Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

So their are posters who are going to be dying to join the pity party when we WIN games in 2019? It's going to be a fun season. I can see it now, Minkah Fitzpatrick has a pick 6 that wins us a game and for the rest of our lives it will be, "I hate Minkah Fitzpatrick, he cost us the 1st pick in the 2020 draft. What an idiot he knows he should have dropped it." Fun fun!

It's definitely going to get annoying.

I understand those who want to lose, though. They believe it's just the next step to getting better. I wonder if those who want to lose laughed at Cameron's fail forward fast.

I can't imagine a Sunday drinking, eating, and having a great time with friends and family while cheering every time a team scores on us. How can one do that as a fan? How?

Somebody is big mad. You are just putting too much weight into this mentoring stuff. Who is mentoring Mahomes, Goff, Mayfield and Trubisky now? Will they implode? Or does mentoring stop after 6 months in the league?

Chad Henne actually mentored Mahomes this past year. We need to sign Chad Henne to mentor.

Sean Mannion is also a good mentoring option. He helped Goff.

Chase Daniel come on down. Great Mentor for the Bears.
I am not mad at all. I am just befuddled by your insistence to prove me right that you have simply no clue how the NFL works in its most simplistic form.
But that is nothing new since this is your MO since you "joined" us about 6 months ago. You have not added anything of value.

Initially I did not want to respond to your garbage posts anymore but that last one from you was just a gift I could not reject. You have no idea what mentoring in the NFL means.

I think most of this fan base doesn’t actually watch other teams. The only information they get is people who call Tannehill the savior and breakdown his good plays and make analysis on the other qbs showing only their worst plays.
Once you start watching RedZone, it's hard to stop watching. Yeah, you're only seeing important plays so it's kinda like watching a YouTube highlight reel, but if you get the chance, it's a really fun way to watch other teams. Kinda feels like the Top 10 plays of the day but all happening live and instead of highlight plays … it's meaningful plays as they happen. Great way to enjoy this upcoming season without getting too upset about the Dolphins … and learn a bit about other teams. :)

I am not mad at all. I am just befuddled by your insistence to prove me right that you have simply no clue how the NFL works in its most simplistic form.
But that is nothing new since this is your MO since you "joined" us about 6 months ago. You have not added anything of value.

Initially I did not want to respond to your garbage posts anymore but that last one from you was just a gift I could not reject. You have no idea what mentoring in the NFL means.

Isnt that the truth. Lot of value you add by being the tanking nazi around here.

LOSER = "a person who accepts defeat"
I guess the two questions that pop into my head while agreeing with that definition are:

1) What's the difference between perpetual mediocrity and defeat?

and

2) Long-Term defeat or Short-Term defeat?

To me, mediocrity is accepting defeat … but I can see how others might have a different viewpoint.

Personally, I'm willing to sacrifice short-term if I see it benefitting in the long-term. Kinda like a "No Pain, No Gain" mentality applied not only to players but also to coaches and GM's. That's the basis of why I'd be willing to accept tanking (short-term failure) for the ability to draft an elite QB and still have the picks to build a team around him (long-term success). Sure, it's a gamble, but so is every decision in the NFL. Looking at the percentages, it seems our chances of finding that elite QB go up considerably I we draft in the top 3 in a year (2020) that has 3 elite prospects who fit our system.

Is tanking losing? Yes. Is accepting mediocrity again after 20 years of failed pach-jobs losing? Yes, I think that is losing as well. Admittedly, people may have different viewpoints on it.

MOVE ALL TANK SUPPORTERS AND THEIR THREADS TO ANOTHER LOCATION PLEASE MODS... I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A DIFFERENT CONVERSATION.. SINCERLY

So segregate them out? A tank forum. A 4-8 win forum. A 9-10 win forum. Nobody dumb enough to think we will win over 10. I don't think.

Different ways to think about how this team can get better.

It's definitely going to get annoying.

I understand those who want to lose, though. They believe it's just the next step to getting better. I wonder if those who want to lose laughed at Cameron's fail forward fast.

I can't imagine a Sunday drinking, eating, and having a great time with friends and family while cheering every time a team scores on us. How can one do that as a fan? How?

I understand it too. However I also understand my rooting interests have no affect on the outcome of the games. If they did the Dolphins would have won like the last 10 or we Super Bowls. I will always root for wins and letvghe chips fall as they may. Then you’ll have the idiots thanking the guys who rooted for the team to win for the “meaningless wins” like they had something to do with it. It’s the absolute biggest idiocy you see on here. I think some fans really believe rooting interests affect the games. Will the be mad at the guys who attend games and yell loud when we are on defense? It just gets ridiculous! The truth is us winning 2 or 3 games is hard and unlikely to happen. Some are going to take it really, really hard.

How much worse are we really going to be this year? Not much if any. Basically, this offseason we lost Wake and James.....that's it. We also lost Gase and Burke, so that alone make our offense and defense better. Thill and Fitz are pretty even, but Fitz is a lot better than Oz and even he went 2-5. Use the picks this year on DL and OL, unless a qb falls to you at 13 that you love. There is no guarantee that we will be picking in the top 10 next year let alone the top 3.

Sure, it's a gamble, but so is every decision in the NFL. Looking at the percentages, it seems our chances of finding that elite QB go up considerably I we draft in the top 3 in a year (2020) that has 3 elite prospects who fit our system.

Is tanking losing? Yes. Is accepting mediocrity again after 20 years of failed pach-jobs losing? Yes, I think that is losing as well. Admittedly, people may have different viewpoints on it.

And it's that uncertainty, along with many other reasons, which leads me to believe that cheering against the team is foolish. There's just zero guarantee that we tank and the QB selected isn't a bust or isn't just mediocre for another 7 years. I know the odds of success increase exponentially of getting our star at top 3.

But we only have so many games before one day it is all over and hopefully there is a great beyond where we can still watch from. Every win is precious, as precious as whatever time we have left.

Don't you feel overwhelming elation taking it to our opponent on Sundays? A loss ruins my entire week, man. I can't even watch sportscenter or inside the nfl. I'm too invested .

And it's so stupid because there are so many other things in life to enjoy or worry about. But I didn't choose this. I was born into this tribe. My father put a mini Dolphins football in my crib when I was a baby (have the photos to prove it... somewhere) and the rest is history.

If you could guarantee me a championship team after a year of tanking, I'm your Huckleberry.

Easy guys let's keep this civil. People can take either side of the road on the tank debate and we have a long season to go. No need to fling insults around now.

Warning to the tread.

Currently, Miami has the worst quarterback situation in the NFL. Probably the worst offensive line in the NFL as well and a bottom five defensive line. Yep, the #1 overall pick is definitely a big possibility.

Sorry but I dont agree. Tanny was not a good QB and Fitz Is not a good one but he will improve our passing game. Overall he Is a bit better than Tanny. Our OL was ranked 31st last year, there should be improvement just by getting rid of the bad ones and putting new ones. Finally our coaching staff Is way better this year.

Back
Top Bottom