Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

I like the move. Is there anyone out there who wouldn't think Drew Lock/Ryan Fitzpatrick combo is better than Tannehill /Osweilder?
Drew Lock would actually be a good fit with learning from Fitzpatrick. Wouldn't mind that combo, prefer him to Haskins due to Lock being able to scramble & be mobile.

Gross, it better not be too hi of a cap hit but at least it's something.

He was basically the last decent QB out there, all I can look forward to is this defense which will be a work in progress lol.

Fun times :sick

I am perfectly fine with Fitzpatrick manning the helm while we find a long term QB. This should be pretty fun with all the speed we have to work with. I also think that we'll look this year for someone to groom, too many variables for next year's draft class to not try looking in this draft.

I don't think anybody is thinking of Fitzpatrick as a savior. You are making **** up. He is a QB which will take the team out of your fairy tale wishful thinking of a "tank". Sure. But he is no savior.

Everything points to that he will be the veteran presence for our new rookie to learn from. Having gun slinging pocket QBs as advisers (Marino and Moore) and getting a gun slinging veteran QB on the roster everything points to a more pocket QB in the draft this year - Haskins or Lock. Both will be within reach.

If we are drafting a QB in the first round that needs a veteran presence, we have already made a terrible pick. I don't buy having someone to mentor a QB. Mahomes, Watson, Goff, Mayfield, and trubisky didnt have a veteran presence. Why do you want fitzpatrick mentoring any QB anyway? To show him out to get shipped off to 8 different teams? How to to be inconsistent? How to throw 6 picks in a game?

I looked at CK's Twitter yesterday to see his thoughts on the Fitzpatrick signing. He tweeted a list of the the odds of getting the #1 overall pick for the past 30 years. Both times the team went 0-16, they got the #1 pick, which is obvious. There were 9 times a team finished with 1 win and all 9 times they got the #1 pick. But it starts to get dicey after 2 win team, who only received the #1 pick 9 times out of 21. And 3 win teams took home the #1 pick, 6 times out of 34. So with those stats signing Ryan Fitzpatrick could be the biggest threat to a real chance of getting the # 1 overall selection. This saddens me. I realize the tank is on and all the rave for most fans. But it's truly looking less likely now based on history. Especially if the fear is realized and Fitzpatrick somehow wins more than 3 games?

Last edited:
If we don’t draft a QB in the first will you change your tune? Cause right now it sounds like you’re super hyped to 5-11 or 6-10 again
Stop making **** up. Who says I am superhyped to go 5-11 or 6-10? Just because your solution is "tank duh...tank duh" doesn't mean I am happy with 5-11 or 6-10. I am putting my ass into a hot and sweaty stadium for decades. Why would I be happy with 5-11 or 6-10?

I was asked a question and I gave a detailed answer. All you and others can counter "tank duh...tank duh". It's like talking to Beavis and Butthead and waiting for tinkerbell to spray that dust of greatness on us.

If we do not draft a QB this year than the price was too high. My wish of trading up (if we have to) to get Haskins does not mean trading the farm away.
You provide no solution whatsoever. Yeah, I know...tank duh.

If we are drafting a QB in the first round that needs a veteran presence, we have already made a terrible pick. I don't buy having someone to mentor a QB. Mahomes, Watson, Goff, Mayfield, and trubisky didnt have a veteran presence. Why do you want fitzpatrick mentoring any QB anyway? To show him out to get shipped off to 8 different teams? How to to be inconsistent? How to throw 6 picks in a game?

Nope but rather for his Harvard brain and experience of being in the NFL since 2005.

I’d rather have that over a Bortles or Bridgewater who is going to attack the job as if they should be beating out the rookie.

Also, for all the “6 pick games” the guy still has 42 more TDs than picks.

Also, for all the “6 pick games” the guy still has 42 more TDs than picks.

In his 6 int game 5 of the interceptions came with 17 minutes left in the game down by 14. Who cares that he actually tried to lead the team to a comeback and failed. I’d rather have a qb that actually tries to win and fails vs a qb/coach who plays to keep his stats good.

Fitzpatrick was a desperation signing but a pretty safe choice til we see what happens draft day. He is no savior.

He's starting his 15th season in 2019, playing for his 8th NFL team. Has twice the experience of the prior Dolphins QB

2 years ago ( 2016 ) he had a 6 int game VS Kansas City and Zero ( 0 ) touchdowns almost breaking the record but just tied it.

Ryan Fitzpatrick Joined Elite Company With His Horrific Six Interception Game in 2016

https://uproxx.com/sports/ryan-fitzpatrick-six-interceptions-zero-touchdowns/

Ryan Fitzpatrick throws six TDs in blowout of Titans in 2014

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...tzpatrick-throws-six-tds-in-blowout-of-titans

You have no idea how the NFL works. None. Just go away.
Of the QBs YOU listed: Mahomes had a mentor (Smith). Mayfield had a mentor in Taylor until he got hurt. Trubisky had Glenn until he got hurt. Goff had Keenum who started that year as well.
Watson is the only one of that list who started game 1 in his rookie year.

I've always liked watching Fitzpatrick's interviews.

The other aspect I really liked about Fitz is that his teammates seemed to genuinely love the guy. Will be a breath of fresh air.....while he lasts.

Back
Top Bottom