Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

And it's that uncertainty, along with many other reasons, which leads me to believe that cheering against the team is foolish. There's just zero guarantee that we tank and the QB selected isn't a bust or isn't just mediocre for another 7 years. I know the odds of success increase exponentially of getting our star at top 3.

But we only have so many games before one day it is all over and hopefully there is a great beyond where we can still watch from. Every win is precious, as precious as whatever time we have left.

Don't you feel overwhelming elation taking it to our opponent on Sundays? A loss ruins my entire week, man. I can't even watch sportscenter or inside the nfl. I'm too invested .

And it's so stupid because there are so many other things in life to enjoy or worry about. But I didn't choose this. I was born into this tribe. My father put a mini Dolphins football in my crib when I was a baby (have the photos to prove it... somewhere) and the rest is history.

If you could guarantee me a championship team after a year of tanking, I'm your Huckleberry.
I get that. Everyone has their own viewpoint on stuff like this. For someone whose strong reward for watching is the visceral excitement and adrenaline rush, that makes tons of sense. I have some of that in me too.

But after watching decades of success I really want that again. Having now been through two decades on a treadmill of mediocrity, I'm not longer OK with doing the exact same thing and giving it a shot. I want something that is demonstrably better than before, and I'm OK with a "No Pain, No Gain" approach. If it means sucking for 1 year to give us the best percentage chance to get a QB who will be good for a decade … I'll do it. Yeah, nothing is certain … but playing lottery ticket odds for the rest of my life is depressing as hell. Two decades of false dawns. We have no great coach, and we're trying to get one, but they are really hard to find. We have a reasonable chance of getting a great QB though, if we get that top pick. To get that, either we mortgage our future picks, or we suck for one year. Of the two, the one that makes the most sense to me is tanking for one year. It'll suck … but not as much as enduring the discouraging mediocrity every year.

That's just my viewpoint. Not everyone will share that viewpoint, and that's cool.

We now have our quarterback of the future!!!
It just took a while so we could clear out Burke and Sitton and eliminate potential beard conflicts .. that much facial hair swinging around a practice field gets dangerous.

LOL right Cutler was such a great drop off from Tanny.:wink:

Like Brock was during the injury. We were saved by Tannys return, losing the last three games as per usual.

It just took a while so we could clear out Burke and Sitton and eliminate potential beard conflicts .. that much facial hair swinging around a practice field gets dangerous.
Well, **** ... I guess that means my shot at Fullback was over before it began.

****ing Fitzmagic. :bobdole:

Tell me this fat ****er couldn’t battering-ram his way to 4th and 1

2cxiwd0.jpg

Just paint the ball like a beer can.

LOL right Cutler was such a great drop off from Tanny.:wink:

Like Brock was during the injury. We were saved by Tannys return, losing the last three games as per usual.
I’d really like to know what your problem is. It is a picture with Fitzpatrick and Cutler. Nobody, I repeat N-O-B-O-D-Y, mentioned Ryan Tannehill.

The more I think about it the happier I am with this. In fitzpatrick you've got a guy with the same capability of doing just well enough to not get to the playoffs as Tannehill, but at least he's more consistent at putting up passing yardage and things. Having gone through seasons like 2007 I know what its like when QB play is so bad you can't evaluate your skill players. Last year the offense has a whole, with Tannehill unable to find pocket presence, was a wash for pretty much everyone development and evaluation wise. Fitzpatrick will at least give these guys a chance to make some plays and allow us to see what they can really do when given chances.

It seems like some are thinking 3-13 and first overall pick chase. It's clear the Dolphins are tanking, but I'd still put us in the 5-7 win range. The difference is we're gonna do it not paying a bunch of band-aids and overpriced, underproductive free agents. I'm on board.

Yeah. I meant Rosen. Just before that I read an article on the Bills and that late in the night I got the Josh's mixed up.

I might be off by a pick or so but based on the draft value chart I am probably pretty close. At least I thought about it. I haven't read from you one dam thing worth except "tank duh, tank duh".

You are calling Haskins and Lock a risk? Why so? Enlighten us all.
No, you have heard what my plan would be, you just don't like it. My plan would be to not spend a dime at qb, this year. I would most likely trade down in this year's draft and accumulate as many draft assets as possible for this year and mostly next year. I would then build the rest of my roster with those assets with this season's draft and then I would let the season play out. If the Dolphins happen to be fortunate enough to have the first pick in next year's draft they would have their choice of qb in, what many believe to be, a much stronger qb class than this year. If they don't happen to have the first pick next season, they could use their assets they accumulated this season to try and move up to get their guy.

Back
Top Bottom