestly, that would be a best case scenario for me. Going 2-14 almost guarantees us a top QB, and if we're scoring 30 a game that alone will be fun to watch. But if it happens, we might just skip the QB draft pick all together … so it could easily backfire.

Fitzpatrick won't win 5 + games with this team lol

Fitzpatrick won't win 5 + games with this team lol
I hope you're right, because the most we can win and still expect to get a top 3 pick is probably 4 games max. But my head tells me that Fitzmagic will win 6-8 games.

I hope you're right … but my head tells me that he will win 6-8 games.

With what offense around him?

He was high flying last year because they had Evans and Jackson, Miami doesn't have a guy their ability. He's not that good and will be throwing picls left and right to these smurfs we got.

Back
Top Bottom