Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

I posted several months ago after the tanking rumor that Fitz would be the perfect guy for Miami. He will keep it entertaining but likely won't manage to have much success.

12 years in the NFL and Fitz has exactly one winning season. His best season outside of the 10 win year (swept Miami in 2015) was 6 wins and he had only two of those. He has 190 TD and 148 picks.

He played more than half the season 9 out of 12 years. Those teams drafted @.....

2009 (Cin) 6th - Andre Smith
2010 (Buf) 9th - CJ Spiller
2011 (Buf) 3rd - Marcel Dareus
2012 (Buf) 10th - Stephone Gilmore
2013 (Buf) traded 8 for 16 and EJ Manuel
2014 (Ten) 11th - Taylor Lewan
2015 (Hou) 16th - Kevin Johnson
2016 (NYJ) 20th - Darron Lee
2017 (NYJ) 6th - Jamal Adams

(Some useless trivia for ya)...
Looks like hes never been bad enough for the top pick then? The tank is dead

Currently, Miami has the worst quarterback situation in the NFL. Probably the worst offensive line in the NFL as well and a bottom five defensive line. Yep, the #1 overall pick is definitely a big possibility.

I posted several months ago after the tanking rumor that Fitz would be the perfect guy for Miami. He will keep it entertaining but likely won't manage to have much success.

12 years in the NFL and Fitz has exactly one winning season. His best season outside of the 10 win year (swept Miami in 2015) was 6 wins and he had only two of those. He has 190 TD and 148 picks.

He played more than half the season 9 out of 12 years. Those teams drafted @.....

2009 (Cin) 6th - Andre Smith
2010 (Buf) 9th - CJ Spiller
2011 (Buf) 3rd - Marcel Dareus
2012 (Buf) 10th - Stephone Gilmore
2013 (Buf) traded 8 for 16 and EJ Manuel
2014 (Ten) 11th - Taylor Lewan
2015 (Hou) 16th - Kevin Johnson
2016 (NYJ) 20th - Darron Lee
2017 (NYJ) 6th - Jamal Adams

(Some useless trivia for ya)...
Yup.....Fitz is a streaky player. Good choice to get us a year or two.

I’m surprised he doesn’t have more pics.....the guy takes major risks with the football but at times, that high risk produces for him.

Yup.....Fitz is a streaky player. Good choice to get us a year or two.

I’m surprised he doesn’t have more pics.....the guy takes major risks with the football but at times, that high risk produces for him.

I’ll be taking a flyer on Kenny Stills late in my fantasy football drafts this year. For whatever you want to say about Fitzpatrick, he loves to take shots deep and is pretty effective doing so.

Ugh....
So, since Miami is "tanking" do they tell Fitzpatrick that plan and tell him don't try to win too bad, or do they tell him, "Go for it, take big risks for big plays!" and just assume he won't win very many? :lol:

Looks like hes never been bad enough for the top pick then? The tank is dead

I mean having a top 10 pick 6 out of 9 years doesnt exactly scream "the tank is dead". This miami team is gonna be bad. We have lost some of our better players in free agency. Wake our best pass rusher. Gore unfortunately our best offensive player from last year. James out second best olineman. Sitton our third best olineman. Quinn our second best pass rusher is likely gone as well. Our best WR is coming back from a hip injury. Grant coming back from an Achilles injury. Our best dlineman coming back from injury. We havent exactly been quick to fill these holes much less fill them with better talent. Tank is still on in my opinion. They just did some window dressing.

Fins are all but certain to win 3 or more games with Fitzpatrick and current receivers. They could possibly still pick up a franchise qb with a top 3 pick. IMO #1 pick isn't happening unless they move Gesicki to longsnapper. That would probably rupture the hull.

I mean having a top 10 pick 6 out of 9 years doesnt exactly scream "the tank is dead". This miami team is gonna be bad. We have lost some of our better players in free agency. Wake our best pass rusher. Gore unfortunately our best offensive player from last year. James out second best olineman. Sitton our third best olineman. Quinn our second best pass rusher is likely gone as well. Our best WR is coming back from a hip injury. Grant coming back from an Achilles injury. Our best dlineman coming back from injury. We havent exactly been quick to fill these holes much less fill them with better talent. Tank is still on in my opinion. They just did some window dressing.
Tanking means top 3 pick, that's what it takes to get Tua or Fromm

Tanking means top 3 pick, that's what it takes to get Tua or Fromm

Yeah given his age and our roster. Its not off the table. What teams have a worse QB situation as it stands now? That's not taking into account our 28th ranked defense that has gotten worse in the offseason. Or the oline that has lost 2 of the projected 5 starters. We arent making moves in free agency either to fill these holes which we probably shouldn't.

Mods for please I’m begging you open a “Tanking” forum and move any threads with the words tank to it. We all want a franchise QB and a high pick in the 2020 draft but the obsession with it will be annoying as hell. Wait until we wins a game or have teams with worse records than us, the forum will be unbearable. We all get it but our rooting interests won’t help the team win or lose. Sit back, root for the fins and let the chips fall as they may.

MOVE ALL TANK SUPPORTERS AND THEIR THREADS TO ANOTHER LOCATION PLEASE MODS... I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A DIFFERENT CONVERSATION.. SINCERLY

MOVE ALL TANK SUPPORTERS AND THEIR THREADS TO ANOTHER LOCATION PLEASE MODS... I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A DIFFERENT CONVERSATION.. SINCERLY
Start a new thread and we'll make tanking off topic for it. That's all i can suggest

So their are posters who are going to be dying to join the pity party when we WIN games in 2019? It's going to be a fun season. I can see it now, Minkah Fitzpatrick has a pick 6 that wins us a game and for the rest of our lives it will be, "I hate Minkah Fitzpatrick, he cost us the 1st pick in the 2020 draft. What an idiot he knows he should have dropped it." Fun fun!

I would not be surprised if the passing game becomes a strength of the team now, instead of a liability it has been as of late.

Actually I would not be surprised if the team looks much better than last year. Specially if we get the Fitz of the first 5 games of last year, our offense could look like it never looked under Tanny and his different coaches. On defense I can see lots of young players continue to improve, and being coached by a DC that has a clue can be a huge difference maker.

Back
Top Bottom