Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

I would not be surprised if the passing game becomes a strength of the team now, instead of a liability it has been as of late.

I think most of this fan base doesn’t actually watch other teams. The only information they get is people who call Tannehill the savior and breakdown his good plays and make analysis on the other qbs showing only their worst plays.

What I don't understand is what was the rush to sign an overpriced veteran bridge type qb when you don't even have a young franchise qb and are not guaranteed to be getting one in this year's draft? Why couldn't this have waited until after you see how the draft shakes out first? There are always veteran qb's floating around that could be signed after the draft that could mentor a young guy. This is just plain stupid and costly to do before you even know who you will have on your roster at the end of April.

So replacing qb A whose stats in the last 5 years were 1193-1839 13327 yards 87td 45 int 7.2 y/a 155 sacks for 1252 yards 34 fumbles and an 5.86 Any/a

with

Qb b. 1020-1686 12567 yards 84 td 55 int 7.5 y/a 80 sacks for - 368 yard 23 fumbles and an 6.46 Any/a is somehow a downgrade?

Let’s take off the rose colored glasses for a minute. It’s actually comical that people still think that.

What I don't understand is what was the rush to sign an overpriced veteran bridge type qb when you don't even have a young franchise qb and are not guaranteed to be getting one in this year's draft? Why couldn't this have waited until after you see how the draft shakes out first? There are always veteran qb's floating around that could be signed after the draft that could mentor a young guy. This is just plain stupid and costly to do before you even know who you will have on your roster at the end of April.

I think you are mistaken we just traded the over priced QB and signed a cheap bridge that is in the same tier if not higher.

Last edited:
I don't like this move. He'll make us win games, sort of make us believe there could be a push and then **** the bed the next two games throwing a combined 6 picks.

I don't like this move. He'll make us win games, sort of make us believe there could be a push and then **** the bed the next two games throwing a combined 6 picks.

Nah, we won't ever believe because Fitz has done this ,multiple times before. I don't understand how anyone could have wanted Teddy B. or Tyrod Taylor and is upset about Fitz. Like I've said, Bridgewater and Taylor are safe. When teams beat themselves they will win the game. Fitz will win an occasional game by having a great game but he will also throw up stinkers that cost us games. It will come out in the wash and Fitz will be more fun to watch. The other 2 guys are boring as ****.

$5.5m a year is not overpriced for a starting QB.

I'm not sure what your alternative is, not to sign a veteran QB? Regardless of whether we take a QB in 2019 or 2020 we'l need someone like him for the next two years.

I
I'm assuming you meant Rosen and not Allen in your above post. I think the big difference between you and guys like me who would rather wait until next season to take a qb, is that we don't believe in any of the prospects at qb, with maybe the exception of Murry who also has many red flags, as strongly as you do. Plus Murry is likely to be gone with the first pick. Not only that, but I think you are underestimating what it might take to move ahead of the Giants for what I believe to be a huge risk prospect wise in Haskins or Lock.
Yeah. I meant Rosen. Just before that I read an article on the Bills and that late in the night I got the Josh's mixed up.

I might be off by a pick or so but based on the draft value chart I am probably pretty close. At least I thought about it. I haven't read from you one dam thing worth except "tank duh, tank duh".

You are calling Haskins and Lock a risk? Why so? Enlighten us all.

$5.5m a year is not overpriced for a starting QB.

I'm not sure what your alternative is, not to sign a veteran QB? Regardless of whether we take a QB in 2019 or 2020 we'l need someone like him for the next two years.

He's the perfect guy for this. a) the QB wasn't going to work with Tannehill. b) two years on the cheap c) win or lose doesn't matter there is a QB being drafted at some point to replace him and d) he knows this all.

they have enough picks to bundle to move up. there are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Back
Top Bottom