Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

well I guess that's what forums are for. but hey, whats done is done. The man is our starter now.

Going about it all wrong for a tank.

Sign Michael Schmitt out of West Liberty State for the league minimum. He’s basically guaranteed to lead you to 0-16, as he can’t accurately throw a football over 30 yards in any direction. He’s too short to see over the line so he’ll never get out of a pass rushes way, but he’s too damn stubborn to stay down.

He’s got heart, but not talent.

THAT is how you get the #1 overall next year. ;)

Sorry but I dont agree. Tanny was not a good QB and Fitz Is not a good one but he will improve our passing game. Overall he Is a bit better than Tanny. Our OL was ranked 31st last year, there should be improvement just by getting rid of the bad ones and putting new ones. Finally our coaching staff Is way better this year.
Well, potentially I agree with you. Right now, though, we're talking about an offensive line that was 31st and has lost James and Sitton. I do think that will be a priority (1st or 2nd round pick) in the draft. But there's a long way to go on the offensive line just to be respectable.

Fitz over Tannehill? Not sure there. Fitz throws a lot of interceptions, but he is praised for his locker room presence so I think he will be a good fit to mold a young quarterback,

Sorry but I dont agree. Tanny was not a good QB and Fitz Is not a good one but he will improve our passing game. Overall he Is a bit better than Tanny. Our OL was ranked 31st last year, there should be improvement just by getting rid of the bad ones and putting new ones. Finally our coaching staff Is way better this year.

I agree with you, but I don't think Fitz is better than Tannehill. He will be willing to take more chances. That may result in more TD passes but he will likely shatter Tanny's career high for INT's too. I think Tanny would win more games the other team gives away while Fitz may win more games from being aggressive but will lose more games than Tanny would do to his poor play. I'll stop there because my point is not to start a Fitz vs Tanny debate. At this point that's not a debate worth having.

What I agree with is I expect good coaching, scheming, good fundamentals and most certainly a tougher football team. I expect both lines will improve even if the talent level ends up being about the same. I mean it looks bleak now but I'm confident we will have serviceable starters by the time the season starts. Anyone evaluating the roster now as what we are going into the season with is wasting their time. Does anyone really think our LG is going to be worse than Ted Larsen? Just the fact he's off the team has the arrow pointing to an improved LG without even knowing the name. Also, parking Allen next to our new RT is going to be LIGHT years better than what we had to park next to James last year. We will not have the 31st best O-line in 2019, or 32nd for the wise asses.

Yes the new coaching team will absolutely want to evaluate Parker (set up to be cut after this year), Drake (last year of deal) and Gesicki (who ****ing knows where he's at); 'we' might already have a season of assessing them but the coaching team will want to work with them and assess them before making decisions on all three at the end of the year. To do so there needs to be a level of competency at QB, they won't be able to do it with inconsistent play from Falk, Ruddock or a mid-round rookie QB. Go down that route and we'll still be making excuses for Parker under-performing this time next year, or wondering how much of an effect opponents stuffing the box because Easton Stick is struggling to move the chains has had on Drake's performance. Just throwing a raw QB in there to see what they can do is a common request (every fanbase loves a scrappy unheralded QB) but it comes with other negative effects, especially if you have a new coaching team who need to make decisions on offensive players at the end of the year.

While you're right that signing Fitzpatrick won't suddenly hoodwink the team that this year is something of a write-off there still needs to be an element of stability; this is not a chance to say '**** it let's try something crazy' just because we're rebuilding. We will have a young roster with a rookie coaching team, and while it's easy to say 'just lose this year and when we get Tua everything will be OK' unfortunately it won't; with inexperienced coaching and playing teams the issues inevitably caused by a chaotic losing season will be exacerbated and cause lasting damage. With the best will in the world and no matter how much you expect it losing will still be a drain on everyone - players, coaches, fans - so the effects of that need to be minimised as much as possible. Again you're right that winning isn't the priority this year, but neither is creating so much of a ****show that is permanently scars some of the players or coaches, or damages the relationship between them.

Ultimately maybe they just don't rate any top QBs in this year's draft, or think that next year's are worth waiting for? If we aren't planning on taking a rookie in the first round this year then this signing is perfectly logical. Starting Falk/Ruddock/AN Other mid-round QB is adding issues that the coaching team don't need to be preoccupied with if they've already decided that their QB is in the 2020 draft. By all means give them some garbage time but a cheap, reliable, experienced QB is a sound choice. There aren't any mixed messages - 2019 is a year for clearing house and Fitzpatrick is holding down the fort while it happens.

I think you are reading in to what I’m saying based on the general leanings of this forum in regard to tanking. I don’t believe in tanking as a goal. I also don’t believe in Tua, let alone think he is worth throwing the season for. I don’t want a “scrappy unheralded” QB. I also don’t want a terrible product on the field.

With all that said, there is an undeniable truth for Miami right now, and that is that the owner opened his mouth and negated the value of this and possibly several upcoming seasons. He provided the GM with all the necessary power to completely recreate this team without short term winning being a part of the equation, and the GM is steadily eliminating veterans and some of our blue chip players. All the players are aware of the roster moves and exactly what Ross said. If you are trying to save face with one mediocre veteran at QB, it’s way too late for that. It is incredibly naive to believe these players don’t see right through it. Damage done.

As to assessing our other offensive players, I still feel that ship has already sailed as well. To believe that Flores and Grier don’t already have an idea of what their players can and can’t do based on game tape, interviews and practices is also a bit foolish. Most of these players strengths and weaknesses are obvious to fans, why not to coaches. Even if this is part of the equation, shouldn’t you evaluate with someone better than the QB that is leaving? Why a parallel move? Again, just makes no sense.

Everyone agrees that more production is needed out of the QB position, why not take a chance when there is literally nothing to lose for this staff? They are the only team in the league with public permission to take true risk and are blowing it trying to play it safe.

Yeah given his age and our roster. Its not off the table. What teams have a worse QB situation as it stands now? That's not taking into account our 28th ranked defense that has gotten worse in the offseason. Or the oline that has lost 2 of the projected 5 starters. We arent making moves in free agency either to fill these holes which we probably shouldn't.
Last year we won 7 with Tanny/Osweiler/Fales, the 31st ranked running defense, the 31st ranked OL and the worst defensive coordinator in the league. And a coach without a clue. If Flores and his coaching staff just do their job, we can easily win 8 next year. Fitz played very good football last year. I would love to draft a top QB on the next three years, but winning should be part of our culture. We have a young team full of very promising talent like Minkah, Howard, Taylor, Tunsil, Drake, Wilson, Grant and Ballage. Baker, Godchaux and McMillan should continue to improve with this coaching staff. And maybe we can rescue someone between Parker, Harris and Gesicki. If Ryan Fitzpatrick plays like the first 5 games of last year and Flores can gameplan like he supposedly did in the Superbowl, we may have a better team than last year despite losing some good (but old or often injured) players.

Going about it all wrong for a tank.

Sign Michael Schmitt out of West Liberty State for the league minimum. He’s basically guaranteed to lead you to 0-16, as he can’t accurately throw a football over 30 yards in any direction. He’s too short to see over the line so he’ll never get out of a pass rushes way, but he’s too damn stubborn to stay down.

He’s got heart, but not talent.

THAT is how you get the #1 overall next year. ;)

Or they could have just started Luke Falk or Jake Rudock and called it good. I don't get the need to sign Ryan Fitzpatrick if they are truly trying to tank. He might actually win a few games compared to starting the other guys on the roster and hurting the Dolphins draft position in 2020.

34 pages about Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The offseason is in full swing.

Also DVP will have 1000 yards tbus year just based on the fact Fitzmagic will be yeeting it to him deep any chance he gets.

So now Parker is ready to work LOL!

Fitz puts it up nevermind the risk. Let's hope he puts it up to Parker on a regular basis covered or not. Maybe Fitz will make a player of him yet. (If Fitz is indeed the starter)

There is no denying the kid has raw talent so let's be excited that he's reaching out.

Or they could have just started Luke Falk or Jake Rudock and called it good. I don't get the need to sign Ryan Fitzpatrick if they are truly trying to tank. He might actually win a few games compared to starting the other guys on the roster and hurting the Dolphins draft position in 2020.
:lol:

ehxl6x.gif

:lol:

Last year we won 7 with Tanny/Osweiler/Fales, the 31st ranked running defense, the 31st ranked OL and the worst defensive coordinator in the league. And a coach without a clue. If Flores and his coaching staff just do their job, we can easily win 8 next year. Fitz played very good football last year. I would love to draft a top QB on the next three years, but winning should be part of our culture. We have a young team full of very promising talent like Minkah, Howard, Taylor, Tunsil, Drake, Wilson, Grant and Ballage. Baker, Godchaux and McMillan should continue to improve with this coaching staff. And maybe we can rescue someone between Parker, Harris and Gesicki. If Ryan Fitzpatrick plays like the first 5 games of last year and Flores can gameplan like he supposedly did in the Superbowl, we may have a better team than last year despite losing some good (but old or often injured) players.

Our OL is completely empty right now. I don't have confidence we can throw one together this season. So I don't think we're getting 8 wins. But of course we need to see what happens. It's early in the process,so who knows how the rest of the offseason plays out.

Back
Top Bottom