Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

Which QB do we want Fitzpatrick to placehold for? I just watched more tape. Haskins shoots off the film as the most accurate. Such great ball placement too. Haskins is the guy if Murray is gone which he will be

I wanted to start the long snapper for 2 years and draft Lawrence

Reactions: A1.
@phinz_4_ever I’m not sure how you see this “roller coaster” working out good for us? Sounds like you’re excited for another 6-7 win season? What am I missing here?

Everyone needs to understand that you cannot just give the players on this team the idea that you want them to go out and lose every game. They are professional athletes. Plus, if you want to do that, how are you going to evaluate any young talent? Why are guys going to want to put their bodies on the line every Sunday if you have Falk under center and have given the obvious message that you need to lose every game?

Fitz is a good signing in that it lets the players on the team know that you still expect to play hard and stay in games. If you win a couple, great. Again, what kind of locker room will we have with the mentality that you're asking guys to pretty much intentionally lose?

Also, for anyone worrying about winning "8-10 games" - seriously? Have you seen the players we have on defense? How about o-line?

So IMO this isn't about losing every game. It's a rebuild. Maybe you win 2 and get the first pick. Maybe you win 4 and have some young guys develop and still pick top 5. They are still going to get a qb to groom. Maybe even 2. Relax.

@phinz_4_ever I’m not sure how you see this “roller coaster” working out good for us? Sounds like you’re excited for another 6-7 win season? What am I missing here?

This! Exactly this...winning any games this year is pointless

Get your head out of the "tank" hole. Tua will not be a Dolphins QB. There will be no tanking. The Dolphins are going for a QB this year.
Please go on record and tell us which qb you want the Dolphins to pick in this year's draft. I'm really curious to know. And then please tell us how you think the Dolphins will make that happen. What would you be willing to give up to get in a position to draft one of these saviors? Miami would most likely have to trade up to guarantee drafting one of those guys.

I've never said Tua is the guy I definitely want, I'm just saying that picking from next year's qb class looks a hell of a lot more appealing than picking from this year's.

I predict a 4th round or later QB pick from this draft becomes one of the elite in the NFL.
I also predict we won't be the team that picks him.
I predict this will be evident before Ross decides we need a coaching change.

That's three interrelated picks centering on a QB who no one knows about yet.

My last prediction is that my three level QB prediction will be closer to actuality then the pro tanking posts.

How's that for a prediction that will be verifiable and it's only affect is that we could have drafted him, but most of us knew enough to stay away from that player.

I think saving the many millions for the same production is the reasoning.

You might be right, but If it was, there would be more starters released or traded (Parker, Quinn, Stills, Alonzo, Jones...) to have more money next year when they actually go for a real starting QB, and actually try to fix the roster. I still think, if Miami gets the chance, they are more then willing to get a premium QB this year, and make enough adjustments where the roster is still competitive.

2 yrs/$11m seems a decent price for a veteran QB to offer stability in year one and bed in a rookie in year two.

There seems to be a massive assumption that he will win 'too many' games this year, but **** me compare the offense he had at TB compared to what we have. I fully expect numbers like he put up in his final year with the Jets.

A season with Bortles or McCarron would have been too chaotic, and the shitshow that ensued would likely have done more damage even if it had lead to a lower draft pick. We have a rookie coaching team with a lot of young players, a level-headed leader at QB is a must.

Last edited:
What a stupid ****ing move this is.

.....unless we are for sure drafting a QB in the first round this year.

Off the Tua train now. We're winning 5+ meaningless games this season.

Congrats, Giants.
Gtfoh we need a pro qb next year I want to at least be entertained while we lose

We had to get someone in there to keep the seat warm and potentially win games. Rebuilding does not mean go out and intentionally lose, it means build the team for the future. Did we just lock up 100 million on Fitzpatrick? No? Good. This is still a football team that has to go out and play every sunday.

But yeah whoever said Roller Coaster...Fitzpatrick is the man for that job lol. We'll probably look unbeatable on the way to 2-0 then break the single season interception record all in game 3, and then the record for points scored on oneself in game 4.

Is Fitz on par with Tannehill? Yes right? How many games did Miami win last season? How many did Tannehill miss? If Thill stays healthy how many do they win? If you think Fitz doesn't get the team to 8 wins you aren't paying attention

Your whole argument is based on your opinion of tannehill and fitzpatricks similarity. Your thought process of plugging him into 2018 is moot - they jettisoned a good bit of the roster, and replaced almost no one. Dwayne Allen, and Eric Rowe - additions to positions that weren’t subtracted. Who is rushing the passer this season? Or stopping the run?

If you’re a “qbwinz” guy, we may as well just call this discussion off.

I would gladly wager a VIP that this team doesn’t win 8 this season...

I know I am in the minority by thinking next season could be a big surprise to lot of us. Last year Fitzpatrick played some of his best football, actually he was better than some good QBs like Stafford. If he plays like last year we could see a very dangerous offense, and that Is something Tanny and the others could not do. I know we only have Tunsil on the OL but improving our OL from last year should not be difficult to do. So if this new staff (which I think are way more cappable than the previous one) figures out a way to improve the OL, and use our weapons (Stills, Wilson, Ballage, Grant and Drake) and maybe have a more consistent running game, then with Fitz at QB our offense should be better than last year...by a lot. If our new DC has a clue, we will see very good young players like Taylor, Howard and Fitzpatrick continue to develop and maybe a couple of otherother prom young ones being used the right way. The room for improvement on the coaching staff Is huge, last year we had nothing. Make no mistake, QB is the most important position of this sport, and I know that good ones often come on the top of the first round, but a Rodgers, Wilson, Brady and Brees can also happen.
I would love to have a Franchise QB in our team for a change, but I would also love to win big with Flores and Fitzpatrick while landing one. So I hope next year we surprise lots of people and then somehow we also end up with a Franchise QB in the next 3 years.

Everyone needs to understand that you cannot just give the players on this team the idea that you want them to go out and lose every game. They are professional athletes. Plus, if you want to do that, how are you going to evaluate any young talent? Why are guys going to want to put their bodies on the line every Sunday if you have Falk under center and have given the obvious message that you need to lose every game?

Fitz is a good signing in that it lets the players on the team know that you still expect to play hard and stay in games. If you win a couple, great. Again, what kind of locker room will we have with the mentality that you're asking guys to pretty much intentionally lose?

Also, for anyone worrying about winning "8-10 games" - seriously? Have you seen the players we have on defense? How about o-line?

So IMO this isn't about losing every game. It's a rebuild. Maybe you win 2 and get the first pick. Maybe you win 4 and have some young guys develop and still pick top 5. They are still going to get a qb to groom. Maybe even 2. Relax.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is 50-75-1 in his career as a starter.

https://www.footballdb.com/players/ryan-fitzpatrick-fitzpry01

I would not worry about him winning 6-8 games if he is even alive by the 5th game of the season. It felt like the D gave up 30 points before half almost every game last season. Don't think much is going to change there this season.

Who is rushing the passer this season? Or stopping the run?

If you’re a “qbwinz” guy, we may as well just call this discussion off.

I would gladly wager a VIP that this team doesn’t win 8 this season...

We were the 31st rushing defense last year, and only 3 teams had fewer sacks than us. So, it wont be hard to improve on that, even with undrafted, low profile FAs and rookies. If you add a more cappable coaching staff and a QB that had a very good year on Fitzpatrick, the potential to improve upon last year is huge, and we won 7, so 8-9 wins is not out of the equation. Flores and his staff could look very good by just improving on some areas where there Is a lot of room for doing it.

Back
Top Bottom